#1 Posted by nikral (316 posts) -

My question is does anyone know of any "nerdy" comedians or even just good recommendations?  
By nerdy I mean along the lines of Patton Oswalt and maybe Demetri Martin. I also enjoy quite a bit listening to George Carlin and Louis CK.   
 People that just piss me off and would never be considered "nerdy" are Dane Cook and Joe Rogan.

#2 Posted by Ignor (3187 posts) -

Gregg Proops comes to mind.

#3 Edited by Stete (782 posts) -

Dara O Briain! Dude is damn brilliant! Name me another comedian who does a routine about Metal Gear Solid :P

#4 Posted by StarvingGamer (11514 posts) -

Christian Spicer

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
#5 Posted by deactivated-5ba16609964d9 (3361 posts) -

Brian Posehn, the Sklar Bros., anyone ever associated with Alt-Comedy, the Comedians of Comedy, and Mr. Show seem to fit the description of nerd comic. 

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
#6 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6116 posts) -

Zach Galifianakis, he's fat, in other words,he is a nerd ;)

#7 Posted by VandalPancakes (12 posts) -

Chris Hardwick runs a self proclaimed podcast of nerd/comedians and references/interviews a lot of the people already mentioned. nerdist.com 

#8 Posted by CastroCasper (1563 posts) -
@VandalPancakes said:
" Chris Hardwick runs a self proclaimed podcast of nerd/comedians and references/interviews a lot of the people already mentioned. nerdist.com  "
There is about 50 hours of podcasts with Chris Hardwick and a bunch of other great comedians on nerdist.com 

Highly recommended 
#9 Posted by Navyseils (166 posts) -

I'm a big fan of Bill Bailey, I'd say he's pretty nerdy.  

He has a number of stand up shows on DVD now. My favourite is probably 'Bewilderness'.

#10 Posted by nikral (316 posts) -

Wow that is a lot of comedians lol I forgot to include Kevin Smith is hilarious of course. 

Well now I just have to whittle this list down! I know what I'm doing this weekend!

#11 Posted by Burzmali (456 posts) -

Jackie Kashian is a nerd. She did a bit a long time ago about getting stuck in one of the Final Fantasy Legend games and having to call the Nintendo Game Counselors to get past that point. She's pretty funny, but not very well known. So you may have trouble finding her stuff. 

Nick Swardson is fairly nerdy.  He does some bits about video games and he was in Grandma's Boy.

Dwayne Perkins is pretty good. He's sort of borderline nerdy. 

Kyle Kinade is really funny. He isn't necessarily a nerd, but I saw him open for Patton Oswalt and their humor is really similar. 

Stephen Lynch is decent if you like musical comedy. He's definitely a nerd (one of his songs is about D&D). 

Another good musical comedy-type is MC Chris. He does the voice of the giant spider/cow/vampire/etc that keeps coming back on Aqua Teen Hunger Force. One of his songs is about Boba Fett and he has a few tracks about nerd rage. 

As bartok said, anyone associated with Comedians of Comedy is pretty much what you're looking for. My personal favorite is Maria Bamford. If nothing else, you should check out the show she did on superdeluxe.com.

#12 Posted by hexx462 (506 posts) -
@kurtdyoung said:
" @VandalPancakes said:
" Chris Hardwick runs a self proclaimed podcast of nerd/comedians and references/interviews a lot of the people already mentioned. nerdist.com  "
There is about 50 hours of podcasts with Chris Hardwick and a bunch of other great comedians on nerdist.com  Highly recommended  "
Nerdist is the go to podcast for nerdy comedy. It's also a great listen and well worth your time.
#13 Posted by nikral (316 posts) -
@hexx462: Just started listening to the podcast started with Kevin smith.....must say this is going to go on my listening list! Pretty good stuff!
#14 Posted by angelfan91 (915 posts) -

Hard and Phirm, Mike Phirman