Most frightened you've ever been in your entire life?

• 80 results
Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Mourne
Sentry said:
"In my childhood?

Sentry said:
"Yeah, I sure as hell have. It was around 5 years ago when I was visiting Syria where family is. Me and a bunch of my cousins were walking at night, and it was fairly dark, streets were empty, etc. And something caught one of my cousins eye and she said look up look up, and what first seemed like REALLY bright stars (3 of them I think) moving very very slowly, turned into these big white lights moving around in the sky, in unbelieveable motions. Motions so fast, was like nothing I had ever seen in reality, where something could move from point A to B at the same exact speed from the second is moved to the last second it moved. No acceleration, no de acceleration. Imagine it somewhat like a mouse on the computer screen. Where it can move from point A to B so fast. We all were young so we just freaked out and started running home while looking up. All of us were just contantly looking up in the sky and running as fast as we could with eachother. Here I noticed something that the lights were not like a star, the moon, the sun, or a plane, where you could move dozens and dozens of meters away and the star would be in the same location; in the sky. This was like something that seemed far, big, and bright, yet when we ran it stayed back where we previously were in the sky. We slowed down a little since we were getting tired, and slowly calmed down, me atleast, since it wasn't DOING anything but following. That's when they rushed towards -in what we thought was our direction-, and this was something I will remember for all of my life. They zoomed in our direction in a speed you would never imagine, but it seemed like they were moving upwarsd and in our direction, and thats when we saw them go back into space, I suppose. Hard to explain... But we were all shocked. We ran back home talking to eachother about what the hell are we going to tell our parents. Once we got back home we told them, and they were pretty scared and shocked, but didn't believe us much, just shook us off.... we were young. Later in the night after everyone was supposed to be asleep, we went to lay on the roof and talk about it, and share our examinations I guess you could say. And this was when we saw them again, but this time a lot more, and a lot further, but with the same characteristics. I was going to call our parents but we didnt want to get in trouble for even being up late, and by the time they get up it might be gone, we didn't want to miss anything this time. They were in a clutter sort of, and moved in a floaty way, like there is no gravity and no acceleration or anything, its weird. We KNEW this could not be anything from or on this planet, because it was like nothing you have ever seen. The way they moved could not be possible. It's really hard to see something that you have never seen in reality before, its hard to explain really. We just sat and watched these glowing balls of light I suppose, and talking to eachother about what we think about it, what they could be, etc. They soon after stopped moving and just seemed to slowly dissapear or move upwards, after flying around constantly around.. I dont remember everything down to the point but I remember it generally, and it was difintely something I will remember for my whole life.

Eventually I asked my dad about it and learned he has also seen one before, but in Russia when he was studying there. It was on a beach or something, the sun was pretty low and bright. But he and several others saw this huge disc/oval shaped thing in the distance, but of massive size. It was an orangish color, or reflective light color, that made no noise whatsoever, and left no trace of wind or anything behind it. It came out of nowhere though, no one noticed when it came, but they noticed when it was there. My dad was a beginning photographer so when he went to grab his video camera the thing just zoomed away and upwards, in a way that fits my exact sighting, no acceleration like a car or plane, but just the same speed from the point it moved, hard to explain. Everyone was in awe and had no clue what to do about it, and at that timw there wasn't really anything you could do but speculate and move on..

That's my story I guess, I know they are out there, and I know eventually something will happen where it becomes widely known, but until then I guess im a nut."

That scared the shit out of us since it was so.. foreign, unanswerable, and just simply frightening."
OK, I don't mean to be offensive, but... Sentry, you make some of the most pestiferous posts of anyone here. In several topics, I'll run through them and not even look at names to the posters that are making valid points and observations--and then I get to one post that is just so totally off the wall and completely ridiculous. I look up, and, almost inevitably, the name is always "Sentry."

Are you doing that on purpose, or what?
Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Cleric
Lind_L_Taylor said:
"Cleric said:
"Lind_L_Taylor said:
"My first panic attack."

Yeah same here, even though in my case it wasn't triggered by anything scary, it really was a goddamned awful experience itself.

Other than that, it would have to be my first earthquake when I was about twelve.

"
My first one occurred when I was stoned.  Later on I could get them from drinking too much coffee.  I believe any kind of chemical change that can stress the body can set one off, given the right set of circumstances.
"

Yeah I know what you mean. In the end it all depends on the kind of lifestyle you're following...I managed to get rid of them by exercising a lot more and by kicking my caffeine addiction.
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By Meowayne

Personal matters aside (!), the most terrifing experiences I've had were playing through the first two Silent Hill games.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By BiggerBomb
Jolly_Lolly said:
"When I cut up the side of my head (real deep). Blood was everywhere, in my left eye mostly, and no one was around to help. Long story short, I lost consciousness, some guy supposedly saw me, carried me to his car, and drove me to the emergency room."

Did he have his way with you first? I can keep a secret.
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By zeus_gb

Having someone chase after me with a kitchen knife.  Then having a door with no lock on it just my foot holding the bottom of the door with the knife wielding nutter on the other side of it.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By BiggerBomb

I was freaked out throughout all of Condemned: Criminal Origins, that game is fucking scary. Also the first time Alma appears on the ladder in F.E.A.R. I screamed a lil' bit.

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57  Edited By Quadrifoglio
Sentry said:
"In my childhood?

Sentry said:
"Yeah, I sure as hell have. It was around 5 years ago when I was visiting Syria where family is. Me and a bunch of my cousins were walking at night, and it was fairly dark, streets were empty, etc. And something caught one of my cousins eye and she said look up look up, and what first seemed like REALLY bright stars (3 of them I think) moving very very slowly, turned into these big white lights moving around in the sky, in unbelieveable motions. Motions so fast, was like nothing I had ever seen in reality, where something could move from point A to B at the same exact speed from the second is moved to the last second it moved. No acceleration, no de acceleration. Imagine it somewhat like a mouse on the computer screen. Where it can move from point A to B so fast. We all were young so we just freaked out and started running home while looking up. All of us were just contantly looking up in the sky and running as fast as we could with eachother. Here I noticed something that the lights were not like a star, the moon, the sun, or a plane, where you could move dozens and dozens of meters away and the star would be in the same location; in the sky. This was like something that seemed far, big, and bright, yet when we ran it stayed back where we previously were in the sky. We slowed down a little since we were getting tired, and slowly calmed down, me atleast, since it wasn't DOING anything but following. That's when they rushed towards -in what we thought was our direction-, and this was something I will remember for all of my life. They zoomed in our direction in a speed you would never imagine, but it seemed like they were moving upwarsd and in our direction, and thats when we saw them go back into space, I suppose. Hard to explain... But we were all shocked. We ran back home talking to eachother about what the hell are we going to tell our parents. Once we got back home we told them, and they were pretty scared and shocked, but didn't believe us much, just shook us off.... we were young. Later in the night after everyone was supposed to be asleep, we went to lay on the roof and talk about it, and share our examinations I guess you could say. And this was when we saw them again, but this time a lot more, and a lot further, but with the same characteristics. I was going to call our parents but we didnt want to get in trouble for even being up late, and by the time they get up it might be gone, we didn't want to miss anything this time. They were in a clutter sort of, and moved in a floaty way, like there is no gravity and no acceleration or anything, its weird. We KNEW this could not be anything from or on this planet, because it was like nothing you have ever seen. The way they moved could not be possible. It's really hard to see something that you have never seen in reality before, its hard to explain really. We just sat and watched these glowing balls of light I suppose, and talking to eachother about what we think about it, what they could be, etc. They soon after stopped moving and just seemed to slowly dissapear or move upwards, after flying around constantly around.. I dont remember everything down to the point but I remember it generally, and it was difintely something I will remember for my whole life.

Eventually I asked my dad about it and learned he has also seen one before, but in Russia when he was studying there. It was on a beach or something, the sun was pretty low and bright. But he and several others saw this huge disc/oval shaped thing in the distance, but of massive size. It was an orangish color, or reflective light color, that made no noise whatsoever, and left no trace of wind or anything behind it. It came out of nowhere though, no one noticed when it came, but they noticed when it was there. My dad was a beginning photographer so when he went to grab his video camera the thing just zoomed away and upwards, in a way that fits my exact sighting, no acceleration like a car or plane, but just the same speed from the point it moved, hard to explain. Everyone was in awe and had no clue what to do about it, and at that timw there wasn't really anything you could do but speculate and move on..

That's my story I guess, I know they are out there, and I know eventually something will happen where it becomes widely known, but until then I guess im a nut."

That scared the shit out of us since it was so.. foreign, unanswerable, and just simply frightening."
Can I get a tl;dr?
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By BiggerBomb
Quadrifoglio said:
Can I get a tl;dr?"
What?
Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Otacon

watching Childsplay 3 last night, I was petrified lol (sarc).

Avatar image for starshiptrooper
StarshipTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By StarshipTrooper

I was standing on the side of some pond in South Carolina when I was 9, and some alligator tried to get me.

jaydough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jaydough
Sentry said:
"In my childhood?

Sentry said:

So... A firefly?
WhySoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By WhySoSerious
jaydough said:
"Sentry said:
"In my childhood?

Sentry said:

So... A firefly?"
lol
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#63  Edited By kush

Basically a choice I made may have saved my life, but I will never really know. It was pretty scary after the fact though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jaydough said:
"Sentry said:
"In my childhood?

Sentry said:

So... A firefly?"
LMFAO!! You wish my friend.
Fax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Fax

When I was 4 I broke a vase I thought my mom was going to kill me!

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
BiggerBomb said:
"Jolly_Lolly said:
"When I cut up the side of my head (real deep). Blood was everywhere, in my left eye mostly, and no one was around to help. Long story short, I lost consciousness, some guy supposedly saw me, carried me to his car, and drove me to the emergency room."

Did he have his way with you first? I can keep a secret."
You think you're being funny? I nearly died >.>
Avatar image for blacksuitandtie9
BlackSuitAndTie9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By BlackSuitAndTie9

Me and my friends got in a car chase because my friend decided it would be funny to make fun of the gangsters. Such a f-ing moron...

Avatar image for blacksuitandtie9
BlackSuitAndTie9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By BlackSuitAndTie9
BiggerBomb said:
"I was freaked out throughout all of Condemned: Criminal Origins, that game is fucking scary. Also the first time Alma appears on the ladder in F.E.A.R. I screamed a lil' bit."
I didn't think Condemned was that bad, but Alma scared the shit out of me every time she appeared, especially going down that ladder.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

When I had a panic attack, I actually thought I was dying, I felt like everything was closing in and my time had come, I had actually ran to my neighbour`s door and was banging on it yelling out "Call 911"
My friend had to grab me and actually hold onto me until I calmed down, the neighbour`s thankfully weren`t home.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By CommanderShiro

When I was slamming my brakes the moments before I got into a car accident. So glad no one ended up getting hurt. I can't say the same for my car that morning.

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#71  Edited By joey

The first time I ever played Resident Evil.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Black_Raven

Some crazy guy wearing a mask and holding a huge knife chased me when i was out late one night by myself. I ended up in the middle of this sports field with no light or anything so i couldn't see if he was still coming or not. I ended up just running to a friends house and they called the cops.

Kokoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73  Edited By Kokoro

I can't remember very far back, but a few weeks ago, it was storming pretty bad out and the thunder made a really loud bang and the lightning struck the TV and it made a sizzling noise. I was a jumping and screaming when that happened. At least the TV turned out to be okay after that.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#74  Edited By OGCartman
Vlademir said:
"Going to this forum.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic/31/awesome-youtube-video/10235/#12"
Hahaha yee, same
edgarfriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By edgarfriendly

When I was around 10 my family and I were off camping in the woods. My brother and I went for a hike up a nearby mountain. We were quite far from our camp. All of a sudden a freak hail storm started with hail the size of golf balls. Large tree branches were crashing to the ground all around us and the forest just sprang to life with all sorts of panicking animals, which we didn't know were in the immediate area (including a bear), were running every which way around us. It was the freakiest thing to go from a completely calm scene one second to complete chaos the next.

I don't think I have ever run so fast in my life.

Ubergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76  Edited By Ubergeist

My friend and I saw a guy get hit by a train. He died instantly. It was fuckin crazy. I still think about it.

boschy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By boschy

When i was crossing a road a couple years back i swear i looked and nothing was coming
 As i started walking my friend yelled out SHIT!!! i looked back at him he had his hand over his mouth as i put my head forward i felt a huge gust of wind i remember having to arch my back to avoid being hit by the side view mirror the car was going at LEAST 90kph  ,  that clown in the car had NO intention of even trying to stop.

it didn't really scare my when it happened but when i got home my heart started racing and i thought "damn i really could have died then"

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Pibo47

When i was in tokyo and saw a drug deal go bad, i was just wandering around the city because my dad was in a business meeting and i had nothing else to do, i walk by this alley way and see the guys in suits talking, then they started shooting each other like crazy, that was pretty scary. I didnt see any drugs but i just guessed itat the time, but the police said it was a drug deal, that was the last time i when to japan and im not sure if i ever want to go back.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ahriman22
Pibo47 said:
"

When i was in tokyo and saw a drug deal go bad, i was just wandering around the city because my dad was in a business meeting and i had nothing else to do, i walk by this alley way and see the guys in suits talking, then they started shooting each other like crazy, that was pretty scary. I didnt see any drugs but i just guessed itat the time, but the police said it was a drug deal, that was the last time i when to japan and im not sure if i ever want to go back.

"
How dare you never return....
Sir_Marwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Sir_Marwin

I fell into a well...