Premier League 2012

sthusby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sthusby

Incredible round. I'm a Manchester United supporter, but still I can't stay angry. What happened at the Ethiad Stadium today counts among the greatest moments in sport for me. Crazy end to a crazy season. Seems fitting I guess.

Congrats to all City Supporters on GiantBomb. Better savor it, cause next year the trophy will be back at Old Trafford!

rosebud04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By rosebud04

Not a huge fan of man city, but the way they won it was Amazing!

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By leebmx

Just been watching it with my mate who's a Man City fan (and I hate Man U). The sense of desolation was incredible until those two goals. Now everything feels surreal.....amazing. City win it in Fergie time.......incredible scenes :)

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

united was so close, but still, it was an awesome finish from city :(

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Absolute stunner. Best ending I've seen in a while. Congrats to city.

drshilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By drshilliams

Christ that was an incredible game, such a great finish.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Winternet

Jesus Christ, what an amazing ending that was. I can't imagine how it must felt in the stadium.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By cookiemonster

I'm glad City won. Can't stand Man U. I'm glad Man U beat the smbs though.

ashleychittock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By ashleychittock

Best final day of a season anywhere ever. Where can I petition for a feature-length MOTD tonight?!

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GunslingerPanda
No Caption Provided
DopeToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DopeToast

Now I have been trying to follow the Premier League as best as I could this year, and I didn't even know that the EPL title meant the league championship. Shows how much I know. I need to find a team to follow and root for, but I don't know who to pick. Any suggestions?

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By jacdg

@thevigilanteoflove said:

Now I have been trying to follow the Premier League as best as I could this year, and I didn't even know that the EPL title meant the league championship. Shows how much I know. I need to find a team to follow and root for, but I don't know who to pick. Any suggestions?

Liverpool.

Great game today, really don't like Citeh, but I'd rather want them to win it compared to Fergie and United. One thing though, Joe Barton is a fucking madman, some of the things he's been writing on twitter post-game is just... he should be banned from football, really.

Blackhebrew2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blackhebrew2

I'm a man u supporter and I just have to applaud Man city on winning it in a fantastic fashion.

Arsenal. They play very entertaining football, but they may not win much.

easthill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By easthill

@thevigilanteoflove said:

Watch a few games and see if any teams stand out for you. It's not you who pick the team, the team picks you. That said, Newcastle is an incredibly fun team at the moment, they play wonderful football and score wonderful goals. Hope they manage a top 4 finish next season.

ElNeebre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ElNeebre

Good finish from City, and as a United fan... I'm gutted.

But, the red flag will fly high, and we'll come back stronger next season.

£900 million later, and City won the title on goal difference against the worst Man United team in 25 years.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By Sambambo

@Blackhebrew2 said:

Arsenal. They play very entertaining football, but they may not win much.

Arsenal came third!

But that really does gloss over some poor, poor displays.

Blackhebrew2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Blackhebrew2

@SuperSambo: I meant trophies. I must admit, the spell with 9 games in a row and the AC milan match made my brother a very happy little arsenal fan. I'm not going to say it, but how do you think this season would've gone without RVP?

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Master_Funk

As an Arsenal fan, this may not be ideal but I will take just about any team winning the premier league over United. So congratulations to City .

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Sambambo

@Blackhebrew2 said:

@SuperSambo: I meant trophies. I must admit, the spell with 9 games in a row and the AC milan match made my brother a very happy little arsenal fan. I'm not going to say it, but how do you think this season would've gone without RVP?

Without RVP then the transfer window would have been very different, but the player brought in would still have no where near the finishing ability (assuming the board stayed as tight fisted as history dictates). We 100% would not have CL football considering how close this season was.

If we had to play Chamakh, Bentner or Park upfront? Well, we'd be almost as bad as Liverpool!

I am currently living under the impression that RVP will leave soonish, and if he does I wish him the best. Hopefully with Podolski, M'Villa, Wilshire and whoever else comes in, he will not be too sorley missed.

MrJorOwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MrJorOwe

Just amazing, I'm a Liverpool fan and thus 'supposed' to dislike Man Utd, I don't really dislike them but I really wanted City to get the league. The way they did it was amazing. I really dislike the whole angry United fan mentality of "uhh citeh can just buy the league sure, we have history". Of course they are going to if they have the money, and United are the richest club in the world, if they did not have money they would not win anything. Simple. Well played city.

Forbes rich list

• 1. Manchester United - $2.235bn (£1.396bn)
  • 2. Real Madrid - $1.877bn (£1.17bn)
  • 3. Barcelona - $1.307bn (£816m)
  • 4. Arsenal - $1.292bn (£807m)
  • 5. Bayern Munich - $1.235bn (£770m)
  • 6. AC Milan - $989m (£615m)
  • 7. Chelsea - $761m (£473m)
  • 8. Liverpool - $619m (£385m)
  • 9. Juventus - $591m (£367m)
  • 10. Schalke 04 - $587m (£365m)
  • 11. Tottenham Hotspur -$564m (£351m)
  • 13. Manchester City - $443m (£275m)

Utd 1st, Man city 13th. Deal with it.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Funkydupe

That was just crazy. Great entertainment to the very end this season.

easthill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By easthill

@MrJorOwe: The difference is United didn't get the money from a rich oil-man wanting to play FM in real life. Also, I'm pretty sure that list is the clubs value, which is irrelevant in this discussion. United are huge, not because of a rich man, but success.

Here's a overview of the transfer fees since the start of the EPL.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Meltac

Barton is an even bigger ass than Terry is. Damn, the captain should never behave like such a caveman..

Avatar image for countinhallways
countinhallways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By countinhallways

That was incredible.

I was too busy living life as a bag of nerves watching Arsenal to really be paying attention to the City/United games, although I caught the last few minutes of both. Boy oh boy. I have no real love for either team (Nasri you're a c*nt and so on) but I cannot deny what happened was phenomenal. Will live long in the memory.

While I am on the subject of football I just wish to say that I think I may love Laurent Koscielny with all of my being. Also, thank you Gibbs for that wonderful last gasp block.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jimbo

AMAZING end to the season.  I'm a Utd fan, but not so blinkered that I can't still appreciate what a great season this has been.  I just hope it remains at least competitive over the next few years, now that City can pretty much buy whoever they want.

Newcastle deserve a huge amount of credit for what they've achieved this year -I think it was a much taller order for them to even come 5th than for either of the Manchester clubs to win the league.  Credit also to Arsenal for how they turned their season around.

Nasharoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By Nasharoo

That was insane. Never seen final day final minute drama like it. I'm a spurs fan though so I'm pretty fucking distraught that West Brom played a keeper that had never seen a football before. Bastard.

Have to support the bloody Germans now.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mordukai

@MrJorOwe: Aren't these numbers based off of total income? I would like to see just how much they spent the last two years. I bet it's way then anyone on the league. In all congrats to them after 44 years of living in United shadow. 16 more to go ;)

MrJorOwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MrJorOwe

@easthill said:

@MrJorOwe: The difference is United didn't get the money from a rich oil-man wanting to play FM in real life. Also, I'm pretty sure that list is the clubs value, which is irrelevant in this discussion. United are huge, not because of a rich man, but success.

Here's a overview of the transfer fees since the start of the EPL.

@mordukai said:

@MrJorOwe: Aren't these numbers based off of total income? I would like to see just how much they spent the last two years. I bet it's way then anyone on the league. In all congrats to them after 44 years of living in United shadow. 16 more to go ;)

Yeah I realised that I had the wrong list later after I posted. Of course the money had a big influence on their success but they are still a great team who play great football, the success has to start somewhere, maybe it is now for city. Most pundits seem to agree that city were just better all season, not just money can do that. I hope even united fans can see that.

But yeah, my first comment was irrelevant.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mordukai

@MrJorOwe: No doubt they played great football this season but I think Man City is just an example of the state of football today where teams are longer interested in developing talent and creating legacies but more interested in investing the total sum of a small country. More power to them. Really hope City will be able to keep it up and not implode.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cheesebob

I support West Ham

capt_ventris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By capt_ventris

@Cheesebob:

Championship Playoff day!

que sera sera, whatever will be will be, we're going to wembley, que sera sera!

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cheesebob

@Capt_Ventris: Yeah I noticed. Shame I can't watch the game because we have no T.V. at uni.

God I hope we win. We can't be in the championship for another year!