Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Was There ever some guy that you met online in a game that made you mad but you were being polite to him/her? 

This happened to me in the first BlazBlue.  Some guy I met online was acting like a fanboy bashing the Street Fighter games and pretty much every game that wasn't BlazBlue.  I mentioned Arkham Asylum he told me it was shit because it had no batmobile open world driving.  I mention God Of War 3 coming out he said he'd only watch the story on youtube because the story was all that mattered.  I mention a game not on PS3 he would say that those guys were retarded.  But I chose to be patient with him and not turn it into a fight. 

Anyone else just ignore or humor those people while acting polite or do you just condemn them.  I'd like to hear your online stories.

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By blazerx9x

You bet, I remember I was playing uncharted 2 with a few friends, then some dude told me to suck his cock after I slickly killed him with a propane tank, yeah, that pissed me off

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

Every damn kid under 16 years old that I deal with on XBL or PSN. 

I put them on my DEAD TO ME list.

Tea Baggers Go Back To Bothering Liberals! 
Berezov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Berezov
  • People who completely ignore features in games. 
  • People who will play a game for 5 minutes and say it sucks, RPG's are prone to this. 
  • People who don't care about stories in story driven games, GTA IV is a good example. 

inhaleandvomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By inhaleandvomit

um, nearly every multiplayer co-op session of borderlands i have ever joined.  if my mic's off, the host will make fun of my gamertag and kick me unceremoniously.  if my mic's on, i either get harassed for being female, or else bombarded with PMs (guys seriously send me pictures of their acne-scarred 17 year old faces.  why?).

once, i played for a while with two guys in their late twenties, coworkers finishing up a stretch of gameplay.  they were friendly, respectful, and i was pretty relieved to have come across co-op buddies who weren't teenagers.  shortly after the host ended the game, claiming he had to get to bed early, he requested a voice chat with me.  thinking he wanted to coordinate a future gaming date/time, i accepted.  he asked me what i looked like.  when i told him it wasn't relevant, he started interrogating me for my measurements. 

"are you pretty?" he asked.

WUT.

"i don't feel comfortable answering that."

he then proceeded to describe himself, physically, and asked me if any of it interested me.  i told him no, that i wasn't down to  acquire e-dates via xbox.

"i'm just here to game, dude," i explained.

"yeah right, you seem like you're the kind of girl who wants a good time," he countered.

uh, good time playing borderlands.  not flirting with a creepster via my shitty headset.  and i don't know what about me discussing the fire rate of my hellfire smg or how awesome mass effect 2 was qualifies as trolling for an internet boyfriend.  secondly, telling a girl that she "seems" like she "wants a good time" is a defense commonly invoked by rapists.  if i engaged in the same kind of unnervingly aggressive, creepy behavior with some boy 7 years my junior via xbox live, i'd probably get arrested.

MadeinFinland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By MadeinFinland
@inhaleandvomit said:
"

um, nearly every multiplayer co-op session of borderlands i have ever joined.  if my mic's off, the host will make fun of my gamertag and kick me unceremoniously.  if my mic's on, i either get harassed for being female, or else bombarded with PMs (guys seriously send me pictures of their acne-scarred 17 year old faces.  why?).

once, i played for a while with two guys in their late twenties, coworkers finishing up a stretch of gameplay.  they were friendly, respectful, and i was pretty relieved to have come across co-op buddies who weren't teenagers.  shortly after the host ended the game, claiming he had to get to bed early, he requested a voice chat with me.  thinking he wanted to coordinate a future gaming date/time, i accepted.  he asked me what i looked like.  when i told him it wasn't relevant, he started interrogating me for my measurements. 

WUT.

he then proceeded to describe himself, physically, and asked me if any of it interested me.  i told him no, that i wasn't down to  acquire e-dates via xbox.

"yeah right, you seem like you're the kind of girl who wants a good time," he countered.

uh, good time playing borderlands.  not flirting with a creepster via my shitty headset.  and i don't know what about me discussing the fire rate of my hellfire smg or how awesome mass effect 2 was qualifies as trolling for an internet boyfriend.  secondly, telling a girl that she "seems" like she "wants a good time" is a defense commonly invoked by rapists.  if i engaged in the same kind of unnervingly aggressive, creepy behavior with some boy 7 years my junior via xbox live, i'd probably get arrested.

"
well, that tops my least-favourite gaming moment.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By teh_destroyer

I don't let them do that, I usually just kill them a second time just to make them shut up :).

Trnck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Trnck
@Berezov said:
"
  • People who completely ignore features in games. 
  • People who will play a game for 5 minutes and say it sucks, RPG's are prone to this. 
  • People who don't care about stories in story driven games, GTA IV is a good example. 

"
My first playthrough of GTA 4 is cutscene-less.
I just want more gameplay.
ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By ReyGitano

The most recent example I can give is while doing an arena for Mad Moxxi there was this kid with a mod that made our health constantly 0 whenever he joined. We had to go back two rounds because of him. 
I hate him with about 80% of my soul.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By scarace360

People who call you a noob. Everyone was a noob at one point.
People who talk shit about winning when they won by about 1 point
People who call you a cheater or a cock sucker for using something that they deem cheap. " grabs"
People who make threats over the internet. I am still waiting for those kids who said they would shoot me over psn. COME ON IM STILL WAITING.
People who are stupid in general.

Leevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Leevz
@inhaleandvomit said:
"

WUT.

"
wow, Girls get it WAY worse than guys the worsed I ever get are empty threats and gay jokes
mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mano521

people who get way too serious over the game. theyre usually the first ones to go if i decide to tk 
people who only play games for multiplayer when the game clearly has a strong singleplayer

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Dumbasses are to be made fun of. If someone starts acting all bitchy about something, that's when you slap on your happy face and harass them until they cry. There's a reason I'm permabanned from many a forum, WoW's official ones included, and have had my account(s) suspended on several occasions.

Can't help it. I guess what really irks me and makes me go out of my way to make someone miserable is when they join a game with an obviously game-carrying mechanic or otherwise foundational part, and then whines about exactly that - Like going onto WoW roleplaying servers and complaining about roleplayers, or whining about people being able to shoot you with their rifles even if you're teh l33t sn1per hiding in the same damn place all the time, or saying a game is "broken" just because you refuse to adapt to it (This, as in the massive whine Bad Company 2 received because people were unable to go prone. This does however not apply to the model 1887 akimbo bullshit of MW2, fuck that.) and so on. I've actually seen people playing Gears online complaining during multiplayer that "this shuld hav been fps.", even people who seem partially intellectual spew their bullshit at times that just sets me off onto another crusade for justice.

Added to my list: Guys in games who just go nuts whenever there is a girl nearby and loses all kind of brain activity as a result, vegetable state due to hormones. Also, girls who have to be fucking obvious about it. "I'm a girl gamer! LOOKATMEEE! Give me gold! Buy me in-game stuff! I want that item, lé giggle!". World of Warcraft guilds have a tendency of actually breaking up due to these two kinds. Especially if, gods forbid, there are TWO girls in the same guild competing for the attention. Holy shit, people need to take sides DAY ONE. And they will, the damn numbskulls.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mazik765

I get a lot of black racial slurs on XBox live...which is odd because I'm white. Guess it's my voice?

I used to play WoW and a kid in my guild who we were trying to help get geared for tanking kept insisting that various payer spells were blocking his heals or somehow messing up his ability to tank (e.g. you're soulstone is blocking the priests heals noob!)

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jasta
@inhaleandvomit said:
"

WUT.

"

Man I feel sorry for you gals. 

bosshog70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bosshog70

Females get a rough time online. I played Burnout:Paradise City doing challenges and a girl was playing had a camera enabled and everyone started to crash in to her car to see what she looked like

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Anybody with voice chat. I hate listening to strangers though for some reason I don't mind reading about them. Go figure.
Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny

i've met a lot of interesting people playing tekken online, and some of them are really cool, but a lot are angry for no apparent reason, but i like to have fun with those people so i respond to the angry ones as much as i can

jim_dandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jim_dandy
@inhaleandvomit:  Next time tell them you're actually a 12 year old boy, you're with the FBI, and the cops are coming RIGHT NOW.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Jeust

No one. I don't cultivate those kinds of relationships.

rflx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By rflx
@inhaleandvomit said:
"

WUT.

"
Just tell them that you're actually not a girl, but a 9 year old boy.
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By one_2nd

Yup but since party chat has come out I barely even use game chat anymore. 

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By YoThatLimp
@KaosAngel said:
" Every damn kid under 16 years old that I deal with on XBL or PSN. 

I put them on my DEAD TO ME list.
"
Damn dude does the colbert wannabe schtick ever get old?
fbasque78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By fbasque78

People singing when the mic is on. No one wants to hear that shit right?

Singeslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Singeslayer

The online gamer who calls me a noob. Just because I'm new with one char in an RPG does not mean I'm a noob. 

Correction: The world noob needs to be burned from humanity.

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

Kids. 
The ones with the fanboy names who go around "owning" then start trying to talk shit afterwards and squeak the shit out of everyone. 
Internet Tough Guys.
Ignorant people who are monsters over a mic.  
Singers.  
o.o Its not needed. (Though I will admit at times I can't resist singing :P Mute the mic or mute everyone in the game and sing to your friends :D)
bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By bicycleham
@inhaleandvomit said:
Words  
.....That. Is pretty bad actually.
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RandomHero666
@Life_Cycle said:
" @inhaleandvomit said:
"

WUT.

"
wow, Girls get it WAY worse than guys the worsed I ever get are empty threats and gay jokes "

It's true, some child mistook me for a girl a few months ago, sent me a message with a picture of his pubeless cock and asked if i wanted to suck it.
I replied.. and probably turned him gay

The only way to deal with these people is to block & report, but sometimes an opportunity arises to fuck with them before blocking
User_Hostile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By User_Hostile
@LunarAura said:
" Anybody with voice chat. I hate listening to strangers though for some reason I don't mind reading about them. Go figure. "
Amen brother, I've never understood how people enjoy talking to strangers, I'm happy to mic up if my friends are playing but fuck talking with strangers
Kaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kaspar

People who are trying to prove something over internet. Whether it's how "funny" they are [all you smartasses, you know who you are (or not)], how masculine they are, or how much better they are. The list goes on.

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By No0b0rAmA

Example; a team is unbalanced in a game, so you ask for someone to come to your team. Then all the fucking responses you get are "KRY MOAR NOOB"

Voxtrinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Voxtrinus

Usually when someone's rude to me, I'll be a nice as possible back. It pisses 'em off. :3

McSmunions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By McSmunions

i got my first "hate" mail the other day playing MW2, after a match i got a message "yay, aimbots" i wasn't really pissed just baffled. first off i didn't even know you could get aimbots on ps3 and secondly it wasn't even like i was doing that great. i think my score was like...23-10. if anything he made me feel like some super computer who had perfect aim, thanks dude.

another time playing MW2 ffa, these two kids are just going at each other with the most racist comments back and forth. i was getting fed up so i grab my mic and told them to shut the fuck up. well the white kid in the argument apparently thought i was siding with him and started up again thinking i had his back, 2-on-1 , and the other dude starts talking shit to me, w/e i just mute them both and continue playing. a little while later i get a friend request from mister nazi youth saying we should play more together...uh, no thanks man.

inhaleandvomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By inhaleandvomit
@rflx:

i have done this.  i've pretended to be a prepubescent boy.  this strategy nets me half a hundred "FAGGOT"s and kicked out of the game.