Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gladiator_Games

Hey folks!

We all know what's been going on with ProJared, sadly, he was my favourite LP-er, and now I feel gross going near his videos.

Anyone know any good, similar Let's Players? RPG / Story game driven, with a good sense of humour and a higher-end editing style?

I've been following Super Beard Bros for a while and I come and go with them, and JimPlaysGames has always been a good time

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

i am an old man. i thought you were looking for record recommendations.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have never watched his content, so wouldn't know the style. ChristopherOdd is basically the only LPer I've followed on YT for years now. No fancy editing in his (not actually sure what all "higher-end editing" refers to...) videos but he has a good (Canadian) sense of humour and, with a few exceptions, basically only focuses on story-driven games.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean the only ones I personally know in his style are probably people you've heard about if you watched his stuff since they were all either in his friend group or in the same business. Folks like PBG.

Otherwise I've shifted almost entirely over to streamers and their vods rather than the tightly edited LP stuff.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@mellotronrules: No, you read it right. I refuse to accept LP as some Youtube nonsense.

I’ve been enjoying Honus Honus’s Use Your Delusion lately, as well as Nick Cave’s Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus double album.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well, Two Best Friends Play/Super Best Friedns Play was the group for me, so I do recommend their individual channels, Liam included. Other than that, BrownMan.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I don't know anything about ProJared, his LP-ing style, or what he has done to make people want to stop watching his videos...

...but Gopher does a lot of long-form single-player RPG LP's and they tend to be a lot of fun to watch. Dude's got a lot of energy, a pretty great voice, and seems like he's having a lot of fun doing this.

I also like to watch Kikoskia's videos from time to time. He primarily LP's old games, though.

Both of those guys tend to refrain from yelling and cursing (some mild language happens), if that makes a difference to anyone.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

i am an old man. i thought you were looking for record recommendations.

I am a young man (I think? Is 27 still considered young man) and I also thought he was looking for new music.

zombiepenguin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@nutter: That's a great Nick Cave album. One of my favorites.

On topic, I'm not familiar with that guy's channel, but I've really enjoyed Run Button for a long time.

Avatar image for gladiator_games
Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By Gladiator_Games

@zombiepenguin9: I love RunButton for their crazy "let's play every game in this series" stuff, and their individual channels are pretty great too

Kikoskia seems pretty up my alley too

Heh as a musician, I totally get the LP thing!

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darksydephil. No need to worry about the quality dropping when it's already at rock bottom. Although I think the ship's sailed on someone narcing him out to the Feds for tax fiddling.

Avatar image for rocketblast0063
rocketblast0063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glots said:

Have never watched his content, so wouldn't know the style. ChristopherOdd is basically the only LPer I've followed on YT for years now. No fancy editing in his (not actually sure what all "higher-end editing" refers to...) videos but he has a good (Canadian) sense of humour and, with a few exceptions, basically only focuses on story-driven games.

He is good yes. I especially recommend his Witcher 3 and Subnautica series.

Not sure how similar he is to ProJared though, but does he have to be? Maybe you find him better?
ChristopherOdd is very focused on and into the games he is playing, reads all the lore and so on and generally engaged.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Check out Chip Cheezum, basically puts the most effort into an LP possible and has versions of each lp with commentary over cutscenes and without commentary over cutscenes. He's got a MGS5 LP going right now where he's edited together 3 different playthroughs so he can show each mission 3 times, one stealthy way, one Rambo way, and one stupid way where he intentionally tries to break the missions with dumb mechanics.

He adds the commentary later over the gameplay, though, so that might not be your thing, but he always has a co-commentator that hasn't really played the game. So you still get the benefit of someone seeing things for the first time, but also have a guided experience with Chip himself knowing everything about the game and showing off all it's great/dumb/wacky elements. Check out some Metal Gear lps or the 50 Cent Blood on the Sand one to start with.

If you want pure goofing off while playing a bad game, Men Drinkin' Coffee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVAQo8SJUQY

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only single YouTube person I watch regularly (besides the odd Seagul vid) is a channel called iTemp plays. Probably not what you are after because he's almost exclusively playing Apex Legends at the moment. But I swear I have never before watched anybody on YouTube with the same genuine honest to goodness levels of just been a nice dude.

north6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Whatever Joseph Anderson is playing.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got into SuperGreatFriend's LP of Killer7 lately. He sounds really laid back and well prepared.