Oh my god! (The Walking Dead Season Premiere!)

• 64 results
Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Sooperspy

Ok. Whew. That was fucking great.

That entire episode I was on the edge of my seat. Even though Darabont is gone, and the writing staff is completely different, it seems this show is just as good as it was last season.

That ending was fucking nuts! I thought I knew what was going to happen (If you've read the comics, you'd understand what I mean), and then the complete opposite happened.

What did you think of the premiere?

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By baconbits33

I haven't seen it yet, no TV.... but I'm dying to see it, it looks amazing. Gonna be a good year lol.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Funzzo

Just watched and I am a bit disappointed. There was 10 minuets of plot stretched over 90 minuets of that 90 half were commericals. Hope this show picks up the pace a little.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I didn't get to see it, too busy with college shit. When is it supposed to come to Netflix? The screened article I read made it seem like it would come to Netflix sometime around the time it premiered on TV. (Please PM or @ reply me, I don't want to read through this thread in case of unintentional spoilage.)

tobygw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By tobygw

@Funzzo said:

Just watched and I am a bit disappointed. There was 10 minuets of plot stretched over 90 minuets of that 90 half were commericals. Hope this show picks up the pace a little.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Brendan

Dear lord that ending. So pumped.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By williamhenry

@Redbullet685 said:

Ok. Whew. That was fucking great.

That entire episode I was on the edge of my seat. Even though Darabont is gone, and the writing staff is completely different, it seems this show is just as good as it was last season.

That ending was fucking nuts! I thought I knew what was going to happen (If you've read the comics, you'd understand what I mean), and then the complete opposite happened.

What did you think of the premiere?

Did you watch the same show as everyone else? Edge of your seat? That episode was boring as hell. It was them walking in the woods for 90 minutes. Nothing happened until the last 30 seconds. This show better pick up soon or I'm giving up on it.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sooperspy

@WilliamHenry: First off, the "herd" coming down the highway part was amazing, and was tense as all hell, especially with T-Dog and Andrea.

The moments between Shane and Lori, and Andrea and Dale were great. It had lots of zombie killing (Zombies looked great, too). Finally, the last part was fucking out of nowhere and I loved it.

There were down moments, but the whole time I couldn't wait to see what was gonna happen next.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Afroman269

@tobygw said:

@Funzzo said:

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By SSully

I liked it. It wasn't the best thing ever, but I enjoyed the time I had with it. They could have put more substance into it, it was pretty damn useless with them looking for the girl half the episode.

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Rudyftw

NO SHUT UP!

IT HASN'T PREMIERED YET IN THE WEST COAST!

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SlightConfuse

episdoe was really underwelming, so much talking and nothing happing

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By wjb

I thought the premiere was decent; had some highs, had some lows. Considering I disliked two-thirds of last season (like, a lot), Season 2 looks like it might be headed toward some improvement. Hopefully...

The beginning was great, despite the fact I had already saw the gist of it in previews. Very tense. No one died, and even though people fucked up like Andrea and T-Dog (ugh, might as well call him Black Guy), it was believable mistakes and not cliched horror genre bullshit.

The biggest gripe is the whole relationship between Lori and Shane. She didn't want him anywhere near her family because he lied about Grimes (except he sincerely thought Grimes was dead), and it gets to a boiling point where he tries to rape her out of jealousy at the CDC, but then gets mad at him during this episode when Shane is basically doing what she asked him to do? Uhh, what? Then she gets upset when he thinks about leaving the group? I understand she probably doesn't want Rick to find out about her and Shane, and Shane acting like an "uncle" to Carl (haha, Carl...) would make things appear normal and totally cover up the fact that Lori and Shane used to raw-dog in the woods -- fair enough! -- but Shane, despite the fact that he's a scumbag, is abiding by her wishes. MAKE UP YO MIND, WOMAN! THIS GUY TRIED TO SEXUALLY ASSAULT YOU! I really dislike both these characters, you guys.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kermoosh

i thought it was great, a bit different from the comic but good to see a different story.

now i forgot the cliffhanger, (was doing homework) how did it end?

other than me forgetting the ending, i liked seeing more of the crossbow guy(sorry forgot his name). i liked seeing his as a hunter and rick as a leader, working together and such

Mikewrestler5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mikewrestler5

The ending was pretty intense.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By TheHT

The whole horde part was fantastic. Andrea telling of Dale was good too, and the very, very end was exciting. Everything else was OK, but given all the commercials that they didn't show for the first 30 minutes that they seemed to stuff into the middle/end, it dragged on like a motherfucker.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sooperspy

@kermoosh said:

i thought it was great, a bit different from the comic but good to see a different story.

other than me forgetting the ending, i liked seeing more of the crossbow guy(sorry forgot his name). i liked seeing his as a hunter and rick as a leader, working together and such

Daryl is the hunter guy.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Contro

O'really, I had no idea it was on, I.must download that asap.

Watched it:

I would have been happy if that suicidal women had shot herself, she's fucking annoying...

Not happy about the ending, I expected a miracle god dammit!

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Chop

Awful.

The writers have no idea how to write compelling characters. Does anyone even remember most of the characters names? T-Dog is clearly the only good thing about the show!

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By iam3green

it seemed slow from what is saw. one good thing i liked was when they were dissecting one of the zombies looking for something.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21  Edited By Skald

The opening was fantastic! Almost no dialogue for the first twenty minutes, and it was tense as hell.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Chop

The opening was good until you remember that the zombies are supposed to sense by smell and that they are apparently ghost zombies. Just randomly appeared ten feet away then vanished ten seconds after they passed the group.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By OneManX

I like the slow opening and every set piece felt like a good tense moment from bad, going to worse, to okay we made it, to oh no to HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

I dug the escalation in this ep and I like that how the pressure is starting to make Rick crack, Im hyped for the next episode.

But I do agree, this didn't need to be a 90-minute show.

antonyhawk65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By antonyhawk65

@Chop: Yeah, that part definitely confused me. Honestly, shouldn't the zombies have sensed them in such a close proximity--especially since there were so many of them.

Also, I thought the ending was a bit silly--although if it's going where I think it's going, then awesome.

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rudyftw

I think it was very important that they focused more on character development this season and thats exactly what they did. Last season focused ENTIRELY of the whole Shane, Lori and Rick love triangle and that was really it. They are showing more of the groups struggles within itself and they're showing how fragile everything and everyone is. NO ONE IS SAFE.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheFreeMan

The beginning was great - the scene with the herd was very intense and the makeup make the zombies pretty creepy. the end was a pretty crazy abrupt ending, i dug it. unfortunately everything about searching in the woods was pretty slow and annoying, rick's wife is crazy and annoying and can't make up her mind about shane, two scenes of characters desperately praying felt a little redundant, and blonde lady, though sorta justified in telling Dale off, acted like a total bitch the rest of the episode, apparently cause she couldn't hold her gun. oy vey. i understand that these characters are getting pushed to their breaking point but i'm finding it really hard to care about a lot of them.

but the zombie killing was good and i'm liking daryl more and more. this show was awesome the very first episode, but it went steadily downhill. this last episode was mixed for me. i hope it gets better.

billy_batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By billy_batson

Comic Vine is over there --->
BB

Balex1908

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Balex1908

I could have done without all the praying, but at least they got punished for that.

This show needs more likeable characters, right now everytime someone gets shot or eaten by a zombie I dont really care. They are trying to do the "Lost thing" and create a world where nobody is save and everybody can die at any moment, which I think they have accomplished, but if you hate most of the characters it doesnt really matter.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Contro

@antonyhawk65 said:

@Chop: Yeah, that part definitely confused me. Honestly, shouldn't the zombies have sensed them in such a close proximity--especially since there were so many of them.

Also, I thought the ending was a bit silly--although if it's going where I think it's going, then awesome.

They were surrounded by rotting flesh, which would have masked their scents while they stayed low. They also covered themselves with a dead body or two when needed.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By swoxx

Frankly the year long wait got me kind of pissed of with the whole series. Had to go back and re-watch the previous episodes, but damn that is one good show.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Balex1908 said:

I could have done without all the praying, but at least they got punished for that.

I lol'd.

I missed the last ten minutes because I fell asleep :(

I have it recorded though so I will watch it when I get home.

I liked what I saw. Could have used more zombie killing.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MezZa

Was a pretty good episode. The tense beginning with the walker herd had me on the edge of my seat. I thought T-dog was gone for sure. Then the ending, damn. It didn't feel like it needed to be 90 minutes, but that's about the only negative I can really say. The clip for next weeks episode that they showed on talking dead after looked great as well, so I'm looking forward to that.

@Chop said:

The opening was good until you remember that the zombies are supposed to sense by smell and that they are apparently ghost zombies. Just randomly appeared ten feet away then vanished ten seconds after they passed the group.

They sense if something is living food by smell. They don't use that sense to track or hunt like a dog. Even if they did smell living out of all of the dead bodies they wouldn't have been able to pin point it's location. Sound and sight are more important. Which was shown when Andrea was fumbling with her gun and attracted the attention of the winnebago walker.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kermoosh

@Redbullet685 said:

@kermoosh said:

Daryl is the hunter guy.

thanks bro, yea that was insane, however i read the comics so it didn't have the same shock value as others may have had

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Rudyftw

@Balex1908 said:

This show needs more likeable characters, right now everytime someone gets shot or eaten by a zombie I dont really care. They are trying to do the "Lost thing" and create a world where nobody is save and everybody can die at any moment, which I think they have accomplished, but if you hate most of the characters it doesnt really matter.

Why does it bother you that 2 of them prayed? And Rick didn't really pray, he only did that as a last resort...

And if Carl getting shot was Gods "Sign" that Rick wanted or a "punishment" as you say than at least that means hes there.

quemador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By quemador

I try to watch the first episode on netflix, and did not like it... I kind of dig breaking bad more .

quemador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By quemador

I try to watch the first episode on netflix, and did not like it... I kind of dig breaking bad more .

TearsInRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TearsInRain

I'm honestly a little disappointed with the direction the show is going. It is good yes but it strayed from the comics a long time ago, and those were by far better. If it stayed true to the story it would be even better then it is.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Arker101

I watched all of the first season on Netflix before the premier. I love this show.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DeF
@xobballox said:

I didn't get to see it, too busy with college shit. When is it supposed to come to Netflix? The screened article I read made it seem like it would come to Netflix sometime around the time it premiered on TV. (Please PM or @ reply me, I don't want to read through this thread in case of unintentional spoilage.)

it's coming to netflix shortly before season 3 starts ...so you might wanna check out alternate ways to catch up on what you missed.

also: why is nobody using the screened forums for movie/tv discussions?
Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rudyftw

@TearsInRain said:

I'm honestly a little disappointed with the direction the show is going. It is good yes but it strayed from the comics a long time ago, and those were by far better. If it stayed true to the story it would be even better then it is.

I love the show because it's different from the comics, but I agree that it would be 10 times better if they stuck to the original masterpiece. I feel like less people would be less disappointed in the series if it went down the way it was suppose to.

djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By djstyles92

Love loved loved it. Fuck the haters

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#42  Edited By gamb1t

@will_leisure said:

I thought the premiere was decent; had some highs, had some lows. Considering I disliked two-thirds of last season (like, a lot), Season 2 looks like it might be headed toward some improvement. Hopefully...

The beginning was great, despite the fact I had already saw the gist of it in previews. Very tense. No one died, and even though people fucked up like Andrea and T-Dog (ugh, might as well call him Black Guy), it was believable mistakes and not cliched horror genre bullshit.

The biggest gripe is the whole relationship between Lori and Shane. She didn't want him anywhere near her family because he lied about Grimes (except he sincerely thought Grimes was dead), and it gets to a boiling point where he tries to rape her out of jealousy at the CDC, but then gets mad at him during this episode when Shane is basically doing what she asked him to do? Uhh, what? Then she gets upset when he thinks about leaving the group? I understand she probably doesn't want Rick to find out about her and Shane, and Shane acting like an "uncle" to Carl (haha, Carl...) would make things appear normal and totally cover up the fact that Lori and Shane used to raw-dog in the woods -- fair enough! -- but Shane, despite the fact that he's a scumbag, is abiding by her wishes. MAKE UP YO MIND, WOMAN! THIS GUY TRIED TO SEXUALLY ASSAULT YOU! I really dislike both these characters, you guys.

yea i was thinking the same last night, but thinking about it now.......sounds EXACTLY like a female move, impressed by the writing now lol

asger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By asger

I liked it a lot. Looking forward to the next one!

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ninjakiller

I thought it was slow. The comic is 100Xs better than the show imo.

The part with Rick's son getting shot is lifted directly from the comic btw.

Balex1908

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Balex1908

@Rudyftw said:

@Balex1908 said:

Why does it bother you that 2 of them prayed? And Rick didn't really pray, he only did that as a last resort...

And if Carl getting shot was Gods "Sign" that Rick wanted or a "punishment" as you say than at least that means hes there.

It has nothing to do with religion, I thought the monologue in the beginning was enough, but then we get two more monologues(disguised as prayers) in five minutes, and they were pretty much the same (I am a sinner or a not believer, please help me...). It killed the pacing of the whole episode. I can see why they put Rick in there who is asking for a sign, how his prayer was answered is interesting. But did we really need the Mom, praying for a couple of minutes? A shot where we see her praying, would have told us everything we need to know without needless exposition.

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Rudyftw

@Balex1908 said:

@Rudyftw said:

@Balex1908 said:

It has nothing to do with religion, I thought the monologue in the beginning was enough, but then we get two more monologues(disguised as prayers) in five minutes, and they were pretty much the same (I am a sinner or a not believer, please help me...). It killed the pacing of the whole episode. I can see why they put Rick in there who is asking for a sign, how his prayer was answered is pretty interesting. But did we really need the Mom, praying for a couple of minutes? A shot where we see her praying, would have told us everything we need to know.

I like Rick's prayer. It showed desperation and that was pretty interesting, but as far as the mom praying, I agree. It was just a way for them to stretch the show into a 90 minute slot.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#47  Edited By SMTDante89

@DeF said:

also: why is nobody using the screened forums for movie/tv discussions?

Because not everyone goes to the Screened forums, so they post in the off-topic forum to get discussion for those that like to stay on one forum.

As for the episode, I liked it. I'm surprised a few people who have read the comics found the end to be shocking since it happened in the comics, but without the deer.

nywt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By nywt

@will_leisure said:

You're going to sit there and tell me that someone making a noise just as the zombie/murderer/monster is about to leave earshot, only to turn around and discover their hiding location isn't a horror cliche? Next you're going to tell me that "stealthy zombies" who suddenly appear by the hundreds and sneak up on two guys keeping watch isn't a cliche.

Slayeric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#49  Edited By Slayeric

@billy_batson said:

Comic Vine is over there --->
BB

No Caption Provided

SpartanAmbrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SpartanAmbrose

It's no Breaking Bad, but I enjoyed the season premiere nonetheless.