My dumb blog thing: 12/6/12

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Edited By musubi

So its been a weird few days for me. Some things good and others bad. I had a moment the other day though where I was really wanting something positive to put my energy into. So I decided that I was going to write something every day no matter what it was. I want to try to get better at it and well... the only way to do that is to just fucking do it. So I might review a game or talk about a movie or whatever is on my mind at the time. I'm going to try to steer away from personal stuff mostly for everyone else's sake because I don't want this to turn into fucking LiveJournal or something. So that is that i guess. If you want to hear me ramble on about things well here is the place to do it. For right now I'm just going to use Giantbomb as my home for this stuff. So if for whatever reason you want to read this stuff then here is the place to do it. Not doing this for an audience though mostly doing this for myself to just help try to improve my writing skills by doing something every day no matter how small some days it may be.

Which brings me to my first subject today. Wrasslin. In particular I want to talk about how damn amazing the last year has been. Last year CM Punk sat Indian style on the entrance ramp mic in hand and gave a promo that sparked a number of things happening. Now there are a lot of people who I know are of the opinion that WWE squandered the momentum coming off of that promo. While the Kevin Nash/Triple H angle was extremely dumb and went absolutely nowhere the thing they did do right was put the WWE title back on punk at Survivor Series. Its day 381 and CM Punk is still WWE champion. He is the longest reigning champion of the past 25 years. He has beaten Hulk Hogan , John Cena hell even one of the men he idolizes himself Randy "Macho Man" Savage. We have been afforded some fantastic matches because of it. Who ever thought that CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan for the WWE title would be a thing? Nobody. Both of these guys are not the typical bodybuilder macho guy archetype that Vince and the WWE likes. Oh and we also got the return of Chris Jericho which was absolutely amazing. Chris in my opinion is one of the best ever. Wrestling fan or not I really suggest everyone check out his books that he wrote. Sadly Chris left to do his music thing with Fozzy which he seems genuinely into and while Id rather see him in a wrestling ring I can't blame the guy for seeding other career paths for himself. I think my favorite match of the year was the one between Chris and Dolph Ziggler on Monday Night Raw.

Which brings me to the last thing I'm going to drone on about today. Dolph Ziggler is the BEST up an coming star in the WWE and I really hope that he gets his time to shine as World Heavyweight or WWE Champion. The guy deserves every bit of it. He is like Mr. Perfect and Shawn Michaels rolled into one. He can make any guy in the ring look like a million bucks and he can also look like a million bucks working a guy over. I really hope at the upcoming PPV that he doesn't lose to John Cena and lose his MITB contract. That would be a huge shame. If Dolph actually held on to the case and cashed in a Wrestlemania I'd pull a Jerry Lawler and have a heart attack. Okay I lied...one more quick note. I think people give Triple H too much shit HE is the reason that Ambrose , Rollins and Reigns are on TV right now. He is better at finding and pushing young talent then I think many people give him credit for. THAT is the exciting part here going into 2013 we have all of these young guys like Ambrose and Maddox that are the stars of tomorrow. I'll be excited and slightly horrified to see what happens at TLC in two weeks. If you've read this far I wish I could give you some sort of cookie or something. Anyways, I'm done for today I'll be back tomorrow with erm...something. I think I might talk about the new Star Trek trailer and possibly Dead Island. So if you care to hear about that same place same channel tomorrow.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

So its been a weird few days for me. Some things good and others bad. I had a moment the other day though where I was really wanting something positive to put my energy into. So I decided that I was going to write something every day no matter what it was. I want to try to get better at it and well... the only way to do that is to just fucking do it. So I might review a game or talk about a movie or whatever is on my mind at the time. I'm going to try to steer away from personal stuff mostly for everyone else's sake because I don't want this to turn into fucking LiveJournal or something. So that is that i guess. If you want to hear me ramble on about things well here is the place to do it. For right now I'm just going to use Giantbomb as my home for this stuff. So if for whatever reason you want to read this stuff then here is the place to do it. Not doing this for an audience though mostly doing this for myself to just help try to improve my writing skills by doing something every day no matter how small some days it may be.

Which brings me to my first subject today. Wrasslin. In particular I want to talk about how damn amazing the last year has been. Last year CM Punk sat Indian style on the entrance ramp mic in hand and gave a promo that sparked a number of things happening. Now there are a lot of people who I know are of the opinion that WWE squandered the momentum coming off of that promo. While the Kevin Nash/Triple H angle was extremely dumb and went absolutely nowhere the thing they did do right was put the WWE title back on punk at Survivor Series. Its day 381 and CM Punk is still WWE champion. He is the longest reigning champion of the past 25 years. He has beaten Hulk Hogan , John Cena hell even one of the men he idolizes himself Randy "Macho Man" Savage. We have been afforded some fantastic matches because of it. Who ever thought that CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan for the WWE title would be a thing? Nobody. Both of these guys are not the typical bodybuilder macho guy archetype that Vince and the WWE likes. Oh and we also got the return of Chris Jericho which was absolutely amazing. Chris in my opinion is one of the best ever. Wrestling fan or not I really suggest everyone check out his books that he wrote. Sadly Chris left to do his music thing with Fozzy which he seems genuinely into and while Id rather see him in a wrestling ring I can't blame the guy for seeding other career paths for himself. I think my favorite match of the year was the one between Chris and Dolph Ziggler on Monday Night Raw.

Which brings me to the last thing I'm going to drone on about today. Dolph Ziggler is the BEST up an coming star in the WWE and I really hope that he gets his time to shine as World Heavyweight or WWE Champion. The guy deserves every bit of it. He is like Mr. Perfect and Shawn Michaels rolled into one. He can make any guy in the ring look like a million bucks and he can also look like a million bucks working a guy over. I really hope at the upcoming PPV that he doesn't lose to John Cena and lose his MITB contract. That would be a huge shame. If Dolph actually held on to the case and cashed in a Wrestlemania I'd pull a Jerry Lawler and have a heart attack. Okay I lied...one more quick note. I think people give Triple H too much shit HE is the reason that Ambrose , Rollins and Reigns are on TV right now. He is better at finding and pushing young talent then I think many people give him credit for. THAT is the exciting part here going into 2013 we have all of these young guys like Ambrose and Maddox that are the stars of tomorrow. I'll be excited and slightly horrified to see what happens at TLC in two weeks. If you've read this far I wish I could give you some sort of cookie or something. Anyways, I'm done for today I'll be back tomorrow with erm...something. I think I might talk about the new Star Trek trailer and possibly Dead Island. So if you care to hear about that same place same channel tomorrow.