SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@xMP44x said:
" Oh sweet Jesus. Granted, he is doing a service to the South Koreans and stuff, but I do not want to wake up some morning to hear that the US, and therefore the UK, are in a war against North Korea. Korea likely is allied with other countries... Russia anyone? And considering the nuclear capabilities of Korea, there's a chance they'll get the first nukes off in a nuclear war. China really should be the country to deal with this considering the fact they are neighbouring countries.. But apparently America polices the world for those who aren't willing to do it themselves. Fair play to Obama though - it takes some balls to tell troops news like that. "
I'd find it far more likely that North Korea is not aligned with anyone anymore, especially in their own region.  Russia is too deeply invested in post EU capitalism to wade in and it's really a lot simpler for everyone if NK goes out like a rogue state.  Kim Jong Il's messages in the press have done a lot of damage to NK's geopolitical future.
Duskwaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Duskwaith

Mac Arthur was right back in the 50s tbh. Should have been more careful going near the Yalu.

Today though, im all for liberating North Korea. Though kim ill-sung's house is as well fortified as a military base

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#153  Edited By stonyman65

Maybe now Obama will go over to DPRK  and personally apologize for the US this time too. lol 

But seriously, scary stuff, but if DPRK does start shit, then the whole war will basically be another Desert Storm.  We will go in with SK aides and destroy them.  I'll give it 2 months tops.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

The only way they would is if North Korea had nukes. If they fired them they  would be a big crater before they could realise what they have done. I hope North Korea aren't stupid enough to awaken the sleeping giant, they wouldn't stand a chance. I just hope South Korea and America can deal with it themselves, the US spends more on it's military than anybody else in the world put together. They shouldn't need anybody else's help.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#155  Edited By Snail
@GreggD said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @Snail: No, becuase people who do make that much feel that they are paying for it.  Most people in that income bracket have business health care or have their own, and don't see why their system has to break down.  You need to see it from their perspective too, they end up paying more now.  "
Exactly. As for the actual topic of this thread...it was bound to happen, sooner or later. "
I can't believe you. So you think Charlie, who is a kind who lives in Queens and has no money, should see his mother die of cancer because you can't stand to live a tad less comfortably? Amazing.
Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By auspiciousqueue

Korean War Part II.

But seriously, it sounds just like a precaution and somewhat of a warning.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#157  Edited By Dingofighter
@Hamz said:
" OH SHI-....CRYSIS IS ABOUT TO BECOME REALITY!  Calling it now, joint allied forces utilising nanosuit technology to invade North Korea. It is on! "
That was actually the exact same thing I thought when I saw this.
Jeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Jeffery

I thought Obama didn't like war. 

WTF

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Jeffery:  
  But not really.  I just thought it was a good chance to post that.

Anyways, I hope this doesn't escalate in to a big war, it probably won't, but you never know.
TomWhitbrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By TomWhitbrook

Guys, you have to understand how it works. Nk's leaders are not stupid. They will not risk open war because they know they will be annihilated. But the survival of the regime depends, completely and utterly, on them appearing to be a big world player thumbing their nose at everyone.  This is a show of "strength", of which there have been a huge number over the years, designed to reinforce the idea that the regime is strong, especially at a time when Kim Jong Il is clearly deteriorating in health and needs to secure the succession. Even if he were crazy enough to try it, and he isn't, China would stop all economic support and their entire army would grind to a starvation induced halt within a day. These belligerent acts are not to frighten the US, or China, or the ROK. They are for internal consumption only.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By GreggD
@Snail: Less comfortably? No. Less able to make ends meet? Yes. I have insurance, and we're still not in a comfortable state. Also, fuck you.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#162  Edited By FrankCanada97
@nanikore said:
" @FrankCanada97 said:
" @some1 said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @Xolare said:
" Am I the only one thing "About fucking time?" "
@ninjakiller said:
" About time. "
Not to say I think this is a war the US should necessarily be fighting (just assisting) its absolutely a worthy cause when you consider the humanitarian disaster that is North Korea. You can't claim to be a humanitarian then sit around while the kind of shit happening in N. Korea is being allowed to happen. Its kind of like Sweden claiming to be peaceful because they didn't take a side in WW2.  "
Dont you mean Switzerland "
Actually Sweden is the oldest neutral country in the world, haven't fought a war since 1814. "
Sweden is at war right now. "

Sorry, was too general. Hasn't been involved in a formally declared war since 1814.
Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#163  Edited By Dylabaloo

Well maybe now we won't have war games set in world war II all the time. But seriously hopefully shit doesn't hit the fan thankfully Ireland will just play it neutral but help out on the sly.  

These may also be a good time to plug this video documentary about what its like in North Korea as Shane Smith bribes officials to allow him across the border and *check* out the country and to be honest shits crazy over there as he said its like stepping into ''the land time forgot''. Linkfied!! (2 exlamation marks so you know i'm serious) The dude also reminds me of the GB crew. To see the other parts replace the 1 in the url with a 2.

btman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By btman

If shit does go down we need to get that girly dictator out of there.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's far safer if South Korea worked with China for a settlement. The threat of nuclear weapons is too risky for such a direct confrontation. At least Pyongyang have severed ties with Seoul instead of attacking the situation. Japan might even get involved too, come to think of it.

JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#166  Edited By JB16

There WILL NOT BE A WAR. N. Korea may be crazy but they aren't suicidal. Nobody, not even N. Korea wants a war, this is just simple posturing from both sides. Hell nobody has even mentioned conflict or war in their vocabulary, even N. Korea who usually happily take the blame for stuff like this is willing to cooperate with the investigation to an extent to prove their "innocence". 
S. Korea is going for more sanctions from the UN not preparing for war. So I don't get why the OP decided to post a misleading title like this.

Look Here is what's going to happen.

•  South Korea goes to the UN to impose stricter sanctions
  • China decides not to veto and the UN put more sanctions to further isolate an already isolated country
  • N. Korea makes some empty threats and test fires a few rockets in response to the sanctions
  • As a response the US and S. Korea put their military on full alert
  • A few days go by and N. Korea backs off
  • The US and S. Korea also back off
  • End of Crisis no war
  • 2-3 years later we do it all over again

This has been going on for decades so I don't get why everyone is acting like its something new.
SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Would be awesome.  Hope they re-instate the draft too.  Get rid of all the damn teens in my neighborhood.  Would also be fun to watch something interesting on the evening news.  Yesterday's top story was some old guy pretending to be a general.

Pretty awesome to live in a time, where major wars are just news to watch.  I like how no war has ever touched my life in anyway other then entertainment.

I look forward to the string of War movies that will be made.  I lubs war movies!  Hope we get a sweet anti-war movie like Apocolypse Now or Platoon too.  Those are great!

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By John1912
@IIChristian89II said:
" say a full on war does break out, does any one think it will go nuclear? I'm not 100 percent on what North Korea apparently have or don't have. Or America for that matter. "
God I hope not.  All hell will break loose if Korea uses a bomb.  War is bad enough with out them.  i really hope there is no need to ever use them again.  If one is ever used, WW3 is prob around the corner.
uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By uniform
@Dylabaloo said:
" These may also be a good time to plug this video documentary about what its like in North Korea as Shane Smith bribes officalls to allow him across the border and *check* out the country and to be honest shits crazy over there as he said its like stepping into ''the land time forgot''. Linkfied!! To see the other parts replace the 1 in the url with a 2. "
Thanks. I was fascinated watching this. Something made me feel very sad when they covered the "Tea Lady". You could see she was subdued, yet extremely happy for human contact. My God, how lonely it must be. I can't help but imagine her just going back to what she was doing before they arrived, knowing that it will be a damn long time before anyone else visits.
roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By roofy
@JB16 said:
" There WILL NOT BE A WAR. N. Korea may be crazy but they aren't suicidal. Nobody, not even N. Korea wants a war, this is just simple posturing from both sides. Hell nobody has even mentioned conflict or war in their vocabulary, even N. Korea who usually happily take the blame for stuff like this is willing to cooperate with the investigation to an extent to prove their "innocence". 
S. Korea is going for more sanctions from the UN not preparing for war. So I don't get why the OP decided to post a misleading title like this.

• China decides not to veto and the UN put more sanctions to further isolate an already isolated country
  • N. Korea makes some empty threats and test fires a few rockets in response to the sanctions
  • End of Crisis no war
 This has been going on for decades so I don't get why everyone is acting like its something new. "
haha this is too perfect
Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Dylabaloo
@uniform said:
" @Dylabaloo said:
" These may also be a good time to plug this video documentary about what its like in North Korea as Shane Smith bribes officalls to allow him across the border and *check* out the country and to be honest shits crazy over there as he said its like stepping into ''the land time forgot''. Linkfied!! To see the other parts replace the 1 in the url with a 2. "
Thanks. I was fascinated watching this. Something made me feel very sad when they covered the "Tea Lady". You could see she was subdued, yet extremely happy for human contact. My God, how lonely it must be. I can't help but imagine her just going back to what she was doing before they arrived, knowing that it will be a damn long time before anyone else visits. "
Its cool glad you watched it!  But you should really thank the dudes at screened.com for mentioning it in there podcast also thought It was pretty cool hearing this news just after I watched it. Yeah poor Tea Lady she looked like she was having so much fun as well finally playing table tennis, shows bleak life must be there keeping up this sharade that everything is perfect . The Anti-American videos that people were watching while he was on the boat was pretty funny. Atleast know you know! And Knowing is half the battle!
ElegantRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By ElegantRuby

Well it is the one country that should be brought down...I mean Iran?  Come on.  The can barely launch a missile across the street.  Korea can Nuke anyone in the world if they wanted.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@John1912 said:
" @IIChristian89II said:
" say a full on war does break out, does any one think it will go nuclear? I'm not 100 percent on what North Korea apparently have or don't have. Or America for that matter. "
God I hope not.  All hell will break loose if Korea uses a bomb.  War is bad enough with out them.  i really hope there is no need to ever use them again.  If one is ever used, WW3 is prob around the corner. "
Never going to happen.  The second Korea uses a bomb, the US would retalliate and use them back until there's nothing left of the country.
This is why there was a cold war with Russia way back when.  Both sides know they can kill one another, but the second they do, they'll be taken out themselves.  It's literally suicide.
jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By jmrwacko

Great. Now instead of waiting twenty more years for North Korea to starve itself to death like the USSR, we're going to invoke a war with a crazy dictator that has possible access to high-yield nuclear weapons. Can you say bye-bye American-Asian foreign relations? 

JB16, I wouldn't be so fast to write off war with North Korea. Your outline works when our President has common sense, but I think Obama has proved over the past two years that common sense is something he's somewhat lacking. And I'm sure the North Korean leadership is insane enough to risk nuclear devastation to try and take Seoul, if they actually decided to go through with their aggression.
threeve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By threeve
@KaosAngel said:
" ...how are we going to pay for it?  "
Plastic, like usual.
bunnyboiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By bunnyboiler

The situation is not getting any better. North Korea is officially severing all diplomatic ties with South Korea. They're also expelling South Korean workers from a joint industrial zone.  

News article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/may/25/north-korea-cuts-ties-south     

Pyongyang expels South Koreans in shared industrial zone as tit-for-tat row unravels last remnants of engagement policy

South Korean soldiers conduct a military drill near the demilitarized zone. Photograph: Reuters

North Korea today hit back at Seoul by announcing it would sever all links, escalating the standoff over accusations that the North sank a South's warship.

North Korea's state news agency KCNA also reported that Pyongyang would expel all South Koreans from a joint-industrial zone in Kaesong, near the border.

The announcement, leaves relations at their worst point for years. It came as a monitoring group in Seoul reported that the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-il, last week ordered his military to prepare for war in case the South attacks. Military officials in Seoul were unable to confirm the report, and said they had detected no unusual troop movements.

The North's statement followed and announcement by South Korea's president, Lee Myong-bak, that Seoul would suspend trade, ban Northern ships from its waters and take Pyongyang to the UN security council. This, he announced that Seoul would redesignate the North as its "main enemy" – a term it dropped six years ago, when relations were thawing.

Citing the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea, KCNA said Pyongyang would engage in no dialogue or contact while Lee was in power; he is due to leave office in 2013.

Relations on the divided peninsula deteriorated sharply after he became president last year, ending his predecessor's "sunshine policy" of free-flowing aid to the North.

KCNA described the retaliation as a response to Seoul's "smear campaign" – the accusation, based on a report by an international team, that a Northern torpedo caused the sinking in March of the Cheonan, which killed 46 people. Pyongyang denies any involvement.

Scott Snyder, director of the centre for US-Korea policy at the Asia Foundation, in Washington, said: "This is really the last phase of unwinding of this policy of engagement that had been in place between the Koreas since 1998. There is a level of hostility and lack of interaction that is unprecedented in that [12-year] period." .

He added: "The North Koreans view Lee Myong-bak's lack of commitment to the policy as the main source of conflict [that] has led to this set of events. That view is obviously not shared in South Korea."

Despite rising alarm at the tit-for-tat developments, analysts believe neither side wants military action, fearing the cost would prove too great. But they warn there is a risk of skirmishes, and that these could get out of hand.

Professor Hazel Smith, a North Korea expert at Cranfield University, said: "Wars sometimes happen by accident, or because you have escalation and no one can control it. It's a very dangerous position that everyone is in. .

"With all the communications channels being closed down, there is a lot of room for escalation by default."

But she added: "At some point, they will resume talking to each other, because there are no other options."

Several analysts have suggested that the North's proposal to send a team to investigate the sinking – a suggestion the South rejected – may have been intended as an opportunity for talks as well as propaganda.

Experts said the announcement appeared to mean Southern NGOs would no longer be able to work in the North, spelling an end to low-level economic and, in some cases, government links.

It also spells an end to hopes of reviving cross-border reunions between families split by the border at the end of the 1950-53 war.

Hillary Clinton called stability on the Korean peninsula a "shared responsibility" of China and the US as she wrapped up two days of strategic and economic bilateral talks in Beijing today, adding: "No one is more concerned about peace and stability in this region than the Chinese."

She said she believed her counterparts "understand the gravity of this situation", citing what she called productive and detailed conversations.

But one state counsellor, Dai Bingguo, merely repeated China's call for both sides to act calmly and refrain from escalating tension.

Clinton will tomorrow discuss the response with Lee as she visits Seoul, where the Chinese premier, Wen Jiabao, is due to visit on Friday.

Lee's office said the Russian president, Dmitry Medvedev, had said in a telephone call he "understands well" South Korea's moves, and would try to give an "appropriate signal" to North Korea.

The South's military resumed propaganda radio broadcasts across the border this morning after a six-year hiatus, with programmes airing news, western music and comparisons of the political and economic situations on the two parts of the peninsula.

The psychological warfare will enrage the North, which has warned it will fire at any propaganda facilities in the demilitarised zone.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#178  Edited By butano
@threeve said:

" @KaosAngel said:

" ...how are we going to pay for it?  "
Plastic, like usual. "
1 Low-Yield Tactical Nuclear Warhead : $100M
1 Mid Range Delivery Balistic Misile : $50M
1 strategic satelite monitering system : $200M
WW3 : Priceless.
NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By NoXious

Finally! What idiot bombs another countries ship, then complains that ANY action taken is a sign of aggression... Baffles my mind.
To top it off, the UN is scared as shit to do anything against North Korea... I am ASHAMED to live in a country that claims it's part of the UN.

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By one_2nd

This is worse than the Cold War because during that era only the major countries had nukes, now everyone has them. If anyone uses a nuke it will literally end the world because of all of the retaliation that'll go down. All it's gonna take to end the world is one crazy dictator with a nuke (North Korea). 

JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By JB16
@MrKadaver said:
" @JB16 said:
" There WILL NOT BE A WAR. N. Korea may be crazy but they aren't suicidal. Nobody, not even N. Korea wants a war, this is just simple posturing from both sides. Hell nobody has even mentioned conflict or war in their vocabulary, even N. Korea who usually happily take the blame for stuff like this is willing to cooperate with the investigation to an extent to prove their "innocence". 

• End of Crisis no war
 This has been going on for decades so I don't get why everyone is acting like its something new. "
This. But you need to add "Kim Jong-il proclaims victory" "
Damn I feel ashamed for not adding that step in lol.
TomWhitbrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By TomWhitbrook
@one_2nd: Only two more states possess nuclear weapons now than they did during the cold war.
mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#184  Edited By mikemcn

Still no war? Ok, i'll check back tommorrow.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Hourai

North Korea is a shithole. 

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By EdIsCool

But last night the plans of a future war
Was all I saw on Channel Four
Shoplifters of the world
Unite and take over

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#187  Edited By EpicSteve
@one_2nd said:
" This is worse than the Cold War because during that era only the major countries had nukes, now everyone has them. If anyone uses a nuke it will literally end the world because of all of the retaliation that'll go down. All it's gonna take to end the world is one crazy dictator with a nuke (North Korea).  "  
The countries with Nuclear Weapons are U.S., UK, China, North Korea, Pakistan, France, Russia, and India. 
Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Ragdrazi

Hey that's awesome. A collapsing economy and global influence, rapidly increasing international debt, the recent destruction a major and economically critical metropolitan center, a massive disaster across the length of our southern shore, and now not two but three wars! It is as if we are saying yes, yes I really want America to collapse. I really want it to happen within the next ten years.  
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Jimbo
@EpicSteve said:
" @one_2nd said:
" This is worse than the Cold War because during that era only the major countries had nukes, now everyone has them. If anyone uses a nuke it will literally end the world because of all of the retaliation that'll go down. All it's gonna take to end the world is one crazy dictator with a nuke (North Korea).  "  
The countries with Nuclear Weapons are U.S., UK, China, North Korea, Pakistan, France, Russia, and India.  "
Israel.
Kolonel_Kool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Kolonel_Kool

Your one world government is looming.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By ryanwho
@Detrian said:
"                           "
GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY

Drop one nuke on Kim's palace. War over. Dictatorship over. The Kim regime is the sole source of power in N Korea and his personal guard are the only ones holding it all together. Kill them and you free the country.

TomWhitbrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By TomWhitbrook
@GIVEMEREPLAY: China isn't going to like it if you set off nukes in their own back yard. If you're going down the decapitation route, then a conventional rapid strike spearheaded by special forces would be far more effective, internationally acceptable, and would have the advantage of not killing a bunch of innocent people. 
Not that either option is realistic. Both the Chinese and South Koreans have a vested interest in the survival of the regime in NK. The issue for them is containment, not liberation.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#194  Edited By natetodamax
@EpicSteve said:
" @one_2nd said:
The countries with Nuclear Weapons are U.S., UK, China, North Korea, Pakistan, France, Russia, and India.  "
Whoa whoa whoa WHOA hold on! France has nukes? Since when? The hell.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#195  Edited By Red12b
@natetodamax said:

" @EpicSteve said:

" @one_2nd said:
Whoa whoa whoa WHOA hold on! France has nukes? Since when? The hell. "
Are you fucking kidding me?  

Have you never heard of Nuclear testing in the pacific? 
The fuck are they teaching you in school?  
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#196  Edited By natetodamax
@Red12b: We don't study or learn about nukes in school. Calm down.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Red12b
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Red12b
@natetodamax: Heh, you must have the thought that France is a weak country? freedom fries and all that bullshit, 

these guys will fuck you up, they don't care, the French aren't weak, they operate behind closed doors and plant bombs in other countries. 
Avatar image for nikoalexander57
NikoAlexander57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By NikoAlexander57

I believe " The shit has hit the fan." fits the post.

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By one_2nd
@EpicSteve: That's what I'm talking about.. Back then it was the US and Russia.