Mother F'n McAfee

Avatar image for altered_confusion
Altered_Confusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 264

User Lists: 1

Sorry have to rant for a second... for some god awful reason the work computers have McAfee installed on them and while I'm all for the virus protection, I have to say having to end the process of McAfee and all its parts over and over again so my computer will unlock and I can do work is a pain in my ass. Then again maybe I can claim that a higher power is telling me to just take the rest of the day off... but if that was the case I'd only be working for about as long as it takes me to open up Outlook, as that is what causes most of the scans.

Altered_Confusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Altered_Confusion

Sorry have to rant for a second... for some god awful reason the work computers have McAfee installed on them and while I'm all for the virus protection, I have to say having to end the process of McAfee and all its parts over and over again so my computer will unlock and I can do work is a pain in my ass. Then again maybe I can claim that a higher power is telling me to just take the rest of the day off... but if that was the case I'd only be working for about as long as it takes me to open up Outlook, as that is what causes most of the scans.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By iam3green

o good old mcafee. it is a horrible antivirus software. it's pretty much a virus in it's self.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By habster3
@iam3green said:
"o good old mcafee. it is a horrible antivirus software. it's pretty much a virus in it's self. "
It didn't screw around with me that much during the brief time I used it, though.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

Virus protection is for CHUMPS! 

(Just kidding, but I use some Trend Micro PC Cillin, it's pretty good and non-intrusive, and doesn't slow down the system like that McAfee shit does.)

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By FacelessVixen

The SiteAdvisor plug-in is a pain in the ass, but other than that it's been great for me.

I rely on it heavily while trying to obtain certain pieces of software.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By ReyGitano
@TooWalrus said:
" Virus protection is for CHUMPS!   (Just kidding, but I use some Trend Micro PC Cillin, it's pretty good and non-intrusive, and doesn't slow down the system like that McAfee shit does.) "
Trend Micro was great, then my subscription run out and now I use Avast. It's like the free version of PC Cillin.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I got a full year subscription of McAfee for free because I'm a Bank of America member. Dude, I must say... McAfee is the worst and most obnoxious virus program I ever used. It never finds ANYTHING when I perform virus scans, when other programs will catch spyware. It makes my computer laggy because of all of it's crap, and dude, I have virus scans set to ONLY run when I manually choose to run them. Still, it randomly starts virus scans itself at the worst times, and when it does it totally kills my PC, making it virtually useless until I cancel the scan. I hate McAfee. Worst of all, I can't even uninstall it on my own. I gotta freaking call to cancel the subscription. How lame is that?

Altered_Confusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Altered_Confusion
@TheGreatGuero: I feel your pain, unfortunately since its my work PC I have to deal with the parameters set by the admins, but it is so retarded that I have to deal with having to stop the process every time it wants to run because if I don't my PC is dead in the water for at least 5 minutes (bare minimum).
Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Metroid545

Mcafee acts like a virus hate that shit, nortons where i'm at

Altered_Confusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlashseveN303 said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" Virus protection is for CHUMPS!   (Just kidding, but I use some Trend Micro PC Cillin, it's pretty good and non-intrusive, and doesn't slow down the system like that McAfee shit does.) "
Trend Micro was great, then my subscription run out and now I use Avast. It's like the free version of PC Cillin. "
I too am a huge fan of Avast for my home PCs, and when I setup PCs for family members its the first thing I download and install on their systems, right after I take Norton or McAfee off their systems.