#1 Edited by thenewpacman (35 posts) -

I have a vague recollection of a moment on the Bombcast before the first Dragon Age game came out where someone (Vinny, I think) had read a book that ended with the line, "truly, this is the age of dragons."

Is that how it all started or am I totally wrong?

#2 Posted by Spoonman671 (5874 posts) -

I know it had to do with Dragon Age: Origins, but your story is as good as any as far as I'm concerned.

#3 Posted by flasaltine (2544 posts) -

From The Last of Us: "Truly this is the age of the last of us, Ellie" - Joel

#4 Posted by TheHT (15795 posts) -

Wasn't it Super Mario World? "Truly this is the age of Koopas" - Bowser

#5 Posted by whitegreyblack (1949 posts) -

It all comes from the Intellivoice voice synthesis module add-on for the Intellivision: "Truly this is the age of BEEEEEEEEEE SEVENTAAAYYN BAAAHLMBBBBEEERRRRRRR."

Loading Video...

#6 Posted by paulmako (1958 posts) -

My answer is too serious, but I remember if from this 10 second clip in the 2003 indie film sensation 'Return of the King':

Loading Video...

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
#7 Posted by A_Cute_Squirtle (890 posts) -

@paulmako: I loved that Inspector Gadget cameo. Beautiful reference.

#8 Posted by odinsmana (982 posts) -

I have a vague recollection of a moment on the Bombcast before the first Dragon Age game came out where someone (Vinny, I think) had read a book that ended with the line, "truly, this is the age of dragons."

Is that how it all started or am I totally wrong?

I am pretty sure you got it right. I think Vinny had read a Dragon Age book (a prequel I think) around the time Origins was released and that it had a line like you said: "truly, this is the age of dragons".

#9 Posted by FlashFlood_29 (4393 posts) -
#10 Posted by Brendan (9210 posts) -

I am excitedly waiting for the comment referencing material from the 70's that was the true cultural origin of this phrase.

#11 Posted by thenewpacman (35 posts) -

Bombcast from 4-07-09. 1:35:10. Ryan's actually the one who says it the first time. Cannot believe I actually found it.

#12 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (7471 posts) -
No Caption Provided

July 1912 -

The Commercial telegraphers' journal : the official organ of the Commercial Telegraphers Union of America, Volumes 19-21

#13 Posted by BisonHero (11564 posts) -

Man, you sunk that 3-pointer from downtown.