• 60 results
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RandomHero666

Hi folks, I've been trying for about a year now to gain weight, i've always been pretty skinny but it's starting to annoy me.
I need tips on how to gain weight quickly, and maintain it. Specific Foods, exercise etc. 
To put things into perspective, I'm 6'5 and weigh just under 11st, around 150lbs, and I hate being that "Tall skinny guy" 
I think I have a high metabolism or something, Can anyone advise a way to slow my Metabolic Rate down without fasting?

I know this isn't a good place to ask this, I tried googling but didn't get much help as not many people want to gain fat

Thanks In Advance: RH

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By gingertastic_10

Wait you wanna gain weight cause you're too skinny?? This pisses me off! You don't wanna be fat, trust me.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By artofwar420

If go to a gym talk to a trainer.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RandomHero666
@gingertastic_10:  True I don't want to be fat, being underweight is just as bad as being overweight, i just want to gain a few stone.
sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By sagesebas
@RandomHero666: eat a few peanut butter and nutella sandwiches
Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Semition

Eat more calories and weight train?

I know that  sumo wrestlers gain weight by eaiting a lot of fatty foods along with drinking beer and then imediately taking a nap afterwards to make sure the fat stays on.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By toowalrus

Sit in a lazy boy, play WoW, drink Mountian Dew. That's my secret.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8  Edited By gingertastic_10
@RandomHero666: I was thinking you wanted to be very over weight, gotcha now. Eat a lot of greasy food, and snack late at night.
Avatar image for christiancastillo
ChristianCastillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ChristianCastillo

Eat a lot of these, should help you gain those extra pounds 

No Caption Provided
SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By SumDeus

.....you disgust me.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Turambar

Well, working out and gaining muscle mass helps up your weight.  If you don't mind it just being fat, do what I did and just eat junk food before going to bed.  (I finally broke 130 lbs for the first time in my life last month! :D)

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By one_2nd
@SumDeus said:
" .....you disgust me. "
EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EliasT
@gingertastic_10 said:
" Wait you wanna gain weight cause you're too skinny?? This pisses me off! You don't wanna be fat, trust me. "
This, you have to be fucking insane OP.
Smokay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Smokay

Hello sir,I would like to present to you the deep fried chocolate chip cookie burger.

YUM
 YUM

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kmdrkul

A couple of Double Down sandwiches from KFC washed down with the biggest cup of soda money buys should do the trick.  Of course you do this every day, multiple times a day.

Also, minimize exerci- nah, fuck it, just don't exercise at all.  

If you are skinny and you cannot gain weight either the healthy way (muscle mass) or the unhealthy way (see above) it's simple: weight until you're in your thirties, the age where metabolism usually starts slowing down significantly for most people.

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Linkin10362

Fast Food, it is both tasty and gives you that weight boost, although I also have a high metabolism and don't really get that weight boost, but it's enough to suffice.

@kmdrkul

said:

" A couple of Double Down sandwiches from KFC

Or these, 4 Double Down=You will feel like you are about to die.
(It was a bet, which I won and felt really bad afterwards for)
Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RandomHero666:  
Well, none of the responses are helpful thus far.  As someone who has lost weight from being fat, and gained weight from being too skinny, and am now currently in great shape, I'll give you my best advice. 

Lifting weights will help you gain muscle mass, this is the number one thing probably.  All the people posting Twinkies and eat junk and shit, I get you're joking, but those are just tips on how to be fat or unhealthy.  Lift weights, you will gain weight faster, and it will be good weight.  It will fill out your figure, not make you look fat.  You will look of a muscular build rather than tall skinny guy or fat guy.  As for advice about a personal training regimen, I would recommend talking to a personal trainer and having them compile a list for you.  I could probably give you a few work out tips if you wanted, because I've certainly done enough working out in my time, but I'm not an expert, by any means. 

So far as diet/eating habits are concerned, you should eat a lot, but always healthy stuff.  Eat at least three meals a day, with snacks of fruit in between meals if you get hungry.  Make sure you eat plenty of protein, especially if you start working out seriously.  I would recommend buying protein shake powder and drinking that after a workout, it's not terribly expensive and is certainly worth it. 

Fish is probably the best way to get your protein intake, as it is basically as good as it gets for meat. 

You have great potential, and could become known as a big, intimidating, muscular dude instead of an awkward looking (sorry, that's how tall lean people look to me) beanpole-type dude.  I would fucking kill to be 6'5, that's awesome.  (I'm 6'1). 
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tunaburn

i am 5 foot 6 and weight 112 pounds. im as skinny as possible pretty much. i own an MMA training school and do boxing and jiu jitsu daily. i eat a ton and work out really hard. i have gotten bigger and much stronger over the last months but have not gained a pound. it can be really hard if your metabolism is just to fast. wait ti you age. it will slow down and youll gain. other than that its basically about gaining muscle. get lots of protein. (chicken, milk, fish) and either do resistance training like me or lift weights if you want to be bulkier.

TehFedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TehFedro

Eat this. 

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for forgot2register
forgot2register

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By forgot2register
@SumDeus said:
" .....you disgust me. "
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BraveToaster

Buy a muscle and fitness magazine. And find a gym trainer

NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By NickLott

Do it the Rocky way with RAW EGGS (it was good for the kids in the 1950s!): 

skip to 1:30 

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RandomHero666
@InfamousBIG:  Thanks man, we dont have them twinkies over here anyway, and I like to think I eat pretty healthily, Milk, Pasta etc.
I'll try a bit of exercise, I live right next to a Gym anyway so I can get Protein shakes and more advice.
And I Fish most weekends so fresh Salmon is always available, Right now it's 5:30am so i'll get probably get started soon lol
 6'1 is still pretty tall, and you probably don't stick out in a crowd that much =]

@tunaburn: I'm 21, drink about 2 litres of whole milk a day, along with a massive bowl of pasta and lots of snacks, but usually end up being a few pounds lighter by the end of the day.. makes no sense =/

Thanks for the advise guys, I'll be checking here again in a few hours but I've gotten enough to keep me busy for a while.
Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Zajtalan

run, do situps, pushups, lift weights, drink muscle milk, eat alot of steaks and eggs

infamous021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By infamous021
@RandomHero666: I'm kind've in the same situation dude. I've started working out (every other day) for a bit at the beginning of summer. I've eaten about 30 protein bars and 20 protein shakes in the last couple of months, I ALWAYS drink milk (atleast 3 glasses a day)-if not that, then water, and I eat lots of peanut butter and nutella sandwiches (kinda funny how someone already mentioned that, they were probably joking though lool) and I have not gained a single pound. I'm not skinny persee, since I've build up some muscle, but I feel like its almost impossible for me to gain a decent amount of weight. Ugh. 

I'm in no real hurry to do it though. I'd rather be light weight than heavy weight, but it feels weird to be light and still look somewhat muscular. I definitely have quite the metabolism. I think I'm gonna start having snacks with me while I do activities like gaming and see if that helps, although its kinda tough to eat stuff in the middle of a match in SC2 =|

Oh and I'm gonna do something similar to an endurance run of the rocky movies soon too. Alittle confidence boost never hurts ;)
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Get some protein mix for some shakes, and visit a gym.

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By gamb1t

EGGS, MILK, CHEESE, MAYO, PEANUT BUTTER, PASTA AND MORE PASTA. protein shakes also (if your tryen to bulk up while worken out).

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By gamb1t
@gamb1t said:
" EGGS, MILK, CHEESE, MAYO, PEANUT BUTTER, PASTA AND MORE PASTA. protein shakes also (if your tryen to bulk up while worken out). "
also you have to force feed yourself 3000+ calories a day. its a alpha thing.
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By ZombiePie

I also have a problem with looking freakishly skinny in that I have a caved in chest, but there's nothing I can really do about it.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By face15
@sagesebas said:
"eat a few peanut butter and nutella sandwiches "
dude, yes!
Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#31  Edited By Vinny_Says

increase your calorie intake?

Avatar image for inhumanachievement
InhumanAchievement

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One word. Carbohydrates.

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gunslingerNZ
@RandomHero666: Go to the gym at least 3 times a week and eat a lot of carbs during the day and protein after a workout. What you should really do though is get a plan from a trainer and maybe go to a dietitian for some dietary advice if you think you've got a problem there.
dudeglove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By dudeglove
@RandomHero666 said:
" Hi folks, I've been trying for about a year now to gain weight, i've always been pretty skinny but it's starting to annoy me. I need tips on how to gain weight quickly, and maintain it. Specific Foods, exercise etc.  To put things into perspective, I'm 6'5 and weigh just under 11st, around 150lbs, and I hate being that "Tall skinny guy"  I think I have a high metabolism or something, Can anyone advise a way to slow my Metabolic Rate down without fasting?   I know this isn't a good place to ask this, I tried googling but didn't get much help as not many people want to gain fat    Thanks In Advance: RH "
6' 5" and around 150? Sheesh, that is pretty skinny.

I've met folk in a similar position. They'd go to the gym a lot just to have muscles and look as though they have a bit of meat on them, but as soon as they stopped working out and not taking that protein shit anymore, they lost it pretty quickly.

I suggest going to a doctor, rather than a trainer. Intentionally gaining weight can be just as dangerous as going on a crash diet.
foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By foggel

How many kcals do you stuff yourself with each day? If you want to gain weight, try 2500kcals every day. And work out, so that extra weight is muscles. Ofcourse, then you have to eat real food, and not beer and chips. Also protein shakes won't cut it, because you won't get some of the essential minerals and other amino acids that you need. 

If you're thinking this sounds hard, it's not. Just eat fish, chicken or meat for dinner with potatoes or rice on the side. Preferably some vegetables. Eat 5 meals a day. 3 "big" ones, and 2 small inbetween. By small I mean like a yoghurt, or a slice of bread. Fruit is also great for these.

You can start working out not more than twice a week. I personally have a 2 split program that I use.
I warm up by jogging for 5 mins.
A:
Squats
Bench press
Shoulder press (dumbbell)
French press (dumbbell)
Stomache

48h break.

B:
Deadlift
Seated rowing
Pulldown
Biceps curl
Stomache

I should jogg more, but I don't like it :P

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TehFedro said:
" Eat this. 

No Caption Provided
"
mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By mrfizzy

you lucky fucker. that is all i have to say to you. 

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Rockdalf

Same boat bro.  All I can say from experience is work out and your appetite will follow.  When I was in boot, I was scarfing down more in a meal then I would eat all day just a few months before.  Also, for easy protein, go for Tuna and peanut butter, but you'll get burnt out on it eventually.  Don't really know what else to tell you.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By TheHT
@TehFedro said:
" Eat this. 

No Caption Provided
"
OH GOD WHY.
TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TwoLines
@RandomHero666 said:
" Hi folks, I've been trying for about a year now to gain weight, i've always been pretty skinny but it's starting to annoy me. I need tips on how to gain weight quickly, and maintain it. Specific Foods, exercise etc.  To put things into perspective, I'm 6'5 and weigh just under 11st, around 150lbs, and I hate being that "Tall skinny guy"  I think I have a high metabolism or something, Can anyone advise a way to slow my Metabolic Rate down without fasting?   I know this isn't a good place to ask this, I tried googling but didn't get much help as not many people want to gain fat    Thanks In Advance: RH "
I have the same friggin' problem.
It just doesn't bother me as much.
Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Alphiehyr

E.P.I.C F.A.I.L

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By ch3burashka

Weight training. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you'll get progressively more leaner and still gain weight.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By teh_destroyer

I am 25 years old and pretty much done growing, i barely way over 130lbs. I have been a small skinny dude for a long time and  I am proud of it ;).

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Devil240Z

fuck dude. I am 6'6"  about 250 pounds. Not fat by any means, just a tad out of shape. I would love to lose ten or twenty pounds.  

But yeah at 6'5" you should be sittin' pretty at a cool 185 pounds minimum.  

but sorry i can't help. gaining weight is the last thing on my mind.  

Also, How old are you cause if you're young you won't have to worry for much longer. metabolism slows with age. I fell victim to it at around 19. 
EDIT: Never mind. you're the same age as me. still I doubt you have much longer until the cold hand of death starts to get a hold on you.

James89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By James89

YO you should eat a bunch!

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By foggel

Btw, I used to have the same problem. I just sarted working out, and naturally grew a larger appetite. I gained weight, and I am not that skinny person anymore:P People i haven't met in a while comments it, so it's pretty nice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get bored and depressed. Chances are, you will get hungry easily.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By monetarydread

In bodybuilding terms you are whats called a hard-gainer. Basically your metabolism burns more calories than the average person.  The answer to bulking up is to eat. Now, McDonalds six times a day while weight training would be the quickest way to put on weight, but it is not going to be good weight gain.  @foggel:  has some great advice in there. I would add to his advice though and say that 2500 calories a day isn't enough for you. The average person (5' 9" - 150 pounds) that is slightly active burns just over 2000 calories a day. The human body also needs to consume 3500 calories to gain one pound. 
I could go into a lot more detail but I figure you would be better off just going to this website. 

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By tunaburn
@RandomHero666:  yea i drink a lot of milk and eat a lot of pasta type foods. you wont gain weight from it unless its muscle weight. with metabolisms like ours the fat just gets burned off. you gotta lift weights or do resistance workouts. that p90x workout would help you. although training boxing, mma, jiu-jitsu, anything like that really would help more. trust me ive been doing it for 9 months and have gained barely 14 pounds. and i was actually still losing weight until then and was eating TONS!
thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By thehexeditor

Do what Matt Damon did to beef up for The Informant!.. 

He, quote,  "ate everything [he] saw [that was edible..]"