Negative impact on weak willed people on new years day.

ethan_raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Edited By ethan_raiden

With the coming of the new year, 2011, many people will be gearing themselves up for the new year, as if the chapters of their lives are dictated by the calendars that we use. People are hoping that the new year will be kind to them, as kind as it was the previous year, or kinder than it was. Resolutions are made, with a naïve notion of longevity, with the full intention of holding these life altering decisions throughout the next year. Almost to the point where we let the turning of a clock have more a profound effect on us than the greatest of character altering events that happen within a lifetime. 

All other days are perceived to be a pre cursor, a lead up to the final day of the year, we blindly mark our calendars off day by day awaiting the end of a year without taking into consideration the importance of these days that we are discounting. The turning of this day (31/12/XXXX) means more to people that the 364 clock turns that happened previously, and becomes a day where we endure an all encompassing spiritual rebirth.

While I have done this myself throughout the years, I began to think, what if I were to do as much self reflection as I do at the end of the year, each day. Could I not better myself much as the same we try to not, all be it faster. And then I realised, that this too, was me trying to govern my soul in accordance to a wrist watch. I truly believe that it's the good times, and the hard times within our lives that shape the decisions we make, change the lives that we live and lead to the inevitable resolutions that we want to live our lives by.

Tick tock tick tock...

ethan_raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By ethan_raiden

With the coming of the new year, 2011, many people will be gearing themselves up for the new year, as if the chapters of their lives are dictated by the calendars that we use. People are hoping that the new year will be kind to them, as kind as it was the previous year, or kinder than it was. Resolutions are made, with a naïve notion of longevity, with the full intention of holding these life altering decisions throughout the next year. Almost to the point where we let the turning of a clock have more a profound effect on us than the greatest of character altering events that happen within a lifetime. 

All other days are perceived to be a pre cursor, a lead up to the final day of the year, we blindly mark our calendars off day by day awaiting the end of a year without taking into consideration the importance of these days that we are discounting. The turning of this day (31/12/XXXX) means more to people that the 364 clock turns that happened previously, and becomes a day where we endure an all encompassing spiritual rebirth.

While I have done this myself throughout the years, I began to think, what if I were to do as much self reflection as I do at the end of the year, each day. Could I not better myself much as the same we try to not, all be it faster. And then I realised, that this too, was me trying to govern my soul in accordance to a wrist watch. I truly believe that it's the good times, and the hard times within our lives that shape the decisions we make, change the lives that we live and lead to the inevitable resolutions that we want to live our lives by.

Tick tock tick tock...

error5305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By error5305

Live in the now.

Also New Years is an excuse for me to drink.

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Leptok

The only thing I worry about is what is going to close early today. Other than that, fuck it, another day.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Arbie

At least it encourages people to think for at least one day in the year =P

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By toowalrus

Whatevs.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By recroulette

The New Year is a big deal if you have any kind of job that requires you to do a lot of paperwork. 

"FUCK, I WROTE 2010 AGAIN!"

smackifilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By smackifilia

Thats like, deep bro

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By damnboyadvance

Boom?

HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By HypoXenophobia
@RecSpec said:
" The New Year is a big deal if you have any kind of job that requires you to do a lot of paperwork.  "FUCK, I WROTE 2010 AGAIN!" "
This. But corporate memo's that come with that mistake are like belated christmas presents for grammar nazis