#1  Edited By Ubergeist

Avatar image for deactivated-6296e29cde7c5
deactivated-6296e29cde7c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I really love Watchmen, but I'm not as excited for that movie as I am for Terminator. Terminator is a consistently strong franchise, better than that. I'm loving the show. I think it's awesome that we're finally covering post-Judgement Day now! I'm a little disappointed in the choice of Christian Bale as John Connor but I'm sure it'll work out well in the end.
May can't come around soon enough!

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By super_machine

sweet

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By TheHBK

Yeah this looks amazing.  I am gonna go to the first showing at midnight because I have been waiting for this movie for a while, its what I think T3 should have been, but anyway, its gonna be awesome, maybe as good as the first two.  I think the Marcus is the first T-800 terminator, Model (1?) but Skynet set him loose only to have it think it is human to try to make it the best infiltrator, but realizes that if it thinks its human, it wont kill humans.  The part where you see the shoeless naked person pick up the minigun, I think that is where Arnold shows up, though digitally.  Kyle Reese is also in it which should be interesting.
I wonder what the point of shooting the terminator head after the helicopter lands on it.  In the first movie, they make it clear, regular guns don't hurt the terminator.  A shotgun blast aparently will knock it down but not hurt it.  They need plasma rifles, though it seems Skynet has not developed those weapons, since the T-600 seems to use a big ass minigun instead of the huge plasma cannon the T-800 in the first movie's dream sequence uses, so many the armor of the machines is not as well developed.
I can't wait because this movie seems to set the series straight after that crappy John Connor in T3, man could they pick a worse John connor?  That fool looked short and had a huge head and looked weak.  Christian Bale is the John connor we see in the future sequence of T2, so badass.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#5  Edited By mike

This movie looks incredible, but I'm not going to watch that trailer.  I'm even more excited for this flick than I am for Watchmen, and that's saying a lot - I can't wait for this movie!

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By tekmojo

TERMINATOR

Avatar image for deactivated-6296e29cde7c5
deactivated-6296e29cde7c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheHBK
John Connor from T3 was great! When I think of JC, I think of a sort of hacker type who is also pretty tough (has a slight nerdy feel). Bale is more of a Jock, if you get what I mean. On the Sarah Connor Chronicles, Thomas Dekker plays a perfect John Connor. So I think Bale is the worse pick of them all for the part, although still good choice.
One more thing:

", its what I think T3 should have been, "

Why? We kinda needed to see how Judgement Day went down don't we? lol
Anyway, just to let you know, this is a completely new franchise of Terminator movies now. It is the first of a trilogy (following the same story of course).

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By trulyalive

As someone who has consistently believed that they should have stopped making Terminator movies after T2, I have only one thing to say:
Badass.
Christian Bale is once more proving why he's my favourite actor by not recycling any of his old characters, nor completely rehashing what we've seen of Connor in the past. The visual style looks beautiful and if they manage to follow up on the themes hinted at in the trailer, this could be one of the strongest Terminator films to date. I also dig that they used 'The Day the Whole World Went Away' by Nine Inch Nails in the trailer. Nine Inch Nails is my favourite band and at first I was kind of put off by it's use, but it seems to reflect the tone of the film really well and meshes with the action really well by the time the climax arrives.
I'm not behind it 100%, but if it can do better than The Sarah Connor Chronicles and T3, I'll be sold.

JoblessTerence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JoblessTerence

Hopefully they didn't fuck up the lights...

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks

Looks it's action packed and awesome, I really hope so.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By penguindust

The difference between Bale's Connor and Dekker's Connor is the amount of time passed since Judgment Day.  So, I would certainly expect adult Bale to be of a beefier build than the teenage Dekker.  If anything, we see a development of the punk, Edward Furlong to the moody Thomas Dekker to focused Nick Stahl and finally a fully realized "saviour to humanity" in Chistain Bale.  Of course, the current TV series is not part of the official timeline of the films, but with a little creative adjustment, can be wedged in somewhere. 

For Summer Glau alone I think it should not be excluded...

No Caption Provided

Anyway, thanks for the trailer link.  I'm looking forward to seeing this movie when it comes out on blu-ray at the end of the year...that's just how I am.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tmthomsen

Looks very promishing

Maru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Maru

Looks much better than T3, which I don't even consider it part of series (more like a side comic project).

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheHBK

F1

Yeah I know it is a new series but still continues the story.  For T3 I was just saying that movie didn't exactly live up to what the first two movies did in terms of depth.  Nick Stahl was not a good John Connor because he is none of those things you describe.  I mean, he didn't look one bit as tough as John did in T2, and Edward Furlong was only a kid.  And Dekker seems to fit that bill well too, I like him as Connor. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks frigging awesome, Can`t waittttttt.

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jax

I'm guessing this is Skynet's first attempt at layering skin and creating personality within the machines. So as their first attempt, they fuck up and actually transfer his whole personality (memories, thoughts, perceived self) into the machine, and in essence it's a good terminator because it overrides it's mission to kill. I duno, *shrugs shoulders*

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

Why is the lighting constantly changing mid shot in this trailer?

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Osaladin

Looks very promising.