Mass Effect 2 Controls (PC)

JessicaBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JessicaBoo

I just wondered if it just me, or the controls for ME2 at the start made you feel like not playing that game anymore? Obviously you don't because the game is awesome. I find myself constantly pressing the ME controls on it.  *presses the space bar* ...... Run, cover, jump over cover, interact, ALL WITH SPACE!!! not cool :( .. I didn't find the controls on the first one  bad at all. 

I miss my overheats too, i don't like running out of ammo. But yes makes the sniper tons better not over heating after every damn shot. :)  Which it does look damn awesome to be fair. :) i love the scoping on this one a lot, lot more. :)  

Bioware. Thanks for giving me a grenade launcher <3 Typical girl thing, loving weapons that go BOOM!! :) <---- Probably will regret comment later xD 

Well, i guess i wont take anyones time any more.! Of to eat i go!

< My first post > Wooooooo! :D  
J3ssYKaBooM
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Geno

First thing I did was set the run/confirm button to shift, and then space to the pause battle menu. Much better that way I think. And yeah I totally miss the overheats as well. 

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Binman88

Can't :( say :) I :) had :) a :D problem :( with :) the D: controls, :O seeing :) as :( they're :) customisable. :( :( ;(

litrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By litrock

I thought the same thing, too, but then after playing ME2 tried to go back to ME1.  Oh man, talk about a game that doesn't move very well. ME2 has its issues, but it allows for a lot better control in combat, which was obviously the goal.  But yes, overheating was way better than clips.  Even if I probably get more shots via clip with my sniper rifle than I would have with the overheat.

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Darkstar614

I immediately changed "space" and "shift" around when I first started, but after seeing that "space" was a context sensitive button for numerous things I changed it back. It makes more sense that your biggest button on your keyboard is used for the most actions in the game.  If you've ever played gears of war, you easily get used to the sprint/cover button being the same.

People seem to confuse context sensitive buttons in games with games "playing themselves". I've never seen them that way. There are only so many available buttons to use, even on a keyboard.. because about 60% of them are out of reach.

SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SilentCommando

I've never really had a problem with it. If anything I think it works better than ME1.

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HS21
@Binman88 said:
" Can't :( say :) I :) had :) a :D problem :( with :) the D: controls, :O seeing :) as :( they're :) customisable. :( :( ;( "
Perfect.
shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By shiftymagician
@Binman88 said:

" Can't :( say :) I :) had :) a :D problem :( with :) the D: controls, :O seeing :) as :( they're :) customisable. :( :( ;( "

Neither :| did :) I. :( But :O I XP understand ( '_' ) where ^_^ she o.O is XD coming <3 from b(^.^)b though. XD XD XD
warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By warxsnake
@Binman88 said:
what he said^
paulm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By paulm

yea mass effect 2 is great and WAY more polished then the first but their are a few things from the first game I missed, overheat is one of them. i hate that because i picked tech/biotic i have to use this grabage automatic pistol because i always run out of the good pistol's ammo.