Avatar image for iichristian89ii
IIChristian89II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By IIChristian89II

I swear this will result in the world becoming a post apocalyptic waste land. If i get nuked because of  
obama deciding to continue Americas 'we own the world' attitude there will be a lynching at hand... 

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By EpicSteve
@xobballox said:

" @EpicSteve: Since you're in the military, I guess it would be good to ask you - aren't we already having a problem with the amount of soldiers we have for Iraq and Afghanistan?  "

Iraq is fine. Afghanistan has a problem with limited amounts of troop. Due to that, a lot of area can't be secured. Most Army units are one a 1 year home, 1 year deployed schedule. My guys got back two months ago, but we're set to leave June 2011 for Afghanistan. In terms of KIA, we have about 1 die a week in Iraq and 1-3 a day in Afghanistan. 
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ryanwho
@IIChristian89II said:
" I swear this will result in the world becoming a post apocalyptic waste land. If i get nuked because of  obama deciding to continue Americas 'we own the world' attitude there will be a lynching at hand...  "
You could pick your words a little better.
luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By luce

I feel like a baby in this thread...

Wtf is going on?!?

LincoIn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By LincoIn

I sure hope there isn't a draft.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By KaosAngel
@luce said:
" I feel like a baby in this thread...  Wtf is going on?!? "
America might save the world again...but this time with Obama.
TomWhitbrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TomWhitbrook
@Hamz: Why would they mean it this time, when they haven't in any of the previous 5 decades?
Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Detrian

This is such a good chance to post this documentary:

In The Wounded Platoon, FRONTLINE investigates a single Fort Carson platoon of infantrymen -- the 3rd Platoon, Charlie Company, 1st Battalion, 506th Infantry -- and finds, after a long journey, a group of young men changed by war and battling a range of psychiatric disorders that many blame for their violent and self-destructive behavior. Since returning from Iraq, three members of the 3rd Platoon have been convicted on murder or attempted murder charges; one has been jailed for drunk driving and another for assaulting his wife; and one has attempted suicide.

Free to watch online and a real eye-opener.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Pinworm45

But how does this affect Starcraft 2?

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#60  Edited By OllyOxenFree

We're all gonna diiiiieeeeeee.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ryanwho
@Pinworm45 said:
" But how does this affect Starcraft 2? "
When Obama found out the Starcraft competition game fixers were North Korean, that was the last straw.
Avatar image for supersecretagenda
SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Detrian said:
" This is such a good chance to post this documentary:

In The Wounded Platoon, FRONTLINE investigates a single Fort Carson platoon of infantrymen -- the 3rd Platoon, Charlie Company, 1st Battalion, 506th Infantry -- and finds, after a long journey, a group of young men changed by war and battling a range of psychiatric disorders that many blame for their violent and self-destructive behavior. Since returning from Iraq, three members of the 3rd Platoon have been convicted on murder or attempted murder charges; one has been jailed for drunk driving and another for assaulting his wife; and one has attempted suicide.

Free to watch online and a real eye-opener. "
You know we got mental therapy for soldiers, right? It's not like it's just 'OH HEY YOU FOUGHT OKAY GL ON YOUR OWN NOW'.
mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#63  Edited By mikemcn

Sweet, lets wipe North Korea off the map

Now that the conservative (Or maybe thats more liberal?, i really shouldn't label these things, its too much of a gray area.) Republican side of me has had it's say let me point out that its unlikely Korea would be stupid enough to make any sort of real move, if anyones going to be the aggressor its going to be the South. Although if China says it will back up NK , im going to be drafted sometime next year.

Jasonofindy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By Jasonofindy
@mutha3 said:
" In no way will China or Russia back NK up if this war happens.. "

This may be true and is hopefully the case.  However, if you look at editorial pages from 60 years ago you'll find many opinions that neither country would militarily intervene and yet we ended up fighting state of the art MiG jets piloted by Russians and faced human wave attacks from Chinese army soldiers that shoved US/UN/ROK forces all the way back from the Yalu down to the current DMZ (farther in many locations).   

Does it seem unlikely at this time that china would attack its biggest trading partner?  Yes.  However, it would be unsurprising for them to see it as a chance to fully ascend to superpower status and/or use it as political leverage against us to force us to look the other way as they finally end the Taiwan issue.
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By TheHBK

About fucking time.  Lets go take care of business.  Thos sons of bitches have acted tough for too long thinking think can dick around with fake nuclear weapons and break a truce that they have with the south?  We aint the ones that started this war, they are.  And dont worry folks, in the nuclear arms department, north korea aint got shit. And whatever they do have, american will use what we got and wipe those communist bastards off the face of the planet.
Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Binman88
@BraveFart said:
" Scary stuff. why can't they just turn some YMCA on and dance together in peace ? "
Exactly. They should all just relax.
Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Turambar
@EpicSteve said:
" For you religious folk:  This would mean a war against China as well, which the last prophecy in the Bible. I'm not a man of God, but that's strange.  "
I highly doubt China would.  They have far too much stake in the current wold order that they're not about to risk military conflict for the sake of a neighboring country who has been so volatile that even they have been willing to at least exert some diplomatic pressure.  The previous Korean War was a far different time and political environment.  

Also, don't think the book of revelations actually says that...
Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Detrian
@SuperSecretAgenda said:

" @Detrian said:

" This is such a good chance to post t his documentary:

You know we got mental therapy for soldiers, right? It's not like it's just 'OH HEY YOU FOUGHT OKAY GL ON YOUR OWN NOW'. "
I seem to have answered you in a private message so I'm sorry: Stop being stupid and actually the thing. 

Spoilers: Most your soldiers don't seek counseling because they are afraid they'll be seen as sissies and even with the few that do mental hospitals are swamped and can't handle all cases.
Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Capum15
@Binman88 said:

" @BraveFart said:

" Scary stuff. why can't they just turn some YMCA on and dance together in peace ? "
Exactly. They should all just relax. "
Idea - Get tons and tons of weed, light it up and air drop it all over North Korea, then follow up with Dorito's relief flights.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Snail
@AlwaysAngry said:
" At least he did one thing right so far. "
Fuck you.

No really, he's only done one thing so far? One thing? And where were you when Health Care happened? When he began closing Guantanamo Bay? When he became the first president to discuss an armistice with Russia? And I am listing some of the most significant ones here which cause an impact on the news overseas, by reading national newspapers I understand Obama has been thus far a great president.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#71  Edited By Cube

Well god damnit 

I hope nobody nukes Canada.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#72  Edited By mikemcn
@Binman88 said:

" @BraveFart said:

Exactly. They should all just relax. "

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#73  Edited By Phished0ne
@Detrian:  Thats a societal problem not a military problem, if dumb people dont want to goto therapy because its seen as "un-manly" behavior, thats their problem. You cant FORCE people to goto therapy. 

But on-topic,  I hate to say this, but it needs to be done, for several reasons, most of which have been pointed out by people before me.
RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#74  Edited By RichardLOlson

We are all going to die!!!  Break out the booze and pussy.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ryanwho
@Phished0ne said:
" @Detrian:   You cant FORCE people to goto therapy.   "
Um yeah you can.
fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By fynne

Unless Kim is crazier than he appears (always a possibility) there's not really any chance of war.  The NK forces are ill trained and equipped with cold war era crap.  After watching the US totally vaporize the Iraqi forces in mere weeks I think the NK army would evaporate even faster.  If SK does it investors will flee in droves.  We'll just see increased surveillance and antisubmarine patrols.  Also whatever isn't currently sanctioned on NK will probably be getting chopped soon.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By CL60

Finally.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#78  Edited By StarFoxA
@Hamz said:
" OH SHI-....CRYSIS IS ABOUT TO BECOME REALITY!  Calling it now, joint allied forces utilising nanosuit technology to invade North Korea. It is on! "
Wait... aren't there aliens in Crysis?

Oh god...
Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Phished0ne
@ryanwho: Yeah..i had like a stroke when i typed that donno what i was doing.  

I just wanted to make a smart-ass comment to the person who came  in this thread soley to shit on america. 

i apologize 
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#80  Edited By Cube

YOU BETTER PROTECT ME

Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Detrian
@Phished0ne said:
" @Detrian:  Thats a societal problem not a military problem, if dumb people dont want to goto therapy because its seen as "un-manly" behavior, thats their problem. You cant FORCE people to goto therapy.   But on-topic,  I hate to say this, but it needs to be done, for several reasons, most of which have been pointed out by people before me. "
Yeah...that's not how it happens. Soldiers are refusing counseling explicitly because they fear they might seem weak in front of their comrades. You should give that a watch.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By KaosAngel
@Snail said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
Fuck you.

No really, he's only done one thing so far? One thing? And where were you when Health Care happened? When he began closing Guantanamo Bay? When he became the first president to discuss an armistice with Russia? And I am listing some of the most significant ones here which cause an impact on the news overseas, by reading national newspapers I understand Obama has been thus far a great president. "
Not that I'm taking sides, but for people/famlies who make over $100,000/$200,000 a year...the Health Care Law is kinda shitty for us.  But then again, the will of many overtake the will of those who aren't part of the many.
Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Phished0ne
@Detrian:  seriously? do you even know what the word  "societal" means? Thanks for your condescending attitude, but did you even read my post? or just pop off a response telling me to watch some crappy docu?    

In case you need more explaining, I said that people refusing therapy because they will be seen as weak is a PROBLEM WITH SOCIETY, not exclusive to the military. Like that scene in sopranos where Tony dosent wanna goto Therapy because he is afraid the other mobsters will make fun of him for it. My point was, that you need to teach EVERYONE not just the military that going to therapy isnt "weak". 
TomWhitbrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By TomWhitbrook
@Jasonofindy: There's no genius political manipulator pulling the strings this time. This is just another round in the usual sabre rattling between the two Koreas that's been going on for decades.
Avatar image for iichristian89ii
IIChristian89II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By IIChristian89II

say a full on war does break out, does any one think it will go nuclear?

I'm not 100 percent on what North Korea apparently have or don't have. Or America for that matter.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Ace829
@KaosAngel said:
" @Snail said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
Fuck you.

No really, he's only done one thing so far? One thing? And where were you when Health Care happened? When he began closing Guantanamo Bay? When he became the first president to discuss an armistice with Russia? And I am listing some of the most significant ones here which cause an impact on the news overseas, by reading national newspapers I understand Obama has been thus far a great president. "
Not that I'm taking sides, but for people/famlies who make over $100,000/$200,000 a year...the Health Care Law is kinda shitty for us.  But then again, the will of many overtake the will of those who aren't part of the many. "
And that's what I love about democracy.
Jaserno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Jaserno
@IIChristian89II: I think nuclear deterrence would be the last thing on any military or political leaders mind, but I think the US would not be the ones to push the button. More of North Korea firing first sort of thing. But you never know. 
Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Detrian

@Phished0ne said:

" @Detrian:  seriously? do you even know what the word  "societal" means? Thanks for your condescending attitude, but did you even read my post? or just pop off a response telling me to watch some crappy docu?     In case you need more explaining, I said that people refusing therapy because they will be seen as weak is a PROBLEM WITH SOCIETY, not exclusive to the military. Like that scene in sopranos where Tony dosent wanna goto Therapy because he is afraid the other mobsters will make fun of him for it. My point was, that you need to teach EVERYONE not just the military that going to therapy isnt "weak".  "

So what's your fucking point? Just because it affects your regular Joe it's alright?
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Fallen189

Wow, thank God America are the fucking world police.

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#90  Edited By EdIsCool
@Ace829 said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @Snail said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
Fuck you.

Not that I'm taking sides, but for people/famlies who make over $100,000/$200,000 a year...the Health Care Law is kinda shitty for us.  But then again, the will of many overtake the will of those who aren't part of the many. "
And that's what I love about democracy. "
laughs at ridiculous people.
Jaserno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Jaserno

Does everybody use forum threads as a place to be a keyboard ninja?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#92  Edited By AgentJ

Damn it, if North Korea lobs a nuke over to the states I'm going to be right in the blast zone... I am completely in favor of liberating a country that actually has nukes, and which is essentially its leaders sandbox, but nuclear war... it's a scary thing...

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Phished0ne
@Detrian:  No, my point is that it cant be fixed by chastising the military for it, its not the military's fault.  You were using it as a point to lambast the armed forces, which is not at all appropriate.  I mean, if you were going to say , The military should do more to make sure the people picked to be soldiers are mentally stable beforehand,  then i would let it pass.   But you cant solely blame soldiers for something that is a problem with society as a whole.  

Its like saying  "we need to stop college students from becoming alcoholics"..when it really should be "we need to deter everyone from becoming alcoholics".
Jaserno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Jaserno
@Phished0ne said:
   Its like saying  "we need to stop college students from becoming alcoholics"..when it really should be "we need to deter everyone from becoming alcoholics". "

Please don't. I like drinking :) 
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By TheFreeMan

In the words of the fella from Avatar: "Let's just take this down a couple of notches, please".

But seriously, no nukes please.

Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Detrian
@Phished0ne said:
" @Detrian:  No, my point is that it cant be fixed by chastising the military for it, its not the military's fault.  You were using it as a point to lambast the armed forces, which is not at all appropriate.  I mean, if you were going to say , The military should do more to make sure the people picked to be soldiers are mentally stable beforehand,  then i would let it pass.   But you cant solely blame soldiers for something that is a problem with society as a whole.   Its like saying  "we need to stop college students from becoming alcoholics"..when it really should be "we need to deter everyone from becoming alcoholics". "
Oh my god how can you be so stupid...soldiers are refusing counseling from their own military psychiatrics for post traumatic stress disorder.It's an exclusively military issue born from military BE STRONG mentality. Maybe if you stopped blindly trying to defend the pussies you call soldiers you would have actually seen a bit of that documentary instead of coming here and spouting your soap opera knowledge and chest thumping USA USA USA faggotry.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Snail
@KaosAngel said:
" @Snail said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
Fuck you.

I hope you realize how terrible, selfish and obnoxious that sounded.
Avatar image for supersecretagenda
SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Detrian said:

" @SuperSecretAgenda said:

" @Detrian said:

" This is such a good chance to post t his documentary:

You know we got mental therapy for soldiers, right? It's not like it's just 'OH HEY YOU FOUGHT OKAY GL ON YOUR OWN NOW'. "
I seem to have answered you in a private message so I'm sorry: Stop being stupid and actually the thing.    Spoilers: Most your soldiers don't seek counseling because they are afraid they'll be seen as sissies and even with the few that do mental hospitals are swamped and can't handle all cases. "
...I don'tt think we've ever spoken (Typed?) to eachother before. So...why the hell would you send me a PM? Did you send me a PM? Because I don't have one from you.

Anyway, that is not our fault, that is the soldier's fault. The therapy is there though.  Are you to blame us for their decisions?

It's like not going to the doctor after finding out you have a sickness that will be fatal if not treated. Are we to blame the patient for not going to the doctor, or the doctor for...whatever reason you can think of. I'm sure you can find one.
Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Phished0ne
@Detrian:  OH MY GOD, is what i should be saying to you, you dont even understand what i am trying to say to you...so i will stop. But i will say one more thing dude, you dont know me, you dont know my political affiliations, and i am offended that you assume because i live in america i wear a Red white and blue striped suit and lead the "America can do no wrong" parade.    

Thank you for proving your stupidity to everyone in this thread 

Seacrest OUT
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By KaosAngel
@Snail: No, becuase people who do make that much feel that they are paying for it.  Most people in that income bracket have business health care or have their own, and don't see why their system has to break down.  You need to see it from their perspective too, they end up paying more now.