this actually sounds decent, they pull it off in this one

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Still sounds like garbage to me. Not the band Garbage they're okay but like actual garbage

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

FLAGGED FOR TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO LISTEN TO NICKELBACK!

If it were up to me you'd be banned for this!

OceanEve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mean to disparage your taste or anything like that (I like alot of bands and things people hate) but. Ew. ?

Relenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Is this ska?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I dig it.

It's too bad it's so normal to hate on people's music tastes. Never got why people did that. Well, I do know the actual answer, but I'll be moderated if I say it out loud.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I guess I don't hate that, for what it is. Unfortunately, it doesn't address the major issue with Nickelback (Chad Kroeger sounding like Chad Kroeger), but it beats the shit out of Photograph.

Of course, I'm a lot more forgiving of Nickelback than most. They're a bad band, but there's SOOOO much worse out there.

(also, you just opened yourself up to several long rants by our resident metalheads as to why this song isn't metal, haha)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is exactly how I would have imagined it to sound like. They kind of sound like a shittier Breaking Benjamin. Just the most plainly produced, generic Alternative Metal.

It's kind of amazing in a way though, because this feels like something you would see and hear on VH1 or MTV in like 2005. Or maybe this sound is still prevalent and I'm just not aware.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It looks like the guy who made that one Eiffel 65 video finally learned how to use the latest version of Blender.

Also, look at this graph.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nickel is a metal, yes.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're a braver poster than I to recommend a Nickelback song.

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those lyrics, lol

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ripelivejam

@zevvion: i try to never shit on what people like (though i will take vocal issue with some extreme opinions). like what you like, it's cool. hating on nickleback itself, though, i am not above.

i'm sure if i forced myself to go through all their albums i could find some things to appreciate. but i only have so much time in my life, and so many better pieces of music to spend it on.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the lyrics and Chad Kroeger's voice that are so off putting to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't really metal, though there is some influence. Still sounds like Nickelback which is to say generic and boring.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i will forever treasure nickleback for that one time chad got klobbered with a bottle on stage and cancelled the concert, though.

Pixelrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pixelrat
Loading Video...

I listened to it, when does the metal start? I don't want to be the genre guy, but calling this metal is a rather large insult to anyone who actually listens to metal. This is radio rock. Hell, if you listen to the new metallica album, an abum cut by 50 year old dudes, 35 years deep into their career is way more metal than this.

JustUnfriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JustUnfriendly

The best thing about this to me is that it isn't even the first song in this genre to be named "Feed the machine". But I don't know the music industry very well, and I don't know how often songs share the same name. Also the 3D character animation is embarrassingly bad to me as a 3D artist.

The song isn't really my style, but I could see the argument of it being an improvement over their past songs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pixelrat: Well, Metal is included in many different sub genres. Metallica which is straight up Heavy Metal/Thrash is maybe not the most comparable. I think you could make an argument for this being Alternative Metal or maybe Post-Grunge. But whatever, everyone has their own definition on music genres nowadays so it seems futile to discuss it.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bartok: If only they sounded like Garbage :D

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also this sound like something WWE would licence for a PPV, and that's a bad thing. Cool for the summer welcome to my house where i cant fight the friction....

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justunfriendly:I've seen it happen plenty of times, especially if the songs have similar subject matter (see: a million songs titled Ghost/Ghosts/Ghost Of ______ ). As someone who's making music I've realized that if you're tying to make a title from song lyrics, you'll probably go insane trying to make a title that has literally never been used in history.

--

More on topic, the song is whatever and it really makes me realize that I don't have any real issues with the band itself and more that I can't stand Chad Kroeger as a vocalist.

Pixelrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pixelrat

@magmamud: It's not really about comparing band to band, it's more that new metallica albums are usually labeled "not metal enough" by the metal crowd, but you'll find them played right next to nickleback on modern rock radio. My point being is, I just don't see anything that would make this a metal song. Its pretty slow, pretty straight forward composition to flow right into that mainstream rock radio sound. Sure, it has pretty heavily distorted guitars, but that is about it. Nickelback has always had amazing sounding heavy guitars on their songs, comes with money I guess. I'd liken this to something like Breaking Benjamin, it's just a heavy rock song.

The definition of heavy metal has constantly evolved, bands like Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith were considered 'metal' in the 70's, but by today's standards that comparison probably wouldn't fly. Nickelback has actually had A LOT of songs heavier than this in their back catalog. If interested I'd go back in time and listen to some of their albums before they got noticed at all. Very much grunge influenced, more experimentation, and fairly heavy at times. I'm not crapping on Nickelback or anyone who enjoys them, I just don't feel like this is a metal song. To each their own!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pixelrat: Sure, that's a fair point. I also compared this to a "shittier" Breaking Benjamin in my previous post, which I also think could be classified as Post-Grunge, or maybe Hard Rock.

I think you could argue either way honestly. I think there are enough heavy elements for it to be put under Alt-Metal too, but I get your point.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Hahaha... No.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By OurSin_360

Wouldn't be bad wrestler intro music or some anime montage background track. :-)

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Nickelback is whatever you want it to be mannn.

Honestly though, I've never tried to listen to them but I associate them with the 1st Spider-Man movie and I love that movie, so does that mean I love Nickelback? lol

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This sounds like a track I'd hear while flipping through the menus in WWE 2k18.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulcake said:

Also this sound like something WWE would licence for a PPV, and that's a bad thing. Cool for the summer welcome to my house where i cant fight the friction....

This is exactily what I was thinking, but more of a b-teir or WWE Network special.

Also MY GOD That Metallica video is too much!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

There's a nu metal riff there with a heavier tone, but the answer is no.

No.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To each his own im in no position to judge. If you like it you like it and thats fine.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this actually sounds decent, they pull it off in this one

I'm in no position to judge what you find good. If you like it you like it. I'm just amazed they are still around, good for them.

@pixelrat said:

Hell, if you listen to the new metallica album

Nope, no one should do that.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

So they went from really generic rock, to really generic hard rock. This song is still painfully formulaic, and the lyrics are terrible; not seeing any improvement at all.

Lord_Anime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

this is like on the edge of metal. Like it's not hard rock, but it's brutality is minimal.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cerberus3dog

I'll say it, Chad Kroeger is an awesome vocalist. This song is still classic Nickelback. Fatter, darker guitar with that metal-style picking and drum rhythm but Chad is still doing the same vocal style as 10 years ago.

how92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By how92

I bet Dimebag Darrell would like it. It's just as metal as a lot of Metalcore bands.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@zevvion said:

I dig it.

It's too bad it's so normal to hate on people's music tastes. Never got why people did that. Well, I do know the actual answer, but I'll be moderated if I say it out loud.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The opening riff is pretty okay I guess. The lyrics are too on the nose and bad. If you want an album about machines and shit with the same lyrical quality, but way better everything else, there is Iconoclast by Symphony X.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Give me six minutes with the smartphone of a man with good taste in music and I'll find cause to hang him."

Nickelback was never that bad. Generic, sure, but everyone who derided them liked music as bad or worse.

In fact, the whole "you enjoy something a group of us have decided has no artistic merit" thing is absurd. If you enjoy something, enjoy it. If you don't, don't. I think the Metal Gear Solid's story is hot garbage. But I don't let that affect my esteem of people who like it. Screw anyone who tries to make you feel bad about the harmless things you like.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By Onemanarmyy
Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I liked Nickelback in early high school, when I was 13 or 14. That was about the time Photograph and Savin' Me came out. I have since stopped liking them, I find their lyrics to be bad and the music isn't anything special these days as far as I'm concerned. For the record, this isn't the first time they've gone and made something that kinda-sorta-just-barely scratches being metal - and that's probably not the first time, either.

The best thing about this to me is that it isn't even the first song in this genre to be named "Feed the machine". But I don't know the music industry very well, and I don't know how often songs share the same name. Also the 3D character animation is embarrassingly bad to me as a 3D artist.

The song isn't really my style, but I could see the argument of it being an improvement over their past songs.

At first I saw the song name and I was thinking of Black Crown Initiate's "Belie The Machine" (which is a damn fine metal song), but then I thought of another band I listened to way back in high school called Red that has a song called "Feed The Machine" (which is maybe a little closer to metal than Nickelback's attempts but it's not really what I'd call metal either).

@how92 said:

I bet Dimebag Darrell would like it. It's just as metal as a lot of Metalcore bands.

It's definitely not as "metal" as even something like August Burns Red or The Devil Wears Prada or Underoath. Or Killswitch Engage, for that matter.

Crazy to think that I went from listening to Nickelback to this kind of stuff in just four years of high school. I have no idea what any of these bands sound like these days, except Black Crown Initiate.

mozzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I'd rather them double down on this, then whatever that OP video was.

Coca-cola roller coaster!

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@magmamud said:

This is exactly how I would have imagined it to sound like. They kind of sound like a shittier Breaking Benjamin. Just the most plainly produced, generic Alternative Metal.

It's kind of amazing in a way though, because this feels like something you would see and hear on VH1 or MTV in like 2005. Or maybe this sound is still prevalent and I'm just not aware.

Proof that this sounds like Breaking Benjamin and also worse and also a chance to bring this back to video games:

Loading Video...

JayPB08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By JayPB08

Nickelback has always been half pop rock and half alt-metal; everyone just hears Photograph or Someday and assumes it all sounds the same. I'm not about to buy anything from Nickelback, but in a world where groups like Imagine Dragons and Twenty-One Pilots are depressingly considered "rock," Nickelback still being the model band to make fun of is just absurd. Move on people...

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds super half assed and generic with lyrics that come across at times like the kind of shit you hear when english phrases slip into Anime theme songs.

grapesoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By grapesoda

Awful nu-metal maybe, not even remotely close to the sub-genres of metal I love though.

If you're into Korn you'd probably love this.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By Marz

that's metal nowadays? I used to remember metal being a bit more fierce....(this was late 90's when I was into metal as a high school kid).

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Not a metal guy, not a Nickleback guy, so this isn't for me. But I will say I'm incredibly tired of the Nickleback is the worst meme-it's just lazy internet comedy. I mean there is way worse music out there. There's way worse popular musicians who can't even play instruments.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Loading Video...

@mozzle: this is there Miss You