Posted by BlackRedGaming (273 posts) -

Hello everybody and welcome back to my 11th list of my top anticipated games of the month. I apologize for being late on this entry, as for I had to graduate high school or something. But enough about that, let's talk about upcoming video games, shall we? But before that, let's lay some ground rules.

The game has to be released on at least one of the major systems (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch). The game has to be new, so no remasters or re-releases onto new systems. One thing I do count is a game either entering or exiting early access, but that game can only be counted once. If a game does have multiple release dates like Destiny 2 or GTA 5, then I will only count the earliest release date. Finally, it has to be a game, not a DLC. With the rules out of the way, let's look at my top picks for June.

5. Mario Tennis Aces

No Caption Provided

Mario Tennis Aces is a tennis game for Switch. Usually, I would give a brief elevator pitch on the story, but I don't believe their is one other than you play tennis. But just because their is no story doesn't mean the game isn't any good, and this game looks great. Whether it be the wealth of content, myriad of moves and abilities, or beautiful visuals, Mario Tennis Aces has got me excited. I don't play a whole lot of sports, much less Mario sports games, so I think this game will be a good jumping point for me to get into them. I also haven't played a tennis game since Wii Sports, so I do look forward to a new tennis game my Nintendo. Mario Tennis Aces will be releasing on the Switch on the 22nd.

4. Onrush

No Caption Provided

Onrush is an upcoming racing by Codemasters that just like Mario Tennis Aces, doesn't really have a story. Also like, Aces Tennis, Onrush is very arcade-y and houses some beautiful visuals. But Onrush isn't a tennis game, it's a racing game. The biggest thing that interests me about Onrush is how it reminds me of Motorstorm, but other aspects of the game interest me as well. The gameplay looks great, I like how crashing is just as important as racing, the different gameplay modes look interesting, and more. It seems like a lot of racing games now are all about open world (such as an upcoming game on my list), so to have a game like this is refreshing. Onrush releases onto PC, Xbox One, and PS4 on the 5th.

3. Budget Cuts

No Caption Provided

Budget Cuts is an upcoming VR game where you play as an office worker trapped in an office full of dangerous robots, and the only thing protecting you are throwing objects. I don't have a lot of VR games on my list, so having one on here means this game is quite something to me. And this game is, as for the goofy office vibe, fun stealth gameplay, and cool throwing and teleportation mechanics makes this game look great. VR hasn't been big because their hasn't been a big game, but hopefully this game can pave the way for bigger releases that can show the true potential of VR. Budget Cuts releases for Vive and Rift on the 20th.

2. The Crew 2

No Caption Provided

The Crew 2 is an upcoming racing game by Ivory Tower that tasks you as a person trying to become successful in racing, but across multiple vehicle types. I haven't played the first Crew, so I can't tell you about the improvements over the first game or anything like that, but I can say this game looks neat. The map sounds like it has been overhauled from the first, including other vehicles types like planes and boats are neat and having them seamlessly transition is also cool, and the game seems to be filled to the brim with content. I have a big love for NFS: Most Wanted (2012), and I hope this game can fulfill that love as well. The Crew 2 will release on the 29th for PC, Xbox One, and PS4.

1. Vampyr

No Caption Provided

Vampyr is an upcoming 3rd person action-RPG by Dontnod that tasks you as a doctor in the early 1900s that has to balance the difficult task of saving patients from a ravage flu while feeding on them to keep you alive. Did I mention you are a vampire? There are many things that peak my interest in this game. I love the Victorian setting, that tough choice on who to feed on mixed with you trying to save them from a sickness is an interesting dynamic that can make each life you take meaningful, and the various abilities you get as a vampire (or vampyr) look like a lot of fun to use, and more. Even though by the time this entry is done the reviews will be coming out, I am still excited to try this game no matter what reviews it gets when the game releases on the 5th for PC, Xbox One, and PS4.

Well, that about sums up my list. Sorry again for being late on it, but as of recently I have been incredibly busy with graduation and moving. Because of that, I will probably have to take a break on the blogs until my life begins to settle down. I really don't want to because I really enjoy writing, but I just can't seem to find the time as of now. When I begin writing again, I don't know; but hopefully it won't be too long. Thank you all for tuning into this month's edition of my top anticipated releases, and tune into next month's list (which hopefully will exist) as we celebrate one year's worth of these list in July.