Oscars 2016 nominations predictons thread

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Chocobodude3

It now 2016 and I know its a bit early but this just for predictions on what will get nominated

My Predictions

Note: Some may be incomplete and other categories might be missing

Best Picture

Sicario

Mad Max Fury Road

Brooklyn

Ex Machina

The Revenant

The Hateful 8

Creed

Carol

Spotlight

Best Original Score

Star Wars The Force Awakens

The Good Dinosaur

Inside Out

Spectre

Danish Girl

Best Original Screenplay

Inside Out

Ex Machina

The Hateful 8

Creed

Hail Caesar

Best Adapted Screenplay

The Martian

The Revenant

Sicario

Black Mass

Bridge of Spies

Best Cinematography

Sicario

The Revenant

The Hateful 8

Mad Max Fury Road

Best Actor

Leo Dicaprio

Benicio del Toro

Matt Damon

Tom Hanks

Johnny Depp

Best Actress

Alicia Vikander

Charlize Theron

Emily Blunt

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By UlquioKani

You're crazy if you don't think Carol and Spotlight are going to get nominated for Best Picture. I've yet to see either movie but the buzz around them has been strong. I'm gonna bet that The Martian and Bridge of Spies also show up for best picture.

As for your list, I'm not fully sold on Hateful 8 making the list and I hope to god that Ex Machina isn't nominated, really didn't enjoy that film.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I love watching the oscars, but I could not give less of a shit about what wins. Only movie I really want to see win something is Phoenix winning best foreign film. It's on Netflix, and you should watch it if you like good movies.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

I haven't seen most of the movies yet (I usually just wait till all nominees have been announced and then watch all the movies), but Creed isn't a movie that will be nominated I don't think (I loved it, but sequels tend to not do great)

Just got out of seeing Hateful Eight, and I love it, but I don't see it being a heavy favorite for much of anything this year except possibly a nomination for Walton Goggins for best supporting.

That being said, I hope Mad Max gets nominated and wins everything.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Leo gets snubbed again. Would probably put money on it.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I can't remember any movies coming out last year that were about the making of movies; but if such a film was released I'd say that's my prediction for Best Film.

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Leonardo DiCaprio is among one of my favourite actors, but I instead really hope that Bryan Cranston is recognized for Trumbo.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

As the years go on I care less and less about big movies and care more about smaller movies. I also find that certain movies that get panned I find rather enjoyable, like Spy (Melissa McCarthy) it was actually a rather fun movie....not a good movie...but it was a fun lazy Sunday movie.

This is how I pick movies now.

• I watch all the nerd stuff - Star Wars, Marvel, sci-fi, etc.
  • Then I watch independent movies, but I pay careful atnnetion to advertsimesn for other movies that the production company has put out too. I write down all the previews and order them from my library.
  • If I find and actor I like I look up their entire filmography and watch those.
  • I browse Sight & Sound every few months four or five issues at a time, then write down titles to track down.
  • I look at what Netflix has new each month.

I honestly find most Oscar nominated movies BORING because they are often too safe. I'd rather watch 2014's flawed but gritty Automata five times than have to see 2015's Ex-Machina with its moody, boring storyline ever again. Automata had something to say, where as Ex-Machine was just tellingyelling a story we'd all heard before. Just like games, the best ones even when flawed, come out of the indie space.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I don't have any predictions, but this list helps me. I still need to watch some of these before Oscar time.

Also, Leo needs to fucking win something this year. Sheesh.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

That list has a massive absence of The Martian. Make no mistake: that thing is going to be the Oscar's pet this year.

Meanwhile, Leo will get nominated for Best Actor, and he'll get snubbed for Matt Damon. I'm calling that shit from a mile away.

Also, Ex Machina doesn't deserve that many nominations...if any at all. The movie was mediocre at best, and the ending did it absolutely no favors.