No Time for Games: Smooth Move

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By fwylo

Well I've never though I was much of a writer, and I would still assume I'm not but Sweep has a point with his Blog Initiative.

I don't know what that point is exactly, but it brought up a sudden urge to fill up some more of my time with completely mundane things. I'll chalk it up as good practice for my entry level English Essay course I'm required to take for this International Business Degree I'm attempting to finish. I've attempted a few blogs before, some that got off the ground and in to a few episodes (even gained me a few followers), and then some that remained as just ideas. Mind you at the time I was a part of the full-time work force and didn't really feel like coming home to do something which felt more like work than play.

But my life has changed a lot since then. So why not…

First, let me break me down for you: I am 23(on Monday!). I am a student. I am not socially awkward. I don't have a job. Some would call me pretty (Claude has even said it a couple times, and he knows his shit). This drunk possibly half-crazy guy sitting beside me at the bar just told me I have a "Yankee" accent. I am Canadian. I am half black. I like women. I love to party. I think I'm smart. I think I'm funny in person, though via text or over the internet probably not as much as I'd like to think. I could go on but I think that's enough to build a decent mental image of me.

UUNNNGGGHHH
UUNNNGGGHHH

TL:DR - What up I'm fwylo.

League of Legends owns my gaming time at the moment, though I finally sat down and hit 70 in Modern Warfare 2 to get the guilt of NOT doing it out of my head. I used to play a shit ton of DOTA, and was pretty good at it actually. Then this came out and stole my life FOR FREE. I'm not going to explain how the game works, but the online and time-wasting mechanic is most easily compared to Starcraft 2's online.

3:50pm Return from University

4:00pm *Maybe I have some time for a game of LoL before doing laundry and eating*

5:00pm *Fuck that game didn't go very well, I have time for another one no problem*

6:00pm *That was a good one, I'll get another quick one in*

6:30pm *Shit that was a bad team I can't go out on a bad note*

7:30pm *Oh fuck I'm hungry I'll make some food and play one more while I eat*

9:00pm *Well shit it's too late for laundry now, I won't even finish a load before I have to sleep*

10:00pm *It's not that late I can play one more*

11:00pm *God damn that was a good one I'm on a roll*

12:00am *Oh man, midnight?!!@ Well if I play one more I'll still get 5 hours of sleep*

1:00am *Alright… one mo- NO*

O.M.S. is a serious problem for me and I'm sure many other gamers out there. One More Syndrome kills time like my uncle clubs kittens. (Feel free to create a wiki page about that because it's probably unclaimed. Do give me recognition in the description though please).

It sucks being addicted to games that eat up time like that. That would have been 10 hours I could have put into something constructive like studying, or laundry, or BEATING the single player of some other game that I'm somewhat interested in but NOPE! Chuck Testa.

So anyways, when I'm not wasting my time with LoL, I'm either partying and bro-ing out, or at school, or talking to girls. (This is where the title of the blog comes in!!!)

Sunny as fuck.
Sunny as fuck.

I'm sitting in my English class on Thursday night, and this girl is beside me is pretty cute. The prof is talking about an essay we were supposed to read and it is taking way too long. Everyone is bored. I see her flip her notebook open to a blank page and start writing out a grocery list. Remember when I said I think I'm funny and smart? Well I write a mini grocery list in the following order: Captain Crunch, Bananas, Noodles, Condoms, KY Jelly, Strap-on. I was expecting maybe a smirk or giggle out of this when I slid my paper over to her. Apparently she thought it was hilarious and basically bursts out laughing in the middle of the completely silent room! Ha.

Obviously I pretended to have no idea what she was doing to let her look awkward as fuck. After everything calmed down I wrote again on the sheet of paper smooth move(!) and slid it over to her. We finished the class and went to my place and sexed like crazy.

Not actually but we had a nice little notepad conversation for the rest of class.

Now if you've made it this far I'm proud of you and myself. To be honest I won't talk about games all that much, because with the time I do have I play LoL, and I've already talked about that. So if you liked the rest of it, maybe you'll check it out again.

Respect.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By fwylo

Well I've never though I was much of a writer, and I would still assume I'm not but Sweep has a point with his Blog Initiative.

I don't know what that point is exactly, but it brought up a sudden urge to fill up some more of my time with completely mundane things. I'll chalk it up as good practice for my entry level English Essay course I'm required to take for this International Business Degree I'm attempting to finish. I've attempted a few blogs before, some that got off the ground and in to a few episodes (even gained me a few followers), and then some that remained as just ideas. Mind you at the time I was a part of the full-time work force and didn't really feel like coming home to do something which felt more like work than play.

But my life has changed a lot since then. So why not…

First, let me break me down for you: I am 23(on Monday!). I am a student. I am not socially awkward. I don't have a job. Some would call me pretty (Claude has even said it a couple times, and he knows his shit). This drunk possibly half-crazy guy sitting beside me at the bar just told me I have a "Yankee" accent. I am Canadian. I am half black. I like women. I love to party. I think I'm smart. I think I'm funny in person, though via text or over the internet probably not as much as I'd like to think. I could go on but I think that's enough to build a decent mental image of me.

UUNNNGGGHHH
UUNNNGGGHHH

TL:DR - What up I'm fwylo.

League of Legends owns my gaming time at the moment, though I finally sat down and hit 70 in Modern Warfare 2 to get the guilt of NOT doing it out of my head. I used to play a shit ton of DOTA, and was pretty good at it actually. Then this came out and stole my life FOR FREE. I'm not going to explain how the game works, but the online and time-wasting mechanic is most easily compared to Starcraft 2's online.

3:50pm Return from University

4:00pm *Maybe I have some time for a game of LoL before doing laundry and eating*

5:00pm *Fuck that game didn't go very well, I have time for another one no problem*

6:00pm *That was a good one, I'll get another quick one in*

6:30pm *Shit that was a bad team I can't go out on a bad note*

7:30pm *Oh fuck I'm hungry I'll make some food and play one more while I eat*

9:00pm *Well shit it's too late for laundry now, I won't even finish a load before I have to sleep*

10:00pm *It's not that late I can play one more*

11:00pm *God damn that was a good one I'm on a roll*

12:00am *Oh man, midnight?!!@ Well if I play one more I'll still get 5 hours of sleep*

1:00am *Alright… one mo- NO*

O.M.S. is a serious problem for me and I'm sure many other gamers out there. One More Syndrome kills time like my uncle clubs kittens. (Feel free to create a wiki page about that because it's probably unclaimed. Do give me recognition in the description though please).

It sucks being addicted to games that eat up time like that. That would have been 10 hours I could have put into something constructive like studying, or laundry, or BEATING the single player of some other game that I'm somewhat interested in but NOPE! Chuck Testa.

So anyways, when I'm not wasting my time with LoL, I'm either partying and bro-ing out, or at school, or talking to girls. (This is where the title of the blog comes in!!!)

Sunny as fuck.
Sunny as fuck.

I'm sitting in my English class on Thursday night, and this girl is beside me is pretty cute. The prof is talking about an essay we were supposed to read and it is taking way too long. Everyone is bored. I see her flip her notebook open to a blank page and start writing out a grocery list. Remember when I said I think I'm funny and smart? Well I write a mini grocery list in the following order: Captain Crunch, Bananas, Noodles, Condoms, KY Jelly, Strap-on. I was expecting maybe a smirk or giggle out of this when I slid my paper over to her. Apparently she thought it was hilarious and basically bursts out laughing in the middle of the completely silent room! Ha.

Obviously I pretended to have no idea what she was doing to let her look awkward as fuck. After everything calmed down I wrote again on the sheet of paper smooth move(!) and slid it over to her. We finished the class and went to my place and sexed like crazy.

Not actually but we had a nice little notepad conversation for the rest of class.

Now if you've made it this far I'm proud of you and myself. To be honest I won't talk about games all that much, because with the time I do have I play LoL, and I've already talked about that. So if you liked the rest of it, maybe you'll check it out again.

Respect.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

You're damn sexy. That's what you are.

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By HS21

Never not leashing blue.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Bruce

@fwylo:

I'm 21, and I take six classes currently.

FUCK GAMES. Seriously, as much as I love playing them from time to time, this semester decides where I go to Grad school. I couldn't care less about anything else right now.

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Bribo

I didn't read the whole thing, but I'm all for ecouraging people.

Well done you!

EDIT: Okay, I was worried about sounding patronising so I did read your post. Why, in the name of all that is either rational or holy, are you playing League of Legends?

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Red12b

Pimp

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By FunExplosions

Aww notepad conversation. I really hope you at least captured some of her hair in a petri dish.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fwylo

@Bruce: I agree fully. Fuck games. But I can't not keep up with the news right?

@HS21: Always leashing blue?

@Claude: <3 I still have to come to your city and go out drinking with you and your wife.

@Bribo: It is a modern, free DOTA basically. I'll switch if DOTA 2 is good, but for now it is really good for what I need. Basically I'm good at it, I enjoy the persistent leveling so I some sense of accomplishment in it, and I have some friend who play it. What do you have against it?

@FunExplosions: Voodoo doll 80% complete.

@dudeglove: Never not beast mode.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HandsomeDead

I wish I was as cool as you, fwylo.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By McShank

How does one create a wiki page? I want to claim that page that you so generously said someone could :D Also, i understand your O.M.G. syndrome as I have that still and had it during the hundreds and hundreds of hours i spent playing Dota..

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Excellent tale. Reminds me how I wanted to go to the library the other week to study, and I used notes from last year. One of them had a notepad conversation with this girl I screwed over (and feel awful about). In the end, notepad conversations are excellent.

We finished the class and went to my place and sexed like crazy

:)

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By EuanDewar

Still Pimp.

x

RedLycra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RedLycra

Oh man, this is already brilliant. Sexing and shit. Makes for a perfect blog.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fwylo

@HandsomeDead: I wish I was as opinionated as you. Seriously though.

@dudeglove: I was at the school pub/bar sitting on the patio waiting for some friend's to show up on Friday while writing. Figured I'd take a picture for it. Those friend's never did show up :(.

@McShank: You have to have a certain amount of wiki points, I'm not sure exactly how many anymore. 1000 and you can make instant edits, then however many to make wiki pages.

@EuanDewar:

@RedLycra: Glad you liked it, hope you read the next one!

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#17  Edited By Little_Socrates

I enjoyed this blog. My first year in college, and I've lost something like 35-40 hours to Persona 4 over the last couple weeks. Still finding time to be well-rounded and stay relatively caught-up on site stuff, though, which is awesome. Also, been doing classwork, not skipping out. :)