Need some IT PC to TV help!

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am at my wits end! Not sure if this is even possible anymore without some additional hardware.

I want to mirror what i have on my pc to my TV without splitting the hdmi signal via my hdmi splitter. I have my smart tv connected to the same network at my pc. i can stream videos (up to 4k) however i cannot for the unholy life of me find a way to mirror my pc onto my tv.

Can someone help direct me what to do or what site i can use.

Just to possibly add a wrinkle my samsung smart tv does not seem to have the mirroring feature uhd-mu7000

https://www.samsung.com/za/tvs/uhd-mu7000/UA43MU7000KXXA/

thatbendorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By thatbendorf

@harinosho I am by no means an expert here, and I may be completely misunderstanding what you are attempting to do, but couldn't you just hook up your TV to your PC as a second monitor? You could then go into the display settings on your PC and set it to "duplicate displays".

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@harinosho: If you're close enough to your PC, you could just run another HDMI cable from the back of your GPU to your TV (If you have a video card with HDMI out. Some cards may have display port or mini display port as well, and that can go through an adapter to HDMI). Then, once physically connected, you can go into your graphic settings and duplicate the display.

If your PC is in another room, or too far from the TV and you're trying to send the video over your network, you're going to need hardware to do that. Steamlinks always seem to be on sale for a few bucks, but you'll probably want to make sure it's hard wired for best performance.

https://lifehacker.com/use-steam-to-stream-your-desktop-instead-of-your-games-1818722875

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatbendorf@zelyre (Well.. okay guess i gotta get a steam link. Not sure if i can get it in my country at a sale price, but black friday is coming up. might as well wait and see. Thanks people!

Surprised that mirroring your pc to TV over a local network (LAN and WIFI/WAN) hasn't been tackled. I have done the HDMI thing, but I wanted to have less cables laying around the apartment.