Obama Names Overseer to Set Pay at Rescued Companies

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Nasar7

Finally! I haven't really been keeping up on it very much but from the little I've seen, the salary and bonus figures that some top CEOs of these bailed-out companies take with taxpayer money is ludicrous and imo grossly unethical.

Link to the New York Times article.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Suicrat

But what the Obama administration is doing is also illegal. What matters more when you're President of a "Nation of Laws, not of Men", adhering to the law, or adhering to something as subjective as the notion of "ethics"?

Edit: I could have sworn this thread was going to contain a Vault 101 joke :(

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By vidiot
"But what the Bush administration is doing is also illegal. What matters more when you're President of a "Nation of Laws, not of Men", adhering to the law, or adhering to something as subjective as the notion of "ethics"?"
:P

I know that these are completely different situations and subjects. And I'm sure from reading your responses from political discussion, you have constructed a good argument.
But whenever I read "Obama" and "illegal" in a sentence together I get the giggles.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

^ *rolls eyes* Bush isn't in office anymore.  You think people would move on already.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By vidiot

^ With Cheney on the TV all the time these days, it's hard to tell. :P*drum snare*

In all seriousness: I am trying to move on. It's been difficult for me to be critical of Obama after being so strongly against the last guy.
Obama should not be exempt of criticism, especially regarding the economic situation.

Why the heck can't I quote anything?