harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By harinosho

Hi GB

Been checking around the net, cant seem to get a proper answer to this, hopefully you guys can help.

I have a GTX 560 tii my machine, pretty low end these days i think, the problem is at times when playing a game, the frame rates will go from 60+ to 20+ , no errors shows up and I cannot pick up anything running in the background, the only way to fix it is to restart the machine. Not really sure whats going on, if anyone can give some help with this, it would be much appreciated.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By haffy

What games are you playing, and what makes you think it's your graphics card? I guess the first thing you can do is check if your graphics card is overheating.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SamStrife

Sounds like it could be an overheating issue to me. Have you cleaned the inside of your PC out lately?

Saying that it could also be a power draw issue or even a virus. Have you preformed a virus scan? How old is your PC and who made it?

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By nintendoeats

It probably isn't this, but does turning off Vsync help?

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SamStrife

@nintendoeats said:

It probably isn't this, but does turning off Vsync help?

Could be this. If his graphics card is overtaxing itself because Vsync is off, it could easily overheat.

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By harinosho

busy playing torchlight , last time i cleans my machine was.. a pretty long itme ago actually. I'll check it out. Also, vsynce of no, it still happens. thanks for assist.