I always enjoy perusing the occasional music thread here on these forums. There is usually something I haven't heard news about, or knew existed at all. Hoping this one can be a repository strictly for new releases (I love being reminded that good music still exists today).
don't embed YouTube videos (just post a link instead, if you want to share an example). These threads always die because the amount of YT video players on one page, causing browsers to have a seizure.
- A new Blur album (The Magic Whip) came out this week. There have been free streams all over the internet, so many of you have probably heard it by now. I think it's fantastic.
- My girlfriend recently got me into this band, Beauty Pill. They also have released their first album in over a decade. It called Beauty Pill Describes Things As They Are. I haven't dug deep into it yet, but it's experimental pop with tinges of influence from French and Japanese style pop music, so it's right up my alley.
- A new Built To Spill album came out last month! It's called Untethered Moon, and it's their best album in ages. "Living Zoo" is like a fountain of youth. I haven't heard them do a song with that much fun energy since the 90's. They also dip into their guitar noodling and blissful indie-folk sides with great success.
- I recently went to see Jeff Rosenstock live. It was enough good vibes to last me the rest of the year. In between loud ass shouty music, there was so much hugging. Literal on stage emotional "about to cry" speeches. Bands joining each other for songs. It was what punk rock says it is, but never actually pulls off, because people generally are hot-blooded assholes.
- I've recently written about The Go! Team's new album. Now that the weather is finally starting to warm up, you're going to want this in your car.
phew, that's only been the past couple weeks. If there are any 2015 releases you want to share an opinion about, go ahead and post them here.