Avatar image for gladiator_games
Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

So.. here's a question for you:

I love VHS, and have a pretty large collection, that grows regularly. However, my VCR has recently crapped out on me.

It's impossible to find working ones in thrift stores, and shipping on places like eBay hurts hard and I don't want to take my chances on them.

Does anyone know if there's a modern day VCR dude out there? Kinda like how the Analogue NT, or Retron people are to video games? Something good quality that'll last?

Thanks in advance duders!

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Good ones are expensive. Is it the actual Tapes you like? or would transferring them to digital something that appeals to you? Then you should send the output to a CRT or a screen that filters it to make it look?

There seems to be new one on Amazon for about $100? That seems like a good price, that you could over time get a few.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Dizzyhippos

I vaguely recall there being some specialized computer drive that lets you copy your VHS tapes onto digital format... I want to say there are also companies that will do it.

Might be pricey but sooner or later those tapes are going to wear out and your going to lose whats on them anyway so better to bite the bullet now if you can find one.