New PC Help!

Avatar image for deactivated-608a5477560df
deactivated-608a5477560df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

My laptop is starting to overheat and freeze and it seems like I can't do anything about it so I think it's time to go back to desktop gaming.

I linked to the one I'm looking at further down. Any suggestions or input on the build let me know. I'm Canadian so if you have any other suggestions or potions for me to check out keep them within Canada and between $1000-$1300.

I'm currently looking into this particular one (pre-built please, I'm not overly tech savvy) http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229337

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Toxeia

Too lazy to shop around, but that's a computer you'll be happy with.

Edit: You might want to get a solid state drive to toss in there for quicker boot and load times. It won't benefit you in actual game performance though, so that's up to you.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By irrelevantjohn

Wow it actually looks really good for a pre-built computer! Also you better hope they restock it because it's currently sold out.

Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Castro

My laptop was overheating and shutting down frequently a few months ago. I took a vacuum with the hose attachment and sucked dust and crap out of the fan vent holes and I haven't had the problem since then. Might be something to try.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Doctorchimp

Eh, I don't know.

1,000 bucks is a pretty good sized chunk of change just to end up with a 560. Especially right now.

And you don't have to be overly tech-savvy, all the parts pretty much snap together. Granted buying parts and waiting it out kind of sucks. I've been waiting on my case for like a week now from Amazon...

No Caption Provided

Looking at a box of parts ready to be put together without a case is frustrating...

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By irrelevantjohn
Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Ravenlight

@Castro said:

My laptop was overheating and shutting down frequently a few months ago. I took a vacuum with the hose attachment and sucked dust and crap out of the fan vent holes and I haven't had the problem since then. Might be something to try.

This right here. Laptops like to suck dust up like a vacuum. You'd be surprised how much is probably caked all over the inside if it's overheaating.

Avatar image for deactivated-608a5477560df
deactivated-608a5477560df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Thanks for the help guys, I'll definitely look into using a vacuum before I go crazy with cash.

@IrrelevantJohn: Great now I have two good looking computers to decide between :p