Obama broke first promise!!!

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Snipzor

As you can see HERE, he broke his first promise. I am clearly outraged that he would do this sort of thing, Obama should be impeached for his crimes against humanity.

Okay, joking aside, would anyone have disaproved of this bill? Anyone? Would we really need five days to talk about something that should have happened years ago? Anyone? Here's hoping the WARRGGARRBL won't be too bad.

No Caption Provided

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By RHCPfan24

Haha, well, I am sure his "blogger" will get right on it. If you have checked it out, the White House website is very well done.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By serbsta

You really think public opinion would have an impact over a bill?

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Hexpane

I knew I would regret clicking that link

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Bulldog19892

"To reduce bills rushed through Congress and to the president before the public has the opportunity to review them, Obama "will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days. [The article states this promise was broken]"" - From the article

So an economic stimulus package for a country headed towards a depression doesn't count as an emergency bill?

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By ProfessorEss
RHCPfan24 said:
"Haha, well, I am sure his "blogger" will get right on it. If you have checked it out, the White House website is very well done."
Yeah, that really is quite nicely designed.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Snipzor
Bulldog19892 said:
""To reduce bills rushed through Congress and to the president before the public has the opportunity to review them, Obama "will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days."" - From the article

So an economic stimulus package for a country headed towards a depression doesn't count as an emergency bill?"
Well it isn't the stimulus bill.
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bulldog19892
Snipzor said:
"Bulldog19892 said:
""To reduce bills rushed through Congress and to the president before the public has the opportunity to review them, Obama "will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days."" - From the article

So an economic stimulus package for a country headed towards a depression doesn't count as an emergency bill?"
Well it isn't the stimulus bill."
What bill is it then? I thought the stimulus was the thing that the conservatives were all fucked up about.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Snipzor
Bulldog19892 said:
"Snipzor said:
"Bulldog19892 said:

What bill is it then? I thought the stimulus was the thing that the conservatives were all fucked up about."
Well it was a bill that repealed a Supreme Court decision that limited the amount of time one can sue for wage discrimination. He signed that right away, does anyone care that he did?
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By BoG

I read an article in the New York Times yesterday, and it looks as if he'll be breaking his promise about getting the troops out as well.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By HandsomeDead
'The more things change, the more they stay the same.'
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I hope Obama has an explanation for the signing .

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Claude

I saw a movie called The Candidate. It starred Robert Redford running for office of U.S. Senate for California. He played the game and won. Afterwards sitting in a limo, he turns to his advisor and says, "What do we do now?" Classic politics.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By Arkthemaniac
HandsomeDead said:
"'The more things change, the more they stay the same.'"
And you say you don't like Rush . . .
Well, if he kept a promise, he should have stuck by it. His passing of this makes him a liar, plain and simple.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Snipzor
Arkthemaniac said:
"HandsomeDead said:
Well, if he kept a promise, he should have stuck by it. His passing of this makes him a liar, plain and simple.
"
Technically it wasn't the passing that broke the promise, it was the speed in which he passed it.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Snipzor said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"
Technically it wasn't the passing that broke the promise, it was the speed in which he passed it."
It was the fact that he passed it without cnsulting the community combined with the speed. Either way, he still went back on his word.
Avatar image for daeth_on_demand
Daeth_On_Demand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Daeth_On_Demand

Augh, I hate that bill.

I work at a local grocery store that hires male and female highschool students to be baggers and cashiers.

Girls are never asked to go outside and push the shopping carts back into the corral (the most demanding of the jobs at the store), and are never asked to do any of the physically demanding jobs around the store.

Girls are also promoted from bagger to checker 2-3 months more quickly than the male baggers.

8 of the top 10 fastest cashiers are male.

Yet girls make $.50-$1.15 more than guys who have been there the same amount of time.

How is that equality!?

They do fewer jobs, and they do them worse than the guys do, but they get paid more!?

Come the f*** on, how is that in any way right?

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Yeah, that's bullshit. The male employees could probably do something about that.

Daeth_On_Demand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Daeth_On_Demand

Like be really sexist and get the girls to quit.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Snipzor
Daeth_On_Demand said:
"Augh, I hate that bill.

I work at a local grocery store that hires male and female highschool students to be baggers and cashiers.

Girls are never asked to go outside and push the shopping carts back into the corral (the most demanding of the jobs at the store), and are never asked to do any of the physically demanding jobs around the store.

Girls are also promoted from bagger to checker 2-3 months more quickly than the male baggers.

Yet girls make $.50-$1.15 more than guys who have been there the same amount of time.

How is that equality!?

They do fewer jobs, and they do them worse than the guys do, but they get paid more!?

Come the f*** on, how is that in any way right?"
Yeah, you are aware that the national average shows that women make significantly less than men right?
Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bullet_Jr
Snipzor said:
"Daeth_On_Demand said:
"Augh, I hate that bill.

How is that equality!?

Yeah, you are aware that the national average shows that women make significantly less than men right?"
Yeah, but men are still expected to pay for dates so it balances out in the end.
joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#22  Edited By joey

No Caption Provided

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hexpane
Snipzor said:
"Daeth_On_Demand said:
"Augh, I hate that bill.

How is that equality!?

Yeah, you are aware that the national average shows that women make significantly less than men right?"
Obviously he is not. He is from that school of anti logic that says whatever is happening to me in my situation must be happening world wide.  People like this do not worry about facts, logic or stats.

There is a grocery I go to and they had this chick outside collecting carts and pushing a huge string of them up hill.  She had a nice ass too.
Daeth_On_Demand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Daeth_On_Demand

Yes, I am aware of the national statistics that say women make $.70-$.80 (at least so my history prof. says, I'm too lazy to check myself) on the $1.00 that a man makes, I'm just pissed that it's mandated in the public sector that women should have to get equal pay even when they do fewer jobs or do their jobs worse than men do.

EDIT:

My history professor was right, at least according to a 2004 document from the U.S. Census Bureau.

[ http://www.iwpr.org/pdf/WageRatioPress_release8-27-04.pdf ]

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hexpane
Daeth_On_Demand said:
 that women should have to get equal pay even when they do fewer jobs or do their jobs worse than men do.

The law is equal pay for equal work guy... not equal pay for less work
Daeth_On_Demand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Daeth_On_Demand

Right, right, right.  That's the spirit of the law, but I don't think it works in reality.  Women get paid the same as men (at least in the public sector) no matter what.

And listen, I'm not against equal pay for equal work at all, I guess I'm just sort of channeling my frustration at the mindset that women should occupy exactly 50% of the jobs in America, and not just any type of job - every type of job.

That's probably not where you're coming from, but it still annoys me.

Avatar image for theuncannygiraffe
theuncannygiraffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daeth_On_Demand said:
"Yes, I am aware of the national statistics that say women make $.70-$.80 (at least so my history prof. says, I'm too lazy to check myself) on the $1.00 that a man makes, I'm just pissed that it's mandated in the public sector that women should have to get equal pay even when they do fewer jobs or do their jobs worse than men do."
Um.... you are aware that this bill will make it possible for men to appeal for equal pay/conditions to their female counterparts as well? It's not a 'make women get paid more' measure,  it's a 'let everyone get paid fairly' measure. 

Also, I'm sure there are plenty of places where women work harder and better than the men at the same place, and get paid less. Nobody can help how well individuals do their job. It's a shame you feel your workplace is so biased, but c'est la vie. Oh, and in my office, I do the majority of the heavy lifting and storeroom clearing, for far less pay than anyone else because that's what my job entails. Sometimes in life you just have to suck it up.

I think Obama put this through so fast partly because it was one of the things he campaigned on. Besides, who was going to oppose that? If you ask me, 180 seems a fairly low statute of limitations.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By DoctorTran
Snipzor said:
"Bulldog19892 said:
"Snipzor said:
"Bulldog19892 said:

What bill is it then? I thought the stimulus was the thing that the conservatives were all fucked up about."
Well it was a bill that repealed a Supreme Court decision that limited the amount of time one can sue for wage discrimination. He signed that right away, does anyone care that he did?"
Not at all. And as a politician he's going to break a few promises.
Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Verdugo
joey said:
"
No Caption Provided

"
This would've been fantastic.
Daeth_On_Demand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Daeth_On_Demand

Right, the act is actually there to, "...to clarify that a discriminatory compensation decision or other practice that is unlawful under such Acts occurs each time compensation is paid pursuant to the discriminatory compensation decision or other practice, and for other purposes" [ http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:h.r.02831: ].

Yes, I'm sure there are plenty of places where women work harder than men and get paid less, I just bet there are fewer than there are of my example.  Still, I don't have any hard stats on the issue, so c'est la vie.

As for the real issue of this post [sorry for going off-topic], I don't really care about Obama signing it through without waiting three days or whatever.  That's the way politics works.  Sometimes there are deadlines that have to be met, and it wouldn't be worth not signing something that needs to be signed just because of something you said.

There was probably a lot of stuff going on that we don't know that added to Obama's decision to pass the act without waiting three days.  He's not an idiot, he knew that if he passed it people would b**** about it, but obviously he still passed it, so he probably had a reason.

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Colonel_Cool

Be prepared for Barack Obama to break many, many promises during his presidency. The fact is that national and global expectations for the man are way too high unrealistic.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By RichardLOlson
Well my first thought on either one of the two retards running for prez (Macain) or (Obama), "Not right at all for the oval office".  Macain wouldn't have sent the troops home, hell he would have made shit a lot worse.  Know that he had no experience what so ever being in office, just scared the shit out of me.  As far as obama goes, this guy was just all glitz and glam.  He was all about the showboating and not about the real issues.  I  mean we are in a real state of economic slum, but he doesn't give a shit.  He is all about staying in the white house for as long as he can.  I'm really suprised that he made it.  Everyone was all about a black prez and  couldn't see through his broken promises.  Bush was a complete jack ass and needed to get the fuck out of the white house, but I would have at least gave clinton another shot at it.  I mean so he got some head while he was in the oval office, so what.  At least the man did his job and kept some of his promises.  We were in a good state of being, when he was in the office.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Snipzor
 but I would have at least gave clinton another shot at it.
THIS^^^ 
vaultboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vaultboy
Bulldog19892 said:
Economic stimulus packages are like using band-aids on bullet-holes.  It's nothing more than bread & circuses.  They're bribing you into complacency with your own money.
vaultboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vaultboy
Hexpane said:
"The law is equal pay for equal work guy... not equal pay for less work"
And where is this ever true?  People don't work equally.  Even equal positions don't share an equal amount of the workload.

Isn't the whole point that you work hard, make yourself vital to the workplace, and then bargain with management for a pay raise?  And, if management isn't going to pay you what you feel you're worth, you put the experience on a resume and apply elsewhere.

I find it ironic that someone who was content with their job and pay, upon learning they've been "underpaid" decides they need to sue their employer.  Equality is BS.  It's survival of the fittest even in the job market.  She should've been bargaining for better pay every time she was up for a raise.  Rather than this after the fact BS where fighting consists of the sucker punch of equality.
Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
Colonel_Cool said:
"Be prepared for Barack Obama to break many, many promises during his presidency. The fact is that national and global expectations for the man are way too high unrealistic."
Agreed. 
Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

What a waste of tax dollars

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
VaultBoy said:
"Bulldog19892 said:
Economic stimulus packages are like using band-aids on bullet-holes.  It's nothing more than bread & circuses.  They're bribing you into complacency with your own money."
I think it's more like putting salt on a bullet-hole...not a band aid because that implies that there was at least some benefit.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By jakob187

ZOMFG!  PRESIDENT BROKE A PROMISE!!!  RUN FOR THE HILLS OF AZERBAIJAN!!!  -_-

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Wolverine

Well technically this is an emergency bill.

Superchris129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Superchris129

I really wish things could be equal. The other day, I was forced to cover a females late night shift, because she had cramps. How is that fucking fair? If I say I've got a headache, I get told to work anyway. But yeah, finding out that Obama is a liar shouldn't shock anyone. He's just another slimy rich politician.

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
Superchris129 said:
"I really wish things could be equal. The other day, I was forced to cover a females late night shift, because she had cramps. How is that fucking fair? If I say I've got a headache, I get told to work anyway. But yeah, finding out that Obama is a liar shouldn't shock anyone. He's just another slimy rich politician."
Well, it's not fair, but at the same time, there is nothing wrong with it because you are consenting to work there. So you have decided that the job is worth the unfair treatment. Nothing wrong with that.

And yes, he will be a liar, like every politician.
Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43  Edited By Optiow
RHCPfan24 said:
"Haha, well, I am sure his "blogger" will get right on it. If you have checked it out, the White House website is very well done."
I dod not know there was a white house website!