Presumably There Are Some Awesome Musicians/Producers On Here

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

Statistics are that there are some really talented dudes on this forum and I love listening to as much music as I can possibly manage because everything I hear is almost a lesson.

So share with me your bands/productions -- I'd love to hear you guys music. I'm about to do a degree in music production and can't wait for it to start.

I myself am not a particularly proficient musician nor producer but I love doing it all the same and I'm a keen and eager learner. You can check out my music via MySpace (sigh, shit bitrate) by clicking here.

Music being music is an art and as people we get opinionated about that but I will be really annoyed if anyone just downright criticises any music in here. I love constructive criticism because it allows us to learn but I see so many videos on YouTube and so many people criticised musically that it stops them from wanting to learn. Let this be a note to all of you that I'll report anyone who needlessly puts down someone elses music without suggesting sensible improvements.

Hopefully we can have a good discussion and share our collective musical knowledge and opinion in this thread.

PinkElephant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By PinkElephant

This is a cool idea, thanks for starting it. Here's a link to my friend's band that I might be the newest member of next week.

Tell me what you think !
Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Jothel
PinkElephant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By PinkElephant

Sweet tunes, Sammy B. Very sexual and upbeat.

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Verdugo

I myself want to pursue a career as a musician. Music is what keeps my life stable. Without it, I could pretty much just forget about living and not regret it. Music is my life.

But as for actually making original music, and sitting down and attempting to record a song, I haven't gotten to that yet. I haven't really done anything I feel is worth sharing (seriously, not as for a laugh or just to put it out there, but a serious song that I feel works), with the internet. But when I do something, I'm sure to post it on Youtube.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By get2sammyb
PinkElephant said:
"This is a cool idea, thanks for starting it. Here's a link to my friend's band that I might be the newest member of next week.

Tell me what you think !
"
This reminds me of Tom Waits. I love stuff with slide guitar - I think I'm a sucker for that kind of playing. Hey you guy's would definitely like Zooey Deschanel's (the actress, stay with me here) side project She & Him. What are they recruiting you to play?
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By get2sammyb
Avatar image for deactivated-579a5a254c9a3
deactivated-579a5a254c9a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I'm working on some music at the moment, although I don't deem much of it listenable yet. When you're a 15 year old with too much time on your hands, a guitar, a piano, some ambition, and little to no musical training, shit can get crazy. It's not quite as bad as that makes it sound, though. :P

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Verdugo
psychomode said:
"I'm working on some music at the moment, although I don't deem much of it listenable yet. When you're a 15 year old with too much time on your hands, a guitar, a piano, some ambition, and little to no musical training, shit can get crazy. It's not quite as bad as that makes it sound, though. :P
"

I remember you mentioning making your own music. Do you actually have a song up somewhere?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Verdugo said:
"psychomode said:
"I'm working on some music at the moment, although I don't deem much of it listenable yet. When you're a 15 year old with too much time on your hands, a guitar, a piano, some ambition, and little to no musical training, shit can get crazy. It's not quite as bad as that makes it sound, though. :P
"

I remember you mentioning making your own music. Do you actually have a song up somewhere? "
Yeah, check your last.fm shoutbox ;)
Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jothel
get2sammyb said:
"Jothel said:
"this is me, recorded a few years ago,the drums sound like ass due to the cam but yeah:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjHmrAZV4qo

"
I'd love to know - how many BPM?
"
240bpm, its about standard for the stuff i write, got a few songs quicker, couple slower, should be putting a few more videos up at some point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jothel said:
"get2sammyb said:
"Jothel said:
"this is me, recorded a few years ago,the drums sound like ass due to the cam but yeah:

"
"
240bpm, its about standard for the stuff i write, got a few songs quicker, couple slower, should be putting a few more videos up at some point
"
Holy fuck, that was insane.
Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jothel
psychomode said:
"Jothel said:
"get2sammyb said:
"Jothel said:

"
"
"
"
if you goto the myspace page in the more info bit you can hear a few of the songs i did when i was 15, i was 17 when i did that video, I've never really advertised the page to people, just had it as a place to have my music.
Also the vesion of familiar desolation on there is far superior since it has about 8 layered guitarsand you can hear the drums and so on
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By get2sammyb

That's so fast. That's awesome man. In terms of my musical taste that kind of sound doesn't really appeal to me but I totally respect and admire the technique to be able to perform something like that.

I actually listened to the song on your MySpace because I could hear the notes more clearly.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jothel
get2sammyb said:
"That's so fast. That's awesome man. In terms of my musical taste that kind of sound doesn't really appeal to me but I totally respect and admire the technique to be able to perform something like that.

I actually listened to the song on your MySpace because I could hear the notes more clearly.
"
Cheers, yeah it's not everyones cup of tea, especially around here which is why i never got a proper band on there, the guys listed on there are friends who i practiced with maybe once. The drums are a bit nuts on Familiar Desolation specifically because before i was stuck withthe drum pads on my recorder, but then i got a drum machine on my computer and went craaaazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jothel said:
"psychomode said:
"Jothel said:
"get2sammyb said:
"Jothel said:

"
"
"
"
if you goto the myspace page in the more info bit you can hear a few of the songs i did when i was 15, i was 17 when i did that video, I've never really advertised the page to people, just had it as a place to have my music.
Also the vesion of familiar desolation on there is far superior since it has about 8 layered guitarsand you can hear the drums and so on
"
Since I don't play that kind of music might I ask what tuning your guitar is in for that video?

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jothel
psychomode said:
"Jothel said:
"psychomode said:
"Jothel said:
"get2sammyb said:
"Jothel said:

"
"
"
"
"
Since I don't play that kind of music might I ask what tuning your guitar is in for that video?

"
It's a 7 string with the B string detuned to A so its AEADGBE. I've broken a fair few amps with that tuning haha
Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Verdugo
psychomode said:
"Verdugo said:
"psychomode said:
"

I remember you mentioning making your own music. Do you actually have a song up somewhere? "
Yeah, check your last.fm shoutbox ;)
"
Dude, I really like this. This is pretty good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jothel said:
"psychomode said:
"Jothel said:
"psychomode said:
"Jothel said:
"get2sammyb said:
"Jothel said:

"
"
"
"
"

"
It's a 7 string with the B string detuned to A so its AEADGBE. I've broken a fair few amps with that tuning haha
"
Fucking awesome :D
Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By Aarny91

Me ;)

sponge3164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By sponge3164

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3ClUQAR7Jyg
obviously not what you had in mind <_<

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TwoOneFive

im a really good bass player. i've played dozens of live gigs in a jazz band, and have been in several rock bands including the one im workin with now. i slap all funky and stuff! lol

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Virago
x3ric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By x3ric
Jothel said:
"psychomode said:
"Jothel said:
"psychomode said:
"Jothel said:
"get2sammyb said:
"Jothel said:

"
"
"
"
"

"
"
Dropped A?
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By get2sammyb
Virago said:
"Sammy, I love your stuff.

The last two songs have my voice... the rest of his albums are on iTunes.
"
The Ballad Of Mr. Robot is so blooming awesome.

Psychomode -- put your track up so we can all take a listen man. I'm interested to hear what you've been working on.
Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Batman

I like your music, OP.  Very catchy.  Sadly I have never recorded anything.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Virago
get2sammyb said:
"Virago said:
"Sammy, I love your stuff.

The last two songs have my voice... the rest of his albums are on iTunes.
"
The Ballad Of Mr. Robot is so blooming awesome.

Psychomode -- put your track up so we can all take a listen man. I'm interested to hear what you've been working on.
"
um... show me how, and i'll do it. I'm pretty much computer incompetent. But thanks =)
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28  Edited By kush
http://www.myspace.com/kushmedia

...the songs on there are about 2 years old and really basic...they were recorded with a USB headset :P ...I haven't recorded anything new because I don't have the equipment I'd like to record my new songs...I'm not the biggest fan of what I got up there, but I haven't updated the stuff (2 years obviously) and it's something I guess...

...and Mash-up is not a song :P
Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Homer

I play the recorder.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Clean

I DJ a lot this is my logo is cool looking

Avatar image for deactivated-58e52f575435f
deactivated-58e52f575435f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alright let me give you a sneak peak of my upcoming rap single...coming to a myspace near you....hear i go:

(beatbox says: Boom......boom....boom.....boom....boom) < quarter notes btw

PUT SOME WHEELS ON MY CAR...... (backup singer: WHAT?)..... PUT SOME WHEELS ON MY CAR..

thats all i got the chorus line..... a 3 second song....eh