Playing Darksiders II, and wanting to start Borderlands 2

Cthulad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Cthulad

So I was mentioning quite a bit about playing Sleeping Dogs, and how much fun I was having. I still love it, and it is a lot of fun, but sitting with a couple of games staring me in the eye after finishing Sleeping Dogs, means that I must move on. So last week I started playing some Darksiders II, on my PS3. I own the first one for the system, and I like to stick to one system for games like that. I have to say that Darksiders II is a great adventure game. They really made it feel different from the first one. Death is much more Agile, and the combat is more visceral so far. I have really just started the game, and been only playing for a little over 10 hours now, but it really is a great experience.

I would have liked if they would have kept up with the Earth in this game instead of a different world, but after a few hours they explain why it is not earth. Other than saying it is taking place at the same time as when War is at his trial for starting the apocalypse early. They say it has a lot of loot, and the possessed weapons are a great feature, and I agree, but the loot seems to still be a little light in the beginning. Or maybe it was because I had a couple of the extra downloads, and the Angelic armor, and weapons you get work for a few levels before you start to need that upgraTheded weapon, or armor. Now that I am just about level 12 I have really started finding that I can change weapons or armor much faster. I just finished upgrading one of my possessed scythes, and found something about 3 times better at this level. It keeps your inventory from getting too cluttered with the upgrading, and having different effects to a weapon is always nice also.

If you sacrifice a weapon with fire it can have a chance for fire effect when it upgrades, or cold, piercing, whatever you are looking for. Sacrificing armor even adds a defense ability to the weapon. Can never have enough defense I always say. I also like that not every dungeon will provide you with a new tertiary weapon or power, and also that you will use these powers throughout the rest of the journey. There is some backtracking, but when is that not expected of a game like this? It is after all an adventure game in the vane like Zelda, or Infamous, or what have you. The other thing I was not thinking, or really aware of is that Death is not the Reaper. He brings death, and can summon the Reaper, but it is not the same entitiy in the game at all times. He can assume the form of Death, or rather his true form which is close to the reaper, but not exactly.

Darksiders II has been in my head now for a couple of days since I have had the opportunity to play it for extended periods over the last few nights, and I want to find out what happens. I am invested in the story at this point, but with Borderlands 2 staring at me since yesterday (I ordered it from Best Buy, and I didn't pay for the same day shipping) it's going to be hard. I know that Borderlands 2 is about guns, and wasting people, but a funny game is always something I rather enjoy. I want to play it just so I can see what the zany claptrap will do/say. He was my favorite character in the first game, and continues to be the reason for the second one.

So what's others out there spending their time on? Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, COD/Battlefield? Or just waiting for that next best thing? I am getting swollowed up in the releases for the next few months as October 9th is the next game for me. Dishonored is the next one, and I am going to try to stop there. (Possibility of Hitman: Absolution in November though.)

Cthulad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cthulad

So I was mentioning quite a bit about playing Sleeping Dogs, and how much fun I was having. I still love it, and it is a lot of fun, but sitting with a couple of games staring me in the eye after finishing Sleeping Dogs, means that I must move on. So last week I started playing some Darksiders II, on my PS3. I own the first one for the system, and I like to stick to one system for games like that. I have to say that Darksiders II is a great adventure game. They really made it feel different from the first one. Death is much more Agile, and the combat is more visceral so far. I have really just started the game, and been only playing for a little over 10 hours now, but it really is a great experience.

I would have liked if they would have kept up with the Earth in this game instead of a different world, but after a few hours they explain why it is not earth. Other than saying it is taking place at the same time as when War is at his trial for starting the apocalypse early. They say it has a lot of loot, and the possessed weapons are a great feature, and I agree, but the loot seems to still be a little light in the beginning. Or maybe it was because I had a couple of the extra downloads, and the Angelic armor, and weapons you get work for a few levels before you start to need that upgraTheded weapon, or armor. Now that I am just about level 12 I have really started finding that I can change weapons or armor much faster. I just finished upgrading one of my possessed scythes, and found something about 3 times better at this level. It keeps your inventory from getting too cluttered with the upgrading, and having different effects to a weapon is always nice also.

If you sacrifice a weapon with fire it can have a chance for fire effect when it upgrades, or cold, piercing, whatever you are looking for. Sacrificing armor even adds a defense ability to the weapon. Can never have enough defense I always say. I also like that not every dungeon will provide you with a new tertiary weapon or power, and also that you will use these powers throughout the rest of the journey. There is some backtracking, but when is that not expected of a game like this? It is after all an adventure game in the vane like Zelda, or Infamous, or what have you. The other thing I was not thinking, or really aware of is that Death is not the Reaper. He brings death, and can summon the Reaper, but it is not the same entitiy in the game at all times. He can assume the form of Death, or rather his true form which is close to the reaper, but not exactly.

Darksiders II has been in my head now for a couple of days since I have had the opportunity to play it for extended periods over the last few nights, and I want to find out what happens. I am invested in the story at this point, but with Borderlands 2 staring at me since yesterday (I ordered it from Best Buy, and I didn't pay for the same day shipping) it's going to be hard. I know that Borderlands 2 is about guns, and wasting people, but a funny game is always something I rather enjoy. I want to play it just so I can see what the zany claptrap will do/say. He was my favorite character in the first game, and continues to be the reason for the second one.

So what's others out there spending their time on? Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, COD/Battlefield? Or just waiting for that next best thing? I am getting swollowed up in the releases for the next few months as October 9th is the next game for me. Dishonored is the next one, and I am going to try to stop there. (Possibility of Hitman: Absolution in November though.)

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Aetheldod

Black Mesa