Moving to Canada advice

helenelliott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi dudes, I'll be visiting Montreal next month, then early next year I will book a trip to another city, I'd love suggestions on that! I'm also in Canada to investigate options to totally emigrate out of the UK one day. I'll be there to look at house prices and jobs available and I would love advice on that from happy dudes all across Canada. I've worked as a support worker in a homeless shelter for nearly 10 years and I picked up some experience on factors surrounding it like drug/alcohol abuse and mental health but I feel I would like to switch, and I'm not too picky what I'd do. I'm looking for some fun, a fun place to live and work that's cheap. Thanks dudes!

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely check out Newfoundland and Nova Scotia, it might remind you of home. I'd suggest going to these on the trip. cause while rent / housing is generally cheaper on this side of the country, finding work can be more of an issue.

jppt1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are a lot of people that say Eh there as it is their thing in Canada. Hope you have a blast!

TacticalKarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Howdy, can you tell me where are you from?

dercomrade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cost of living wise, yeah, east coast is the place to be. And if you wanna work in your field, there's definitely work to be had.

But given that i'm sure you wouldn't be surprised to learn that the Maritimes isn't the strongest economic area of Canada, and opportunities are more limited than other parts of the country.

That said, it's pretty nice out here and for four solid months a year the weather isn't too bad. All told we're a pretty laid back folk, we let the rest of the country argue amongst themselves while they forget we exist!

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Vancouver, is pricey, but it's weather is milder than anywhere else in Canada. Cool summers and warm winters. Provided you don't mind a bit of rain. We get just enough snow that it feels special, not a nuisance. If you want snow, the mountains aren't far away. Or if you want something more affordable in BC, Victoria or Kelowna are options.

We certainly have our share of homeless and drug issues in Vancouver. I'm no expert, but I understand we are quite progressive. I'm not sure how common safe injections sites for addicts are globally, but that's something we do here.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@jppt1974: Don’t forget again, about, and advertisement.

Advertisement:Canada::Aluminum:England