News: Boys get in trouble for wearing skirts at school.

• 125 results
bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By bigjeffrey

@darji said:

@milkman said:

I'm of the belief that any school with uniforms is a piece of shit school.

With uniforms you will not have any problems with bullying because your parents are poor and you can not wear certain brands. I think school Uniforms are great and I wished we had something like that.

I loved wearing uniforms, FUCK brand bullshit. GIVE ME A FULL BODY LEOTARD and done.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

real talk, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a skirt..

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, honestly, if you're dead, I can do whatever I want with your body. Including making it wear a skirt.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic said:

Well, honestly, if you're dead, I can do whatever I want with your body. Including making it wear a skirt.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By falserelic

@falserelic said:

If that happen my spirit will forever haunt you.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By EpicSteve

Because 99% of teenage boys that would choose to wear a skirt would make it a distracting joke. The other 1% would get beat up. Teach these dumb kids to drink water. We have soldiers in the hottest location in the world wearing boots, pants, body armor, and helmets. No excuse.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

@darji said:

@milkman said:

With uniforms you will not have any problems with bullying because your parents are poor and you can not wear certain brands. I think school Uniforms are great and I wished we had something like that.

I never was bullied for my clothes despite the fact that they were all shit.

(I was never bullied at all, actually, past middle school)

Yeah but people do get bullied because of this. Just because it did not happen to you does not mean it will not happen for anyone. I was kind of bullied for that reason but it was never really that intense because these people were just assholes^^

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going to watch it for the accents, but "this video is private."

School dress codes remove a major distraction for both sexes, and while I find it kind of hilariously wonderful that a group of fifteen year-old boys are sticking it to The Man by wearing skirts to school, there should really just be a policy amendment.

buwchbach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I used to go to a Welsh language school in cardiff and I was repeatedly told off for wearing nail polish. They said that it was just school policy that nobody was allowed to wear nail polish, but pretty much every girl in the class had painted nails so...

I moved to a sixth-form college without a uniform since and it's wayyyy better. I can wear a skirt and nobody gives a shit.

wear whatever the fuck you want and don't let anyone disregard it as "just a fashion statement" or "a trend." if it's you it's you and as long as nobody is being harmed then fuck everyone else.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to go to a Welsh language school in cardiff and I was repeatedly told off for wearing nail polish. They said that it was just school policy that nobody was allowed to wear nail polish, but pretty much every girl in the class had painted nails so...

I moved to a sixth-form college without a uniform since and it's wayyyy better. I can wear a skirt and nobody gives a shit.

wear whatever the fuck you want and don't let anyone disregard it as "just a fashion statement" or "a trend." if it's you it's you and as long as nobody is being harmed then fuck everyone else.

Word.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Video won't play so I'm not sure if this is a private school or not. If so, all bets are off and they can enforce whichever stupid rules they want.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These boys are pioneers. In the future, men is skirts will be a common thing. It's the future, man.

No Caption Provided

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By MikkaQ

@marcsman said:

The quote a lot of 10 & 11 year old boys go around wearing skirts disturbs me. Call me old fashioned , but boys or men do not wear skirts. Period.

Well... why? I mean if anything women shouldn't wear skirts, we're the ones that need some dangle room/hang space.

@aegon I guess in the states that was solved by rap videos and MTV making the ghetto look cooler than the preppy look.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

It was like 97 degrees here in Western Washington a few weeks ago so I threw on one of my skirts because fuck pants in that type of weather. Skirts are alright. All of the pleasure of not wearing pants with only slightly less social stigma.

Man, sometimes wish I could get away with wearing long skirts. I really hate pants.

Maybe I could try to pass them off as hakama.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By inkerman

@milkman said:

@tearhead: This is going to sound like some hippie nonsense but I think kids being able to express themselves is really important to their growth. Telling them all to dress the same encourages conformity and limits their creativity, I think.

....Maaaaaaaaaannnnnn

I think it's more important that they learn to be part of a community, and how to represent themselves as part of a community. If a kid is being suppressed creatively because they have to wear a particular piece of clothing 7 hours a day, 5 days a week, then they have other problems.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

@inkerman said:

@milkman said:

@tearhead: This is going to sound like some hippie nonsense but I think kids being able to express themselves is really important to their growth. Telling them all to dress the same encourages conformity and limits their creativity, I think.

....Maaaaaaaaaannnnnn

I think it's more important that they learn to be part of a community, and how to represent themselves as part of a community. If a kid is being suppressed creatively because they have to wear a particular piece of clothing 7 hours a day, 5 days a week, then they have other problems.

personally, I'd rather them not get heatstroke.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#67  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
Loading Video...

mason20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Albeit a bit off topic this reminds me of the high school I went to (LCHS in Alberta). I had a gay friend who wore the same shirt that many of the girls were at the time that simply said "Sorry girls I like Boys" or something to that extent. Well he was expelled for wearing it but the same shirt was still allowed to be worn by girls regardless.

Some of my favorite drummers wear skirts or I guess more accurately they are called Mumu's(?) for the extra mobility.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hahahahah what

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

As long as they are wearing something underneath, don't see the problem.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're wearing shorts underneath. And a sheath.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artemesia said:

It was like 97 degrees here in Western Washington a few weeks ago so I threw on one of my skirts because fuck pants in that type of weather. Skirts are alright. All of the pleasure of not wearing pants with only slightly less social stigma.

Man, sometimes wish I could get away with wearing long skirts. I really hate pants.

Maybe I could try to pass them off as hakama.

You can always do it around your own house! And even if you have roommates, any decent friend would totally understand if it was hot enough. Seriously, skirts are niiice.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@milkman said:

I was bullied FOR wearing the school uniform. Cos all the "COOL" kids wouldn't wear school uniform....no matter what punishments were threatened or taken action.

I was also of the poor group that wore the School uniform since I wouldn't have been wear much else.

So it all depends on the culture in your school.

@scrawnto said:

@marcsman said:

The quote a lot of 10 & 11 year old boys go around wearing skirts disturbs me. Call me old fashioned , but boys or men do not wear skirts. Period.

People used to get outraged over women wearing trousers. Maybe you're one of them too, but things do change. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but don't hold your breath waiting for the world to conform to it.

I am only 24 however from my Aunt who went to the high school and Teachers at my high school who went when they were younger.

In the 70s there were several very very harsh winters. So they started wearing trousers, however it was against school uniform and were forced to were skirts. What they did next was stage a mass sit in of protest.

Girls locked themselves in all the school toilets male and female and a large group locked themselves at the top of the Art tower (a 6 story towers were all the art department was.) This went on for three days before the school backed down and allowed the girls to wear trousers as there was no girls in class and no one could go to the toilets.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pufferfiz said:

They're wearing shorts underneath. And a sheath.

wouldn't that be even warmer?^^

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@artelinarose: Well, at home I just go without pants entirely, but yeah. It's unfortunate that I'm more concerned with avoiding social conflict than increasing personal comfort when I'm out and about.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This kind of stuff happens all the time in Europe. Shorts are always banned, but because of anti gender discrimination laws it's technically code for boys to wear skirts instead of pants, particularly around the hot summer days when they protest the ban on shorts. Until Western society's perception of men's skirts changes to a more favorable outlook, this kind of shit is going to keep happening. Kanye West ain't gonna do it by himself.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I actually never minded uniforms too much. They kept my "street clothes" nice and clean and laundry was a bit easier because I just washed the uniforms I rotated and a pair of weekend outfits. Pretty cool if I say so myself.

In my experience, bullying still happened and people still found ways to "express themselves". It was just minute things like not tucking in the shirt all the way to make it look more baggy or wearing a bracelet. Some guys rocked polos and others (like me) rocked dress shirts instead.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clonedzero said:

It's Scotland, isn't dudes wearing skirts a normal thing?

And yes, fuck you a kilt is just a "manskirt".

It's not Scotland, but even then, kilts are only worn during super formal occasions like weddings. You won't see people just randomly wearing them around.

If Samuel Jackson can rock a kilt for no reason (till the end) in 51st States, wear a Kilt like a man. A suit is supposed to be worn on formal occasion to, what does it matter?

:)

Avatar image for deactivated-650f737f2e2d5
deactivated-650f737f2e2d5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon said:

This is not me saying one is better than the other, but I think with uniforms you're less likely to get bullying of the "you have poor clothes so you're poor..hahahahaha poor" variety.

Yeah, but kids will find other things to pick on each other about, because kids are the fucking worst. So I don't think this is can be counted.

@inkerman said:

I think you can learn to be a part of a community without dressing everyone in matching outfits.

I don't see the benefit of uniforms in school. It's just one more way the school can exert control and it seems like nothing more than marketing. It's there so the school can project an image that is desirable to parents and it has the side effect of creating dumb situations like described in the OP. Make no mistake, the fact that the kids had to resort to dressing in skirts is fucking dumb.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By artelinarose

@artelinarose: Well, at home I just go without pants entirely, but yeah. It's unfortunate that I'm more concerned with avoiding social conflict than increasing personal comfort when I'm out and about.

It's more unfortunate that you have to be worried about social conflict over this sort of thing.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcsman said:

It must be great being able to define the world around you.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer said:

It's more unfortunate that you have to be worried about social conflict over this sort of thing.

Though I am not really speaking from a position of neutrality. Once again, we all know how I feel about crossdressing.

<3

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By MikkaQ

@gruebacca said:

This kind of stuff happens all the time in Europe. Shorts are always banned, but because of anti gender discrimination laws it's technically code for boys to wear skirts instead of pants, particularly around the hot summer days when they protest the ban on shorts. Until Western society's perception of men's skirts changes to a more favorable outlook, this kind of shit is going to keep happening. Kanye West ain't gonna do it by himself.

Seems more like Europe needs to change their society's perception of shorts. Ain't nothing wrong with some shorts, don't see why schools would ban 'em.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandude said:
@marcsman said:

That's how the world is. Go ask a random 20 people on the street. Or if you're a male, go wear a skirt to your girlfriend's parents house and see the reaction. I wouldn't want my wife wearing a suit to our wedding and I don't think she'd be attracted to me wearing a dress...

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's how the world is.

That's the weakest, lamest argument for anything, ever.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Darji

@mikkaq said:

@gruebacca said:

Seems more like Europe needs to change their society's perception of shorts. Ain't nothing wrong with some shorts, don't see why schools would ban 'em.

Because it is not part of the uniform?

And man every time I see this thread i want to post Japanese school uniforms XD

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By EpicSteve

@rebgav said:

@epicsteve said:

That's how the world is.

Go look in any clothing store. Doesn't matter how politically correct you want to be. It's reality that boys wearing skirts will just turn into dudes making jokes out of it and causing distractions in school.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By artelinarose

@epicsteve said:

@mandude said:
@marcsman said:

That's how the world is. Go ask a random 20 people on the street. Or if you're a male, go wear a skirt to your girlfriend's parents house and see the reaction. I wouldn't want my wife wearing a suit to our wedding and I don't think she'd be attracted to me wearing a dress...

The twenty people will respond in a way that is societally expected. Orrrrr you may be surprised at the answers you find. Depending on age, geographical location, gender, and several other variables, you may find that if given an honest answer, most people today don't care as much as they would have twenty or thirty years ago. Heck, I wear a skirt and stockings around the house I live in on occasion and I share this place with seven other people who regularly bring friends over. Nobody gives a shit. Granted, I have the excuse of hopefully someday being a girl or as close to it as is possible and I live in a pretty blue state, but still. It's all opinions. An individual's world view does not automatically dictate the way it works.

I understand what you are saying though. Boys are not expected to wear skirts, it's just the way our society has been built up. But it is false to say that boys DON'T wear skirts.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#92  Edited By Yummylee

During the hotter periods of the year, we were all (in England) totally allowed to wear shorts during Primary School least. I can't quite remember if that same privilege persisted for Secondary School, but there still exists some precedent to let boys wear shorts.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebgav said:

@epicsteve said:

That's how the world is.

Go look in any clothing store. Doesn't matter how politically correct you want to be. It's reality that boys wearing skirts will just turn into dudes making jokes out of it and causing distractions in school.

Man, just go look at all the genocide in Africa, thats just how the world is

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebgav said:

@epicsteve said:

That's how the world is.

And as we all know, school age children certainly don't make jokes or seek distraction in class under any other circumstances.

If they don't want boys wearing skirts then let them wear shorts - if they don't want boys wearing shorts don't have school in fucking July. Seems so simple.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By EpicSteve

@artelinarose said:

@epicsteve said:

@mandude said:
@marcsman said:

The twenty people will respond in a way that is societally expected. Orrrrr you may be surprised at the answers you find. Depending on age, geographical location, gender, and several other variables, you may find that if given an honest answer, most people today don't care as much as they would have twenty or thirty years ago. Heck, I wear a skirt and stockings around the house I live in on occasion and I share this place with seven other people who regularly bring friends over. Nobody gives a shit. Granted, I have the excuse of hopefully someday being a girl or as close to it as is possible and I live in a pretty blue state, but still. It's all opinions. An individual's world view does not automatically dictate the way it works.

I understand what you are saying though. Boys are not expected to wear skirts, it's just the way our society has been built up. But it is false to say that boys DON'T wear skirts.

Well it's good you're accepted for what you want to be. But I'm not convinced teenage boys who are already confused as hell and are childish and either commit bullying or are victims should necessarily have the option to jump the shark and be dramatically different from "normal", if that makes sense. I don't have confidence in society that will be accepted and that will cause more harm than good to someone in puberty. Probably best for someone to be shown what's "normal" and then when they grow up adjust their life based on how well that "normal" worked out for them. I sure as hell wasn't equipped at 14 to make any alterations in my life that dramatic. Maybe that isn't a politically correct opinion, but a teenager's life should be as easy and straightforward as possible because that phase in life is already fucking confusing.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#96  Edited By Rowr

O come the hell on, how hot could it possibley be there. Put some pants on you idiots.

UncleClassy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about we just all start wearing tunics again. Just think, we could eliminate gender norms and swamp ass at the same time!

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By rebgav

@uncleclassy: Tunics for everyday, togas for special occasions - LIFE SOLVED.

WAIT, there's a downside; Sandals.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artelinarose said:

@epicsteve said:

@mandude said:
@marcsman said:

Well it's good you're accepted for what you want to be. But I'm not convinced teenage boys who are already confused as hell and are childish and either commit bullying or are victims should necessarily have the option to jump the shark and be dramatically different from "normal", if that makes sense. I don't have confidence in society that will be accepted and that will cause more harm than good to someone in puberty. Probably best for someone to be shown what's "normal" and then when they grow up adjust their life based on how well that "normal" worked out for them. I sure as hell wasn't equipped at 14 to make any alterations in my life that dramatic. Maybe that isn't a politically correct opinion, but a teenager's life should be as easy and straightforward as possible because that phase in life is already fucking confusing.

I also think that by only being taught what is "normal" for them, they come to expect it. By being taught time after time "boys wear shorts, girls wear skirts" they will accept it as truth and never seek to question it. When these binaries are challenged, the reaction at that point is "that's wrong." It's an unfortunate failing of modern society that by the time they reach the point where they are emotionally and mentally mature enough to make these sorts of decisions and distinctions they've been taught to shy away from atypical gender behaviors. The belief that "boys that wear skirts are gross ewwww" does not stop once a person legally becomes an adult because if they did, and if the level of understanding required to mentally sort all of this stuff out was actually as widespread as it probably SHOULD be, we wouldn't be seeing such a rise in LGBTQ awareness and the outcry for equal treatment.

Fun fact: Most boys that are caught wearing skirts for any reason are chastised for "being gay." This is the result of two problems: the first being that as above, we are taught to believe that boys wear shorts, girls wear skirts, so breaking this clearly established gender boundary makes this person "wrong" or "weird." The second being that people automatically assume that all gay men are just trying to be women and that there is something wrong with being gay. For evidence, look no further than a pretty common phrase when referring to something negative: "Oh man, that's so gay." This problem will continue to persist so long as we don't make an active effort as a whole to educate, particularly early on when the information will have an effect and actually stick.

Funnily enough, we don't react this way when girls wear shorts. Huh.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

@milkman said:

....Maaaaaaaaaannnnnn

When you're a kid, you don't live 24/7 in the uniform. You have plenty of time to express yourself through fashion outside of school hours. Having a school where you can wear what you want adds the element of school life becoming a mini fashion show. Well off students have the opportunity to get more attention by changing their wardrobe often, while the poor kids could get teased.

Mind you, I'm not saying those schools are wrong, I just think "shit" it a pretty harsh word to use for a school that just does things a little differently. Uniform or no uniform, if a boy wore a skirt to school he would get ridicule at any school.