Old message boards

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What are some of the oldest forum posts you have found? I'm curious to see old computer and gaming talk.

hnke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#3 fisk0  Moderator

Yeah, parts of Usenet still have posts from the late 70's, though most of the archives start around 1987 or so.

I really like going to their game specific groups and reading the contemporary discussions about Descent (alt.games.descent) and Duke Nukem 3D (alt.games.duke3d) where people posted their new levels and stuff, sometimes you find url's in there that have been archived by the Internet Archive and find a goldmine of old levels that haven't been archived on the current community sites like Duke4 or D2X.

There's also csoon.com which was last updated in 2000, and still highlights their E3 1997 coverage.

A lot of my favorite old forums have disappeared in the last few years though, there was newdoom.com and some build engine forums with posts dating back to around 1997 or so.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WynnDuffy

I tried the search engine above but they want me to pay to use it now! Crazy.

I found better results from Google Groups, stuff like this is fascinatingly mundane! Plenty more where that came from too.