Price changes between online stores for certain games?

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

(posted this on reddit but was removed because it s"off topic")

Hey all, I was looking into getting Moonlighter because it seemed right up my alley, however i wanted to not get it on steam because I am finding steam more and more of a pain when it comes to just playing a game.

I noticed there is a different in prices for this game on Gog compared to steam, neither has a sale going but the price on steam is cheaper than GoG,can someone explain this to me?

I noticed this with other games too, it seems almost unfair competition.

DodoBasse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GoG does the whole 'no DRM' pitch. It is possible they charge a bit more for it.

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GoG does the whole 'no DRM' pitch. It is possible they charge a bit more for it.

The no DRM thing really helps, because I like that I don't have to open a client to play a game.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@harinosho: Which region are you in? Because for me in the US, the price of Moonlighter is the same on both Steam and Gog.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By vortextk

Just fyi, not knowing possible region differences, it's 20 bucks on green man gaming but they have a site wide pc game coupon for 25% off, "june25". I'm only lying to myself saying I don't need to purchase it. Well, that's not the lie, the lie is me adhering to it. I know you said not steam, just if you're being swayed by a cheaper price, this is even lower, but yes on steam.

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By harinosho

@wemibelle said:

@harinosho: Which region are you in? Because for me in the US, the price of Moonlighter is the same on both Steam and Gog.

Im in South Africa, it's R130 ($10,20 going by google exchange rate) on steam and its $19 on gog.