My Dream

This topic is locked from further discussion.

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By snakeitachi

Hey everyone I am a 15 year old kid from Canada I have a huge passion for gaming,my dream is to become apart of the gaming industry. Im looking to study journalism since i love to write about games and i am strong in reviewing this is my youtube channel i would love feedback and advice so i can beacome better, if you enjoy my reviews please let me know on here and subscribing would help.

http://www.youtube.com/user/superlosia1234?feature=mhee

My latest review - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aAD0VINriE&list=UU03k-Z90deNvjVBM8sZpuGQ&index=1&feature=plcp

jellyelbows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jellyelbows

Good luck with it- if you are this passionate at 15, you've got a very good head start- most people have no clue what they want to do at 15! (some never do).

You seem very confident and charismatic- I'd enjoy listening to your reviews! I'd say focus on your written skills (within games journalism) now, as that's probably more likely to get you a job :)

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By tekmojo
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude

You need to work on your grammar. Your writing in general seems to be lacking. I'm not really in the mood to watch youtube at this time.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Christoffer

You will have no problem getting into the game reporting (yes, I'm reluctant calling it "journalism") business. You have great enthusiasm and energy. But despite having a good sense of the video media, I still think you need to learn to composite well written material. That's what the big magazines and sites are looking for, right?

And on that topic, I'm kind of old schools myself. You should always be able to convey your argument through text, It's still the most thoughtful and considerate kind of massmedium since you have all the time you want to think about what you're saying. Keep on writing.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mrsignerman44

Man, I feel like I'm talking to myself at 15. Never lose that aspiration and please continue writing. I used to write and produce reviews but I kind of got tired of it and diverged into writing scripts, so I kind of lost the drive to write about games. Anyway, keep doing what you're doing! As a former reviewer, i'd like to share some tips with you.

• Definitely make your videos shorter. You could easily review the game within 10-15 minutes.
  • Learn video editing. Video editing makes your videos stand out more, I used to include gameplay clips and I talked over them so that the audience could watch that while I talked.
  • Don't get lazy. If you do then you'll lose interest in reviewing.
  • Improve your grammar. If you want to write reviews then you have to learn how to write better.
  • Most importantly, have fun! You're definitely charismatic and fun to listen to so if you improve the visual aspect of your videos then you'll be a recognized reviewer in no time!