PayPal premium membership

Avatar image for deactivated-613c903ddf820
deactivated-613c903ddf820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So I've decided I want to get a premium GB membership. Only thing is the paypal way seems kinda tricky. Especially this part:

you MUST MAKE SURE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ON AUTH.GIANTBOMB.COM MATCHES YOUR PAYPAL EMAIL ADDRESS. ALSO CHECK OUT WITH THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS THAT YOU USED TO CREATE YOUR MEMBERSHIP!! We cannot stress this enough.

I have my GB and PayPal accounts registered on two seperate email accounts. Does this mean I need to make a new PayPal account with the same email account I used for GB? It's all a bit vague to me so help would be appreciated.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By RonGalaxy

@blue_cube: Im guessing they mean to make sure the email address on your GB account matches the master email address on your paypal account. And you can easily change your email address on your paypal account if you need to (I recently went from my ISP email to gmail because you lose your ISP email when you discontinue service).

Also, paypal memberships aren't instant (at least they weren't when I signed up). @rorie or someone with the authority has to manually switch your account to premium.

I would wait until a staff member or someone with more definite knowledge gets back to you before you jump in. Waiting on stuff like this = less headaches in the future.

Edit: apparently they've made it way weirder to remove/change your paypal primary email. To do so you have to go to paypal.com/webapps/settings (click the update button under the email setting). You cant change your primary email in the regular settings menu, only add new ones. Never mind. Easier way outlined below

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3 MattyFTM  Moderator

I don't see what is vague about that statement at all. Your Giant Bomb email address needs to be the same as your Paypal email address, because they hook up the premium access via your email address.

How you make them match is up to you. You could change your Giant Bomb email address to be the same as your Paypal email. You could change your Paypal email to be the same as your Giant Bomb email. But they have to match before you pay for it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rongalaxy: Thanks, I never knew you could switch email addresses on your PayPal account, I'll look into that.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By RonGalaxy

@blue_cube: Okay, its not as hard as I thought it was. All you have to do is add the email address you want to the paypal account (the normal way. Click the settings gear, under email click the plus button, then add the email). Once you add it you have to go to that email and click the verification link (prompting you for your password). Once you do that the email is verified. Then to make it your primary email address click on the edit button near the new email and it will give you that option.

I would also make sure when you're checking out with paypal that the email in checkout definitely matches your GB email. Im guessing rorie looks at the paypal email to verify it is you making the purchase.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rongalaxy: Done, I changed the primary PayPal email to match my GB account. Thanks for the help never knew this was a possiblity with PayPal, I use it maybe once a year.