• 137 results
astrozombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By astrozombie

I don't know how many Slipknot fans are on GB, but I figured I'd share the news that the bass player Paul Grey was found dead today. They don't know the cause yet.
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1
n00d13z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By n00d13z

Overdose is my two cents.

astrozombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By astrozombie
@n00d13z said:

"Overdose is my two cents. "

Unfortunately  that's probably what it was
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By rjayb89

He must've really hated the Lost finale.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#7  Edited By Yummylee

I forget which one the bassist was...still, suckage news.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By wefwefasdf
@rjayb89 said:
" He must've really hated the Lost finale. "
*rimshot*
DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By DukeTogo

I guess hanging himself would have been too ironic.

What will the 27 other members of the band do?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Milkman

Just thank god it wasn't the guy who jumps around and strokes his Pinocchio nose. That guy is a legend.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Oh noes! 

Now, there's only 54895454 members left! 

In all honesty, SlipKnot sucks. I hate when people get all upset that people died just because they're celebrities. People die every day. The fact that one of those people happened to be a bassist in a shitty nu-metal band doesn't touch my heart in any different special way.

GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY
@AlwaysAngry said:
" Oh noes!  Now, there's only 54895454 members left!    In all honesty, SlipKnot sucks. I hate when people get all upset that people died just because they're celebrities. People die every day. The fact that one of those people happened to be a bassist in a shitty nu-metal band doesn't touch my heart in any different special way. "
Even when expressing righteous indignation you come off as a pathetic, unlikable person.
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@GIVEMEREPLAY said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Oh noes!  Now, there's only 54895454 members left!    In all honesty, SlipKnot sucks. I hate when people get all upset that people died just because they're celebrities. People die every day. The fact that one of those people happened to be a bassist in a shitty nu-metal band doesn't touch my heart in any different special way. "
Even when expressing righteous indignation you come off as a pathetic, unlikable person. "
Thanks for telling me why and giving me reason, pal.
Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Organicalistic_
@AlwaysAngry said:
duder it is called respect, i hated slipknot to, bit I am not about to sit there and rant on about how i dont care that he died, ppl liked his music, so i will give him credit for that, now if he was a prick that did a lot of wrong then eh, maybe he deserved it.
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@organicalistic_ said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
duder it is called respect, i hated slipknot to, bit I am not about to sit there and rant on about how i dont care that he died, ppl liked his music, so i will give him credit for that, now if he was a prick that did a lot of wrong then eh, maybe he deserved it. "
He acted like a tard and overdosed himself. 

He deserved it.
mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By mordecaix7

I'm not a big fan of slipknot but it's always sad when someone dies.  Condolences to the friends and family.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ArchScabby

Did he forget to poke nose holes in his mask?

Spacemuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Spacemuffin
@AlwaysAngry: 
  De mortuis nil nisi bonum, buddy. I didn't like their music either, but come on now.
papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By papercut

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...damn. 

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Th3_James

Saw them last May 1st 09 in Toronto. They were good, sucks that hes dead, but he probably had it coming.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@Spacemuffin: Alright. 

Children are dieing from cancer, starvation, and other diseases every day. Nobody seems to give a flying piece of shit though and rather feel sorry for the idiot that OD'd himself. I don't feel bad for him at all.
Dysnomia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dysnomia

Never a huge Slipknot fan, really thought they sucked. I still do, but the death of anyone is tragic, this is no except. 

Rest in Peace.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Cube
@AlwaysAngry said:
Aren't you 14?
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CL60
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @Spacemuffin: Alright.   Children are dieing from cancer, starvation, and other diseases every day. Nobody seems to give a flying piece of shit though and rather feel sorry for the idiot that OD'd himself. I don't feel bad for him at all. "
Yup, all those charities raising millions of dollars for all of those things you have mentioned clearly"don't give a flying piece of shit". Get over yourself buddy. You're just making yourself look like a dumbass.
Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mmmslash

I can't begin to express how indifferent I feel.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RE_Player1

Homeboy overdosed on drugs, what a tragedy..... 

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@Cube said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
Aren't you 14? "
Didn't you make a thread about strawberry milk and boners?
time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By time allen

this is why you shouldn't sleep with a mask on, people.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#29  Edited By PhatSeeJay
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
" Homeboy overdosed on drugs, what a tragedy.....  "
It's what I'm saying. Apparently, you are praised on this forum for OD'ing yourself. "
Ooor.. people just find your behavior dickish for saying someone deserved to die because he had an addiction.
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RE_Player1
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
It's what I'm saying. Apparently, you are praised on this forum for OD'ing yourself. "
Exactly. I'm not saying its a good thing he died but there are more tragic deaths in the world than some rich celebrity doing to much crack. 
MuddaShukka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MuddaShukka
@AlwaysAngry:
Have some respect, He and his wife were expecting their first child.
Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Phished0ne

You all are overlooking the saddest part of this story.. 
 He was expecting a child 

I used to like slipknot, still have posters on my wall that i never took down...always throws my fellow stoners for a loop when they see that one..

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@CL60 said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @Spacemuffin: Alright.   Children are dieing from cancer, starvation, and other diseases every day. Nobody seems to give a flying piece of shit though and rather feel sorry for the idiot that OD'd himself. I don't feel bad for him at all. "
Yup, all those charities raising millions of dollars for all of those things you have mentioned clearly"don't give a flying piece of shit". Get over yourself buddy. You're just making yourself look like a dumbass. "
Let me put it a different way. 

A ton of stupid people OD themselves. Idiot + OD = stupid. 

CELEBRITY OD's himself. Celebrity idiot + OD = praise? 

I don't get it.
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@PhatSeeJay said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
Ooor.. people just find your behavior dickish for saying someone deserved to die because he had an addiction. "
@RE_Player92 said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
Exactly. I'm not saying its a good thing he died but there are more tragic deaths in the world than some rich celebrity doing to much crack.  "
^^^What he said. I don't necessarily think he deserved it, (though I kind of do at the same time, it's hard to explain,) but to feel so sad and sorry because he's a celebrity is wrong.
Dysnomia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dysnomia
@AlwaysAngry said:
@RE_Player92 said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
Exactly. I'm not saying its a good thing he died but there are more tragic deaths in the world than some rich celebrity doing to much crack.  "
^^^What he said. I don't necessarily think he deserved it, (though I kind of do at the same time, it's hard to explain,) but to feel so sad and sorry because he's a celebrity is wrong. "
I'm not sad because he was a celebrity. He was a human, who had a family, a wife and a child on the way. This death (even though it was quite stupid) is tragic because he was taken from his family, who probably loved him.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36  Edited By Cube
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @Cube said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
Aren't you 14? "
Didn't you make a thread about strawberry milk and boners? "
Yes. 
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RE_Player1
@Dysnomia said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
@RE_Player92 said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
^^^What he said. I don't necessarily think he deserved it, (though I kind of do at the same time, it's hard to explain,) but to feel so sad and sorry because he's a celebrity is wrong. "
I'm not sad because he was a celebrity. He was a human, who had a family, a wife and a child on the way. This death (even though it was quite stupid) is tragic because he was taken from his family, who probably loved him. "  
Thats great. For me though I think its disrespectful to feel sad about someone who overdosed on drugs when they had everything while across the globe, I live in Canada, people die from natural disasters like the earthquake in Haiti. Thousands of people died there who had families. Men, women, and children died yet we went on our day like nothing happened. Again not saying his death was wanted or I got enjoyment from it just don't call it tragic. 
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@RE_Player92 said:
" @Dysnomia said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
@RE_Player92 said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
I'm not sad because he was a celebrity. He was a human, who had a family, a wife and a child on the way. This death (even though it was quite stupid) is tragic because he was taken from his family, who probably loved him. "  
Thats great. For me though I think its disrespectful to feel sad about someone who overdosed on drugs when they had everything while across the globe, I live in Canada, people die from natural disasters like the earthquake in Haiti. Thousands of people died there who had families. Men, women, and children died yet we went on our day like nothing happened. Again not saying his death was wanted or I got enjoyment from it just don't call it tragic.  "
@CL60: ^^^^^^ That's what I meant when I said nobody cares about this stuff. People just go like, "Oh, earthquake/disease/death...sucks." and do nothing. Yet when a celebrity dies, some people will CRY over somebody they didn't even know!
Avatar image for iichristian89ii
IIChristian89II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By IIChristian89II

With the loss of Dio recently i don't much care for some no talent bands bass player dying :) im sure they have some spare members that can fill his role.

raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#40  Edited By raidingkvatch
@Th3_James: Had it coming seems somewhat harsh, while it is likely his death was drug related, since he's the Slipknot member whose probably got the biggest history with drugs (although I did think he's got a lot of that stuff sorted out), but I hardly think he deserved to die, he certainly wasn't a bad person, he didn't cause anyone any harm.

I'm really shocked by this, I've been a Slipknot fan since the first album (the first major label one in '99)  and  so I'm somewhat upset to learn someone who is part of something that's brought me so much pleasure has died.
time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By time allen

the fact that people are lamenting him because he was in slipknot is sort of annoying. i didn't know anything about the guy and i'm not really affected in any way, but, a man has died. he has left behind family and friends and he (if it is true that he od'd) has died in a way that wasn't entirely graceful. who gives a shit about his music. lament because you miss him, not because he made "good" music.

it's michael jackson all over again.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Make a thread of somebody's death and an asshole will post in the thread.  Gotta love the internet.

If my dog died and I decided to make a thread for him I would not be surprised if douches will comment with their shitty "jokes".

R.I.P.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By turboman

I hate slipknot, but it sucks that someone died that a lot of people like.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By captain_clayman

sucks that he died and i dont even listen to slipknot.
worst part is he was gonna have a son/daughter.

not to be mean though, but doesnt slipknot have like 7 bassists anyways?

DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45  Edited By DevWil

i think slipknot is awful, but it doesn't mean i'm glad that one of their members is dead. 

grow up, certain individuals.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#46  Edited By Rhaknar

well that sucks, I kinda like Slipknot...sometimes. Was he the tall dude?

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By beargirl1
@Rhaknar said:
" well that sucks, I kinda like Slipknot...sometimes. Was he the tall dude? "
don't think so. that's mick thompson (or something) 
nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By nail1080

lol 

good

Dysnomia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dysnomia
@nail1080 said:
" lol  good "
lol 

dick.
carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50  Edited By carlthenimrod

@AlwaysAngry said:

" He acted like a tard and overdosed himself.    He deserved it. "

The only people that you could argue that deserve to die are murderers/rapists/pedophiles/etc. Not some guy who made a poor decision in life. We all make mistakes in life. We don't deserve to die because of them.

RIP