• 86 results
Mastercheesey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Mastercheesey

So whats the most impulsive purchase you've made? It could be a purchase of a console,accessory,or a game.

For me it was a few weeks ago when I felt like listening to the Katamari Damacy theme song and instead of going on youtube or buying it I decided to pre order a vita and the new Katamari game. Thats about the worst I've done but there have been other bad ones too.

snake911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By snake911

The Retro Duo console. I bought it a few weeks back while at a used video game store. I believe it was around $50. It's neat because it allows you to play both NES and SNES games. I'm planning to write about it soon. Stay tuned!

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

SWTOR. I didn't follow any of the development process. I hadn't seen any of the videos of gameplay and wasn't interested in it in the slightest. The only thing I knew about it was that it was apparently an expensive trainwreck for EA and that they were doomed because of it. Then I started hearing about it on the Bombcast and how much the guys hated it, so I pre-ordered it 4 days before release. Then I started playing without knowing anything about what classes there were and any of the systems.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By hatking

I randomly bought a used Gamecube a few months ago. I saw a copy of Rogue Squadron II and nostalgia kicked in. I almost did the same thing with a Dreamcast earlier this week when I saw a copy of Toy Commander and Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense.

DougCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By DougCL

i bought a dreamcast, but i dont have enough outlets in the wall or inputs in the TV to keep it hooked up. and i blew a giftcard on street fighter 4 for a party and no one knew how to play, or wanted to.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I bought Beyond Good & Evil for no reason a while ago on PSN and I haven't played it yet. Also bought the Dead Space Pack as a Steam deal for little reason, as well (although I've never played the games).

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By innacces14

SoulCalibur IV. Bought it cause I played SoulCalibur II for the GameCube and dug it, and my 360 was pretty new, so I said to myself "you know what? I need a fighting game" *looks at shelf with Halo 1-3, CoD4, Gears of War, Medal of Honor: Airborne, Perfect Dark Zero, etc.*

Bought it, played it, burned by it, played more CoD4.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By icicle7x3

Steam...all of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two Worlds - I was craving some more after having played tons and tons of Oblivion had seen a review that said it was a pretty good game if you needed more Oblivion-style-game (what a shitty review). So I saw it on the shelf, liked what it said on the back of the box, bought it and picked up the free copy of Gamereactor at Gamestop (also the only time I have bought a game from Gamestop).

On the bus home I read the Gamereactor review which pretty much said it was garbage, and that was were I regretted my impulse buy.

Another terrible impulse buy for me was Hour of Victory. After that I learned my lesson and now I never buy a game on just impulse.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#10  Edited By StarvingGamer

Dead Rising 2 during some holiday sale. I literally did a double take when I was looking through my PS3 games yesterday because I had no recollection of ever purchasing it.

iPliskin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iPliskin

@Scrumdidlyumptious Did you like the game?. For me, the most impulsive buy has to be the one for the PS2, i basically spent all my savings buying that thing along with like 10 games and accessories. Among those games: Unreal Tournament, SSX, Timesplitters, Quake III Revolution, Madden 2001, Gran Turismo 3, Onimusha, Smuggler's Run, Tekken Tag Tournament...

arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By arkasai

I got Dead Island for the PC when it came out, thinking it would obviously look and play superior to the console version. lol I haven't been more wrong about a game since. Anyone know if they fixed anything? cause judging by that recent quick look that game has only gotten worse.

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By emprpngn

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I used to work at FYE during my second year of college, and I kept hearing people talk about Fable II and how awesome it was. I'd kind of fell out of gaming around my mid-teens, and hadn't kept up with anything current. I wanted to find something similar to Fable, but since I didn't have a modern console and didn't realize that Fable was available for the PC, I found The Elder Scrolls series and went and bought both Morrowind and Oblivion the next day. I owe my return to gaming to Elder Scrolls (and having a roommate in my 3rd and 4th year of college that was really into gaming).

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Sackmanjones

After watching the Dark Souls ql I instantly went to go buy it

veiasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By veiasma

Brink.

That was a mistake.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Hosstile17

I was in Gamestop, yesterday. They had just gotten a Vita demo unit in. I picked it up and played Uncharted for a couple of minutes and walked over to the counter and pre-ordered the game and console.

I wasn't even planning on getting one.

Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Eidderf

I bought condemned for like 50p or something after watching the fear guantlet episodes on it, though to be honest I also thought it seemed like a cool game so maybe it wasn't so much of an impulse.

I got BF3 kind of on impulse after hearing my friends had got despite having no interest in it personally, I didn't really enjoy it much and it was a waste of money considering I don't have much at the moment so that's probably why I don't buy on impulse much.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By Commisar123

Hyper Dimension Neptunia.....I gotta go cry in a corner now

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By sixpin

@Icicle7x3 said:

Steam...all of it.

Yeah, Steam sales have caused me to buy way more PC games than I should. I fantasize that someday, when work doesn't exist, I'll settle down and play them all even if only for a few minutes each.

Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Moody_yeti

Most recently i bought the Borderlands goty bundle when it was on sale on PSN.

Most impulse buy's for me is when stuff on sale (yeah I'm cheap).

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By Sooty

I bought Dragon Age II thinking the repetitiveness only lasted the first 10 hours, I had no idea you then went back to the shithole and was presented with copy and pasted stuff all over again.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By matthias2437

Steam sale last summer..... Spent $450 over the sale. Bought almost every game that went up I didn't have lol

roborobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By roborobb

Need for Speed: Most Wanted for £20. Best £20 I've ever spent.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ltsmash

I bought Battlefield Bad Company 2 immediately after watching the hilarious TNT.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By InsidiousTuna

This past June I went out shopping, ended up seeing a Gamecube and a bunch of games. Spent like 150 bucks on a Gamecube and like 20 games for it.

Oh, yeah! When the slimline Xbox 360s came out, I had no intention of getting one... But then I got a nice bonus and immediately picked one up and gave my 360 to a good friend. No real need to upgrade. It was just impulse.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Red Dead Redemption. Totally worth it.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By InsidiousTuna

@LTSmash: Me too. "THAT GUY IS STANDING ON TOP OF A BURNING EXPLODING TANK!"

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#28  Edited By Kidavenger

I was browsing games at a local store when I guy came in with a neo geo home console, 2 controllers, memory card, and a game, he was trying to sell it to the clerk, the clerk went back to call his boss and I went up to the guy told him I'd buy it for $300 (system was 700 at the time, and games were like 100 each). Clerk comes back sees what happened, I get banned from the store, worth it but really dumb, I had no idea if it even worked when I bought it, luckily it did, still have it.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By scarace360

Brink,Tor,GTA4 3 different times, mario party 3.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Marcsman

Mortal Kombat

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I bought Borderlands for no reason, yet I loved it.

I did the same with Phantasy Star Online and many other games...my gamer's gut I like to call it.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#32  Edited By cornbredx

Most bargain bin or cheap or games that have been out awhile or crazy steam sale games I don't have yet that I buy are impulse buys. There isn't really a most to it haha.  
Just see it and go "oh that's cheap and looks interesting" *buy*

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By Justin258

Monday morning, my car broke down (bad spark plugs) and prevented me from traveling anywhere. So what did I do? I promptly went upstairs and bought Resident Evil 4 off of the Xbox Live Marketplace, with no prior plans to do so. Amazing game, thus far, though I've only just beaten the Los Gigantes and I hear the games' supposed to be something like 20 hours long for the average playthrough.

I did the same thing with Crysis 1 when it came out on XBL way back when, and I bought Skyrim on a whim as well after deciding that I'd spent too much money on games so far.

logicfracture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By logicfracture

Good: I bought and beat The Witcher on steam over Christmas break. It's one of my favorite games now.

Bad: When I bought Demon's Souls.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SSully

@Hosstile17 said:

I was in Gamestop, yesterday. They had just gotten a Vita demo unit in. I picked it up and played Uncharted for a couple of minutes and walked over to the counter and pre-ordered the game and console.

I wasn't even planning on getting one.

The question is do you think this was a good decision. I have seen a lot of people on twitter doing something very similar because the demo model was so damn sexy.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By handlas

...A Gamecube last week. And silly me I forgot to buy a memory card. Popped in a game and found out I couldn't save it. Duh.

Most of my game purchases these days seem to be on a whim. I'll not pay attention to a game and then see videos/reviews of it the day it comes out and go and buy it.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By confusedowl

Was wanting an open world game to mess around with for a little while I waited for Kingdoms of Amalur so picked up Crackdown for 12$. God I regret that even if it was cheap. I can't stand that game.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AiurFlux

Lost Odyssey. I picked it up at random when it launched and I still had my 360. Then people on my friends list started getting it because I was talking about how great it was when we would hop on and play CoD4 back before CoD sucked. Best fucking decision I've made impulsively for buying a game. It seems the ones that I put thought into if I should get it or not (Halo 3) always feel like shit to me. I never like them. But that one just clicked for me.

Worst are the Steam sales. Not because they're bad or they feature bad games, but I'm never going to play all of them that I buy. I swear I buy them as an obligation now instead of actual need.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#39  Edited By JasonR86

Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes for Gamecube.

...this last August.

What the fuck was I thinking?

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rattle618

I bought a permanent mount after playing 4 days of Runes of Magic cause I was sure I would use it to death. 2 days after that I uninstalled the game and I´ve not played it since.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DeShawn2ks

@Mastercheesey: Brink and you can already guess how that shit went and if I ever made another impulsive purchase after that.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#42  Edited By Turambar
@Commisar123 said:

Hyper Dimension Neptunia

This as well, but I ain't crying.  It was enjoyable enough in a really dumb way.
Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43  Edited By Seppli

This past holiday season, at some point I said to myself 'fuck it, I'll just get them all'. I pretty much preordered, bought, played, completed every big game released this holidays. Minus MW3 and the Assassin's Creed game.

Usually I don't do sequels, because why bother with doing 'more of the same'. And really Uncharted 3 and Batman and whatnot, whilst brilliant games, don't feel fresh at all anymore. Been there, done that and albeit I love doing it, I could have missed it without missing anything really.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Turambar said:

@Commisar123 said:

Hyper Dimension Neptunia

This as well, but I ain't crying. It was enjoyable enough in a really dumb way.

I'm in the same boat.

Evilv6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Evilv6

@Icicle7x3 said:

Steam...all of it.

Damn! beat me to it!

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ben_H

@Evilv6 said:

@Icicle7x3 said:

Steam...all of it.

Damn! beat me to it!

Yep. That about 150 times. The extreme majority of my 160 Steam games were impulse buys. Luckily it's only cost me around $600 in total because I only buy stuff on sale (other than Skyrim. I wasn't waiting for that).

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#47  Edited By nintendoeats

My 360 about 2 years ago. It was worth it.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#48  Edited By Tireyo

I don't know. I think I'm almost always impulsive.

krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By krazy_kyle

Splatterhouse

Worst impulsive buy ever. I generally make good decisions when buying something out of impulse but this was the lowest of the low. The gameplay isn't too bad but the loading screen/times kill this piece of s**t of a game.

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#50  Edited By Poppduder

anyfuckingthing on my Steam list