Movies you're looking forward to (2014 and beyond).

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

It's almost time for the "big movie" season. That's what they call it, right?

This doesn't happen often, but there are a decent few movies I'm personally looking forward to seeing (most are beyond 2014).

• Interstellar - Inception is one of my favourite movies ever. Can't wait to see what else Nolan comes up with.
  • Mad Max: Fury Road - Never seen the past movies and don't plan to, but the trailer is spectacular.
  • The Avengers: Age of Ultron - I'm not huge on the Marvel movies, but I try to keep track of them. You can rely on an Avengers movie to have some fun action in it.
  • Star Wars: Episode VII - I'm even less a fan of the Star Wars movies (especially the boring old ones), but this is huge. It's sort of the FF XV of this franchise. A lot is riding on it. Well, maybe that analogy is not great, because this is practically guaranteed to be in the list of top 10 grossing movies.
  • Tale of Princess Kaguya - That's a pretty bold style to go with. Looks pretty.

Also curious to see how the Exodus movie turns out. It's pretty hard to predict what a biblical adaptation will actually end up being.

What's your list?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Tetris.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Gone Girl, Interstellar, and Inherent Vice.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Interstellar.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

All the movies you mentioned and:

• Ant-Man - Disappointed that Edgar Wright left the project but hopefully it will retain some of his influence
  • Assassin's Creed - Intrigued in how this will turn out, not necessarily looking forward to it though
  • Tetris - An "Epic Live Action Sci-Fi Film" based on TETRIS! What the fuck.
nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

This year, pretty much just Interstellar (Nolan is my all-time favorite film director) and the third Hobbit film. I might be persuaded to watch Big Hero 6. Maaaaaaaaybe Exodus (though I doubt it's going to be better than Prince of Egypt. That movie was great).

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Interstellar and Star Wars Episode VII.

I don't really keep tab about upcoming movies. I watch whatever i happen to hear about one way or another from friends or forum duders and whatnot.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Oddly enough, my list is exactly the same as the OP though I would also add Jupiter Ascending as well. The trailer looked preeeeeeeeetty fucking cool.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Well, for me it's Big Hero 6, Intersteller, Gone Girl, Harmontown, Star Wars 7, Avengers AOU, Horns, Tusk, Birdman and As above So below.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gone Girl, Annabelle, Fury, and Interstellar. Those are the ones I'm most looking forward to this fall.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Interstellar.

Apparently Ridley Scott is directing an adaptation of The Martian. I am currently reading it and think it is really great, so I am at least curious about that. Also, Gus Van Sant is doing a film with McConaughey and Ken Watanabe about that weird "suicide forest" in Japan called Sea of Trees, so I am interested to see what comes of that as well as I think the subject matter is fascinating.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Brackstone

The Homesman, Birdman, Mad Max: Fury Road, Crimson Peak and Child 44 (my god that movie has an amazing cast) are the only movies really catching my eye on the horizon. Something about Interstellar just isn't doing it for me, I don't really know why, and I like most Christopher Nolan films quite a bit.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#15 liquiddragon  Online
  • Inherent Vice
  • Birdman
  • Intersteller
  • Tale of Princess Kaguya
Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#16  Edited By Kidavenger

World of Warcraft

Prometheus 2

The new Star Wars movies

big spectacle movies that could be complete garbage are pretty exciting

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By Chocobodude3

Interstellar, Star Wars Episode 7, Avengers Age of Ultron, Jurassic World, Batman Vs Superman, and Gone Girl.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars Episode VII, Big Hero 6, The Avengers 2, Interstellar, Birdman, Gone Girl, Tusk, The Imitation Game and Jurassic World spring to mind. Pretty excited about all these young and interesting directors being given the keys to massive names and chequebooks.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interstellar. Yep.

It's kind of pointless to look forward more than a handful of months, there's plenty of much better movies than whatever's going to come out that you probably haven't seen, watch those.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ca104190dca
deactivated-58ca104190dca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Intersteller, The Imitation Game, The last Hobbit movie.

Too young to appreciate older movies?

@aegon said:
  • "Mad Max: Fury Road - Never seen the past movies and don't plan to, but the trailer is spectacular."
  • "Star Wars: Episode VII - I'm even less a fan of the Star Wars movies (especially the boring old ones), "
Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hone_mcbone: Nah, I enjoyed Good Bad and Ugly quite a bit (first older movie that comes to mind). The first batch of Star Wars films just seem too long, dull and cheesy for my tastes.

Also what counts as an "older" movie nowadays? 70s? 80s?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus said:

Interstellar and Star Wars Episode VII.

I don't really keep tab about upcoming movies. I watch whatever i happen to hear about one way or another from friends or forum duders and whatnot.

I think I used to wait for some movies in the past, but nowadays this can be applied to me as well. I think "The World's End" was the last movie I was kind of excited to see. But that just might be because tv-series these days are plenty enough to keep me entertained and thanks to services like Netflix, there's something new for you to watch almost every day.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By militantfreudian

The movies I'm looking forward to the most are: Inherent Vice, Winter Sleep (winner of the Palme d'Or), and Two Days, One Night. Foxcatcher seems to be promising as well.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

As a lover of the 1991 classic, Point Break, I am at least curious to see how the remake turns out.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Inherent Vice

Avatar image for deactivated-58ca104190dca
deactivated-58ca104190dca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon: I guess older is relative. Both the original Star Wars & Mad Max were made in the late 70s & I'd consider them older movies especially in relation to movies coming out. The original star wars trilogy is pretty corny but the Empire Strikes Back still holds up as a classic without the additional scenes. It's been years since I've seen it but Mad Max 2 the Road warrior was worth a watch.