Need help finding a HDTV

coonana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By coonana

I was wondering if you could help me with some details.

Like for a 42 inch LCD 1080p what is a good viewing angle? a good contrast ratio and the difference between dynamic and other? Are Plasmas better for gaming and do they have short life spans? what a good refresh rate is for PS3, 360, Wii use, like is 120HZ that much more important than 60HZ?

And do these tvs fit that?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Philips+-+42%22+Class+/+1080p+/+120Hz+/+LCD+HDTV/9578664.p?id=1218129863461&skuId=9578664

and

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889104133&cm_re=42_inch_LCD_1080p-_-89-104-133-_-Product

or do you know any better ones?

Thank you.    
coonana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By coonana

anyone?

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hot_Karl

I bought myself a Toshiba 32" 1080p LCD screen from Amazon a while back and It's super nice quality. I know you're looking for something bigger, so maybe you can check out the other sizes they have.

Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#4  Edited By Valkyr

The Sharp Aquos LED are very cheap and amazing, they even look better or the same as the new Bravia or Samsung LED hdtvs which are more expensive in comparison, the only thing that may bother you is that the Aquos is not as thin as the others, but that's because it uses a matrix of leds instead of just using a frame, but that's a good thing because you have the same quality in every part of the screen. Read some reviews

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JokerSmilez

I have a Sharp Aquos 46" LCD TV that I got just after Christmas and I love it (I actually got it from Best Buy here in Canada, despite the Amazon link).

Check out the High Def Forums, they're super knowledgeable and informative. I spent a lot of time there both times I've gotten a new TV.

In general though, Plasmas don't experience lag like LCDs do (most have 2-8ms of lag - 120hz LCDs are better at reducing lag), but they are more prone to "burn-in" and their lamps die out faster. LCDs are generally better for long gaming sessions, Plasmas are fine if you hardly ever play for longer than an hour or 2 at a time.

I can't find the link right now because I'm work but I'll try and remember to post it later, but a guy on the High Def Forum tested a few screens to find an LCD TV with the least amount of lag. The one I bought, I bought because it had fewer than 1 frame of lag, which is DAMN good.

coonana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By coonana

anyone know a good viewing angle for a 40 inch
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers