• 67 results
BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson

It appears as if Nintendo is poised incorporate Wii MotionPlus tech into a fresh run of Wii remotes. At least, that's what we think the publisher will do after having seen a curious mention of a "Wii Remote Plus" pack-in with upcoming copies of FlingSmash.

Gamestop online's listing for FlingSmash is unassuming at first glance. There's no bluster about a new remote in written form. In fact, the game's listing only mentions that it will support the Wii MotionPlus dongle. However, the box art for the FlingSmash is making a big to-do about a "Wii Remote Plus," a remote that, by name alone, seems to confirm an on-board pairing of technologies.  

This shouldn't come as too much of a surprise. Not only is it a logical next step in the controller's evolution, but Nintendo has said before that it has considered packing in Wii MotionPlus within Wii remotes.

No Caption Provided

== TEASER ==FlingSmash is one of the few games that are compatible with the Wii MotionPlus, which adds rotational motion recognition on top of the standard Wii remote's capabilities. As a standalone product it'll run you around $25, plus the cost of a controller. So, from a consumer perspective, this is a good little bundle. Not only does it kill the need to go out and buy more Wii parts, but it also won't cost more than a standard Wii game ($49.99).

As Kotaku notes in its article about the discovery of the bundle (the find was via SlashGear), FlingSmash is being published by Nintendo and was pushed back from its summer release for some reason. A new controller pack-in seems as good of a reason for a delay as any we've heard before.

A Nintendo representative has since confirmed that the controller is real, however, the publisher doesn't yet have anything to add about it at this time. 

UPDATE: It appears as though the listing has been removed.
BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson

It appears as if Nintendo is poised incorporate Wii MotionPlus tech into a fresh run of Wii remotes. At least, that's what we think the publisher will do after having seen a curious mention of a "Wii Remote Plus" pack-in with upcoming copies of FlingSmash.

Gamestop online's listing for FlingSmash is unassuming at first glance. There's no bluster about a new remote in written form. In fact, the game's listing only mentions that it will support the Wii MotionPlus dongle. However, the box art for the FlingSmash is making a big to-do about a "Wii Remote Plus," a remote that, by name alone, seems to confirm an on-board pairing of technologies.  

This shouldn't come as too much of a surprise. Not only is it a logical next step in the controller's evolution, but Nintendo has said before that it has considered packing in Wii MotionPlus within Wii remotes.

No Caption Provided

== TEASER ==FlingSmash is one of the few games that are compatible with the Wii MotionPlus, which adds rotational motion recognition on top of the standard Wii remote's capabilities. As a standalone product it'll run you around $25, plus the cost of a controller. So, from a consumer perspective, this is a good little bundle. Not only does it kill the need to go out and buy more Wii parts, but it also won't cost more than a standard Wii game ($49.99).

As Kotaku notes in its article about the discovery of the bundle (the find was via SlashGear), FlingSmash is being published by Nintendo and was pushed back from its summer release for some reason. A new controller pack-in seems as good of a reason for a delay as any we've heard before.

A Nintendo representative has since confirmed that the controller is real, however, the publisher doesn't yet have anything to add about it at this time. 

UPDATE: It appears as though the listing has been removed.
Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Grissefar

Cool, FlingSmash. My favorite.

Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By Jayzz

meh.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jack268

So it includes a controller that contains the functions that the wii remote should've already have to begin with. 

Nice.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By agentboolen

Wait you mean they made the controller with the motion plus built in!?!?  I knew this would eventually happen.    

atomicfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By atomicfox

So, is this the sequel to FingerBang?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman

Cool beans? 

I wish I had a black wii-mote.

Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Sil3n7

Flingsmash? 

Someone ran out of ideas for names...

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By peacebrother

I hadn't picked up a Motion Plus, so this is good news for me.
Guess I'll have to get one for Zelda.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By nick_verissimo
@atomicfox said:
" So, is this the sequel to FingerBang? "
You win!
fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By fwylo

Is it the same size as a regulation wii-mote? Or is it as big as one with a built-in motionplus?

Avatar image for posableactionfigure
PosableActionFigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And, by the way, despite having a new controller packed in, FlingSmash is only priced at $49.99.     

More like, despite have some mini-games packed in, the new remote is only priced at $49.99. This is Wii Play all over again.
Avatar image for killer_meatballs
killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By killer_meatballs
@Jack268 said:
" So it includes a controller that contains the functions that the wii remote should've already have to begin with.  Nice. " 

QFT!
knives3057

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By knives3057

still not a good reason to dust off the ol' wii

Avatar image for lordcmdrstryker
LordCmdrStryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LordCmdrStryker

FlingSmash = What you do with every Wii controller. 

Fling goes the Wiimote, Smash goes the TV.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By recroulette

Does it have a glowing ball on the end of it?

Robin_Gr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Robin_Gr

Saying "this is what it should have been from that start" isn't exactly fair. I could say my 1st generation MP3 player should have had 40 gigs of memory, but it would have cost way more or been way bigger at that time. Its the nature of electrical components to come down in price over time. The wiimote was expensive enough at launch as it was.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By landon
@Robin_Gr said:
" Saying "this is what it should have been from that start" isn't exactly fair. I could say my 1st generation MP3 player should have had 40 gigs of memory, but it would have cost way more or been way bigger at that time. Its the nature of electrical components to come down in price over time. The wiimote was expensive enough at launch as it was. "
But did your MP3 player promise you unique sound, then told you you needed to spend more on the special headphones to get it to do what it already promised you better?
Ghostbuster123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ghostbuster123

Didn't some other company already make one of these remotes?

paradox121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By paradox121
@PosableActionFigure said:

"  And, by the way, despite having a new controller packed in, FlingSmash is only priced at $49.99.      More like, despite have some mini-games packed in, the new remote is only priced at $49.99. This is Wii Play all over again. "

FlingSmash actually looks like a pretty decent game. Sure, maybe a downloable/$20 one but still looks well packed with features ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih0rZrbdw_M )
iamtirrrred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iamtirrrred

Stupid Question but.... What is  FlingSmash? Can I see a Video?

LazyPiranha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LazyPiranha
@Landon said:
" @Robin_Gr said:
" Saying "this is what it should have been from that start" isn't exactly fair. I could say my 1st generation MP3 player should have had 40 gigs of memory, but it would have cost way more or been way bigger at that time. Its the nature of electrical components to come down in price over time. The wiimote was expensive enough at launch as it was. "
But did your MP3 player promise you unique sound, then told you you needed to spend more on the special headphones to get it to do what it already promised you better? "
Given the crap headphones that come free with every MP3 player I've ever bought, yes.  
zor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23  Edited By zor
@Robin_Gr said:
I wouldn't worry about what they say, haters are going to hate.
skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By skrutop
@bradnicholson: Does the Wii Motion Plus really make that much of a difference? (I've barely played the Wii).
Avatar image for deactivated-5eecdd1d4617f
deactivated-5eecdd1d4617f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should make a HDMI Wii instead of this all in one remote motion crap

President_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By President_Evil

Looks like the page was already taken down.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By Meowayne
@PosableActionFigure said:
"  And, by the way, despite having a new controller packed in, FlingSmash is only priced at $49.99.      More like, despite have some mini-games packed in, the new remote is only priced at $49.99. This is Wii Play all over again. "
FlingSmash is not a minigame compilation, it has been around for almost two years now including videos and previews, all of which have been positive.

Try again.

bluefroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By bluefroman
@Jack268 Next thing they'll add is a lolipop looking foam ball to the top of the wiimote...oh wait..
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Claude

I had never heard of this game. It looks pretty cool. Here's the trailer from E3 2010.  

Avatar image for deactivated-61f341f558336
deactivated-61f341f558336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

A pack-in controller???
Nintendo is right back at the top of the NPD's with this one again!

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By scarace360

So when does fisting the game come out?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#33  Edited By Hailinel

It's the logical next step.  I wonder what the battery life is compared to a normal Wii Remote with the Motion Plus attached.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
@Meowayne said:
" @PosableActionFigure said:
FlingSmash is not a minigame compilation, it has been around for almost two years now including videos and previews, all of which have been positive.  Try again.   "
Yeah but do you really think that is really a GAME. It looks pretty casual. This is basically one long fleshed out mini-game. It doesn't look bad, but either they don't expect much from it or the game cost so much to produce that this is the best way to salvage some money off of it.
hinderk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By hinderk

I will probably buy it when it comes out. I have been meaning to get a second wii controller.

mrhollender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mrhollender

Nintendo, why do you do this to me?  I feel like an abused spouse.  Finally they make the wii mote what it should have been from the start.

JoRoNimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JoRoNimo
@Claude said:
"

I had never heard of this game. It looks pretty cool. Here's the trailer from E3 2010.  

"
Hey, this looks like a video game. I'll give it a try, sure.
Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#38  Edited By Brackynews

But is it Steven Spielburg presents FlingSmash?

babylonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By babylonian

"It appears as if Nintendo is poised to take incorporate Wii MotionPlus tech"

Come on, maaaaaaaan.

noibn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By noibn

Great! Just in time for.... everyone in the world already owning 4 regular Wii remotes.  *sigh*

babylonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By babylonian
@Babylonian said:

""It appears as if Nintendo is poised to take incorporate Wii MotionPlus tech"

Come on, maaaaaaaan."
It's been updated: it now says " It appears as if Nintendo is poised incorporate Wii MotionPlus tech into a fresh run of Wii remotes." 

THIS IS EVEN WRONGER. STEP YOUR GAME UP, BRADLEY.
Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42  Edited By Levio

I don't understand why they didn't do this to begin with.  Was the tech really that hard to package into the controller?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By xyzygy

They're trying to get the sales of Wii Play. That thing is like, the number one selling game in the world or something. Simply because it's a casual game packed in with a remote for the price of a remote. This bundle is even better because of the Wii motion plus!

Duder_Me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Duder_Me

Why didn't they do this before?

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By wrighteous86
@Claude said:
"

"
I'm not quite sure what I'm seeing.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Claude
@Wrighteous86 said:
" @Claude said:

I'm not quite sure what I'm seeing. "
Well, it looks like Sonic, Pinball and Breakout all rolled up into one. Or that's my take on it. Oh, and the sound reminds me of Yoshi's Story.
Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Six

can you add another Wii motion plus to make it a Wii Remote Plus Plus?

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48  Edited By Aaron_G

They should have done this awhile ago. It makes even more sense with PlayStation move out there. 

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By TehFlan

This game actually looks pretty rad. I'll definately pick it up. Plus, I only have two wiimotes, so this is a pretty cool deal.
Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#50  Edited By Bigheart711

How Interesting! :)