My Ipod keeps breaking head phones!

lovecreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By lovecreep

So i have an ipod one of those classic ones. well in the last month it has broken 3 pairs of head phones and i can't figure out why. what i mean by breaking is the sound only comes out of one of the speakers. I will admit that i am not useing the Ipod brand headphones  the ones i use are made by phillips. i did use the ones that came with the ipod and they lasted about two months what should i do?

Zao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zao

The quality of the ipod headphones have really dropped because there built with  obsolescents   in mind so pepople buy a new pair ever 2 months. I rember the ones I had with my ipod photo lasting 3 years!!! best bet is to look for high quality but thats pricey I tend just to use sony ones which last very well I find.
diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By diz

I suggest:
1) Stop yanking the cables.

2) Buy some industrial-strength headphones.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By meteora
@diz said:
" I suggest: 1) Stop yanking the cables.  2) Buy some industrial-strength headphones. "
What this man said. There's a reason why all sorts of plugs have this thicker end on the connector. You grab on it and then pull it so it doesn't do any damage to t he wires over time.
unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By unclejohnny79

mine sorta does that as well, also my screen doesnt work so i have to use the spoken menus lol

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Tireyo

UUUUuuuuhhhhh, Try ear nubs?

JohnnyAutoFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JohnnyAutoFire

Unplug your earbuds from your iPod before you put them back in your pocket when your done listening.  When you leave them plugged in they get thrown all around in your pocket and after some time it can break the connection.

lovecreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lovecreep

@super_mario_john:
 when i walk  to work i often have my ipod in my pocket while it's playing music.  should i stop doing that? and if so how would you suggest i carry it.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By dichemstys

I found these really high quality headphones for $15 once at WalMart. They were made by Koss, I think? They sounded great and were heavy duty but my little sister broke them. I can't seem to find them anywhere though. I hope I can soon.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By dichemstys
@lovecreep: Just having your iPod in your pocket shouldn't cause a problem.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Karmum

What kind of headphones are you using? Cheap ones? Expensive ones? I figure that it's not the latter, considering that would eat up your wallet quickly.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Capum15

I've learned to not wrap my earphones around my Zune when I carry it, and unplug them (I just coil them up semi-loosely in a circle and they last a lot longer this way). 

When I used to wrap them around the Zune (and have them plugged in) they'd eventually cut out near the connector (I'd have to move the connector around to get proper sound, and eventual they'd just die).

I had really good ones, with amazing Bass (and I can't seem to find them anymore)...they lasted about a year before a friends dog got to them. Lasted a bit longer before finally dying.

mr_korean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mr_korean

Don't leave your headphones plugged in when it's in your pocket. Best tip I ever got

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By Bruce
@mr_korean:  

YES!!! 

I can't tell you how many pairs of expensive Skull Candies (I love the sound, sowee) I've ruined by doing that.
zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

It's the headphones, not the iPod. You need to buy more heavy duty ones, as aforementioned by others. Or buy Sony, they make some good stuff. (Seriously, I'm not kidding. Somehow my Sony headphones have lasted over a year, which I think is pretty astonishing for something I bought for $12.)