• 184 results
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FunExplosions

I just did a quick Google search this morning and clicked the first link. That's my source. 

I'm disappointed, but not PISSED or OUTRAGED. I don't think anyone really is, and that's probably what the problem was. Get some of those fear-monger traits for the supporting-side next time! 

Oh well :( 

Thoughts?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

I don't smoke the stuff, so it doesn't effect me, but I still keep my "just legalize everything" policy.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By wunder_

I approve of this thread.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Red12b

say goodbye to some moneh  

doesn't bother me since I don't live in the states, 

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#5  Edited By citizenkane

Moved to the Off-Topic forum.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By mfpantst

Meh.  Doesn't really bother me either way.  However I am ideologically opposed to government regulation of lifestyle moral imperatives.  So this is not a victory.  However the fact that that it was actually a ballot measure means change is coming.  So that's a positive.

Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Six

and Wal-mart was already poised to start selling it in California... not sure if they had the manufacturer and distribution lined up yet, but I am guessing it would ship via FedEx.  And I bet the tobacco companies were hoping it passed.  They have been ready to roll for years.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jadeskye

Meh.

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Bass

I've never smoked weed, but if I lived in Cali, I would have absolutely voted in favor of it. Smoking weed is much less of a health risk than legalized drinking and cigarettes, and legalizing it would create a huge revenue for the state (and eventually, the federal government).

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Franstone

Foolish... 
Guess people who want to get their easy fix will just have to continue to go out, get drunk, and drive home! 
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FunExplosions
@mfpantst said:
" Meh.  Doesn't really bother me either way.  However I am ideologically opposed to government regulation of lifestyle moral imperatives.  So this is not a victory.  However the fact that that it was actually a ballot measure means change is coming.  So that's a positive. "
Definitely. It's on people's minds now, and its legalization is now only a matter of time.

@Six said:
" and Wal-mart was already poised to start selling it in California... not sure if they had the manufacturer and distribution lined up yet, but I am guessing it would ship via FedEx.  And I bet the tobacco companies were hoping it passed.  They have been ready to roll for years. "
The funny thing is that it's already so damn easy to get weed in California. Unlike most other states (I used to live in New York), every single person I know that smokes - they buy their stuff directly from legitimate stores. It takes one visit to the doctor to get a license for the stuff. And I don't know if anyone knows how ridiculous it really is, but there are like 4 "Herbal supplement" stores on every single busy block in Los Angeles. 

I don't have a license, myself, but that's because I'm a broke little man who doesn't want to dump all that money into a hobby like that.
Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Mmmslash

I think arbitrarily making marijuana illegal, but allowing tobacco and alcohol be legal and taxed is kind of crazy.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SomeJerk

I don't live there but it is a shame for those suffering from similar incurable muscle disease like me who's conditions are greatly improved by either spending time with THC or weeks in a hot dry vacation spot, such as a few people I know in the state. Sure there's medical to be had but.. that needs to go global, and fast, if legalization won't go anywhere. Even my doctors over here in Sweden think it should be legalized for the greater good of all of us, and alcohol and tobacco would not have gone anywhere if they had been introduced in this modern age - but that's for another thread.

Keep up the good fight America, the world listens and follows you guys after all. For better and worse ¨<

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mordukai

Just goes to show that the the all powerful almighty USA is still one of the most closed minded countries in the world. It doesn't matter that if the US government legalize weed and tax then the national debt will be erased in less then three years OHH NO, why would we ever want to do that horrid thing. I am so burnt out of politicians. They are trying to enforce laws and rules and old world mentality on a changing world. WHen will they wake and realize that in order to advance you need to evolve. 

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By mazik765

I would say a step in the right direction since I think they should continue down this road and ban tobacco as well (don't need to get lung cancer because some asshole smokes around me all the time, thanks), but the extra revenue that this would have caused probably would have been tremendous.

But I'm betting a number of the current weed dealers in California voted against it. They'd be either run out of business or outlawed by the law.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By benjaebe

I'm under the impression that a lot of people who grew, smoke and sold the stuff voted against Prop 19 because it would cut into their own profits.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By JJWeatherman
@benjaebe said:
" I'm under the impression that a lot of people who grew, smoke and sold the stuff voted against Prop 19 because it would cut into their own profits. "
Ha. Never thought about that. Plus there were limits on how much you could have at a time. 

I don't smoke anything, so I really don't care.
FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By FancySoapsMan

not surprised really.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I can't help but feel the no on prop 19 ads that were 30 seconds of lies might have had something to do with this. They kept talking about how your co workers could be stoned, and there was nothing the employer could do about it. It's like if people were campaigning for the abolition of alcohol today if they said "aren't you tired of your co workers always coming to work drunk".  it's just bullshit. 

There are no good arguments against legalising it, if someone goes out and smokes some weed instead of getting drunk then the effect to themsevles and the community is much less. 

I think mostly it's just a "we don't like potheads" opinion.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Piss.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Jeffsekai

u mad stoners?

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Funzzo

who cares people smoke if they want to anyway.  The govt. is the only one missing out on tax income.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23  Edited By recroulette

You should be grateful that the government isn't going to be able to tax the fuck out of it.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Funzzo
@RecSpec said:
"You should be grateful that the government isn't going to be able to tax the fuck out of it. "

Why? I mean I know they cant tax it now but if they did states would have more income for their state budgets for roads and parks and shit like that.
GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GeekDown

I don't live in California, so I don't really care. But I guess it would have been cool if it had passed. 

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Good, drugs are bad.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By tebbit

I guess every person I've ever met who uses it was a spurious asshole. So... great news everybody? Although alcohol has far worse effects, weed has the stigma of "free spirits" taking the moral high ground, if you know what I mean. 

Huh? Eh? You know? Know what I'm talkin' 'bout? Right? Huh? Nudge nudge wink wink? 

Bro. 

Anyway, the moral of the story is: Maybe do drugs kids, or maybe don't. Apparently California doesn't give much of a fuck either way.

Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Noodles
@Six said:
" and Wal-mart was already poised to start selling it in California... not sure if they had the manufacturer and distribution lined up yet, but I am guessing it would ship via FedEx.  And I bet the tobacco companies were hoping it passed.  They have been ready to roll for years. "
If they really wanted it, they would have used some of their ridiculous bankroll to help back it. From what I heard, the Prop 19 campaign only used about 3-4 million in marketing money, which is a drop in the bucket compared to what it could have been.
SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SteamPunkJin

Will be back on the ballot in 2012. Have patience.
Edit: A lot of Prop 19 supporters were saying (last night when it first came down) that they felt like it didn't pass because of the specifics of the Ballot Initiative - it will be edited and tweaked and presented again in 2012.

skinnyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By skinnyman

It was a good way to test the waters, from what I saw it only lost 55-45. It's largely a generational gap in perception, very few from the boomer generation (the "Reefer Madness" generation) would even consider voting for this. I would guess in another 10 years or so with another crop of young voters making it to the polls a proposition like this might pass, it's still just a little too soon.

Darksnughero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Darksnughero
@Six said:
Are there a lot of tob. growers in California?  Marijuana is a tropical plant that requires delicate cultivation to flourish.  Can't be easy to just start growing massive amounts or cheap. 

Doubt the islands and Netherlands could fill America's order, if it were to be legalized.  Plus the second Big tobacco gets their hands on it, you'll be buying dried leaves and packed crap that will make Mexican brick look and taste good.  

@Mordukai said:
" Just goes to show that the the all powerful almighty USA is still one of the most closed minded countries in the world. It doesn't matter that if the US government legalize weed and tax then the national debt will be erased in less then three years OHH NO, why would we ever want to do that horrid thing. I am so burnt out of politicians. They are trying to enforce laws and rules and old world mentality on a changing world. WHen will they wake and realize that in order to advance you need to evolve.  "

What are you talking about?  The people voted no.  Not politicians. You can't force evolution.  Prop 19 failing is apart of that evolution. 

Americans wont let Gay marriage pass, and people think Weed is going to get through?  You think dealer prices are bad, wait till the gov. gets their hands in your bag.    

If any of you really cared about the plant, you would vote no too.  If you had any cents you would be glad 19 failed.  But no, your so concerned about getting off and getting high.  You don't even think about what would happen to what you smoke.  Pot would be even more of a drug, when the corporations and gov. control it.  Quality will go down, prices will go way up, selling on the street will have harsher penalties. (home stills)   They will turn it into shit, just to make money. 

Your actually willing to hand something you think is good, over to the very evil that keeps it from you.  Just so you can have it easier.  

Consumerism will destroy the very heart of what you love. 
bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By bybeach

fuck the world, let everybody DIE!  Waaagh!

It was important to me, but so much worse is the feeling this country is going to be more lost. Extreme attitudes, often bouncing against bigoty, racism and downright hatred of the different. The health care package may well flounder, and any positive energy the past 2 years wasted and wiped out, to the expense of nothing done for the economy, housing or balancing freedom vs security. Much of the rich will cirtaintly be satified, and I personally will circle my wagons more. 

As far as marijuana goes, I'll do what I know how to do, and I will of course always think domestic.
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MooseyMcMan

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Well, it looks like one good thing came from the polls last night.  

Damn commie-pinko-hippies. They ruined America, and they're getting what they deserve. 

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jayzilla

the people have spoken. it's the beauty of democracy.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Doctorchimp
@Darksnughero: There are so many things wrong with your post. I'm sure it's because you are unaware of most of the facts. (you being ignorant)

Are you aware that you would be allowed to grow up to 25 square feet of your own plants? Even then I have no clue why a company wouldn't wouldn't make high quality hash, I'm sure you could get the McDonalds dollar menu, but there would be a steak house ready to be opened and sell you a filet mignon. 

It being taxed and costing a lot of money is irrelevant if that means that the drug will move away from being taboo and into the mainstream so that it continues to gain momentum.

Are you aware of the reason why it didn't pass? It has some glaring holes in it in regards to "under the influence" rules of working or operating vehicles, data of whether or not it's actually an issue isn't the point when it comes to conservatives who were voting and most of the liberal teen vote couldn't be bothered... 

Also you can have a gay marriage in Virginia, Iowa, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Washington D.C. 

As of right now the California prop 8 is in the middle of being overturned, and with Jerry Brown coming to office it looks like it'll happen. 

EDIT: I forgot to talk about the first part of your post, marijuana needs a delicate tropical climate to flourish? So you're unsure about CA that The Netherlands would step in and be able to fill the order. 

Maybe you should do a quick google search, there are Marijuana growers for medical clinics and most of them voted no to keep the monopoly. Mendocino County comes to mind.
melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By melcene
@FunExplosions said:

The funny thing is that it's already so damn easy to get weed in California. Unlike most other states (I used to live in New York), every single person I know that smokes - they buy their stuff directly from legitimate stores. It takes one visit to the doctor to get a license for the stuff. And I don't know if anyone knows how ridiculous it really is, but there are like 4 "Herbal supplement" stores on every single busy block in Los Angeles.  I don't have a license, myself, but that's because I'm a broke little man who doesn't want to dump all that money into a hobby like that. "

It sounds like weed is to LA as coffee is to Seattle.  We have 3 different Starbucks in my building, not including other coffee stands/shops. 

Also, I didn't really care about Prop 19.  I don't like CA much, and whatever CA does WA and OR soon follow.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To put it simply, it fucking sucks, and it only further demonstrates that people are too uneducated and straight up ignorant about the subject to pass something like this. The worst part is that these naysayers go home every night and drink alcohol, which remains untaxed and 100% legal despite being proven time and time again to be less harmful than Cannabis. The level of hypocrisy surrounding people opposed to prop 19 is astounding, and in some regards, flat-out depressing. There is no logical reason as to why Cannabis shouldn't be legal, and thus far any and all arguments from the opposition of prop 19 can be factually disproved relatively easily. And yet it still didn't pass.

It only further goes to show that the Reefer Madness stereotypes of yesteryear are still alive and well, spreading ignorance and unfair hatred to everyone within earshot. To make matters worse, everyone who smokes weed is automatically labeled "420BLUNTFACEPURPBRAH!!", which is just plain horseshit. Any serious pot smoker hates these douchebags just as much as you do, and these guys have alcohol equivalents that, once again, get to do their thing legally. 

There has been a lot of talk from non-smokers saying since weed is decriminalized here in Massachusetts it doesn't need to be legalized. That's one of the stupidest arguments of them all. Contrary to popular belief, pot isn't a phone call away for everyone who desires it, and there's so much risk involved with the trading of it that it can be a nerve-wracking and frustrating experience. Anyone who has dealt with an unreliable dealer will tell you it's incredibly frustrating to be ripped off or physically harmed with nowhere to turn because what you seek is illegal. It leads to an endless cycle of trying to get revenge on the dealer, which will inevitably get you caught and slapped with an assault charge or something. 

I'm rambling at this point, but let me say that it's disgusting that in 20-fucking-10 Marijuana is still illegal. Virtually every argument against it is complete horseshit, and yet people still blindly follow them and shoot down any effort to have it legalized. 

You are now free to quote my message and respond with various "U MAD" pics now.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By melcene
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
 The worst part is that these naysayers go home every night and drink alcohol, which remains untaxed and 100% legal despite being proven time and time again to be less harmful than Cannabis. 
Your alcohol is untaxed?!  Damn I hate you people.      

Washington has the highest liquor taxes in the nation.   In addition to high taxes, the state also charges a profit margin of 51.9 percent on each liter of alcohol it sells. 

We got to vote on privatizing our liquor sales.  AND getting rid of our liquor taxes.  And people voted them both down.  They were afraid that people would get out of bars at 2 in the morning and go to the store and..... not be able to buy liquor because stores lock their beer coolers just before 2am.  Oh, wait, they were afraid that kids, who are afraid to go into liquor stores, would now have easier access to liquor in grocery stores that.... oh, won't sell to them because they're minors.  Damn.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@melcene said:
" @Everyones_A_Critic said:
 The worst part is that these naysayers go home every night and drink alcohol, which remains untaxed and 100% legal despite being proven time and time again to be less harmful than Cannabis. 
Your alcohol is untaxed?!  Damn I hate you people.       Washington has the highest liquor taxes in the nation.   In addition to high taxes, the state also charges a profit margin of 51.9 percent on each liter of alcohol it sells.  We got to vote on privatizing our liquor sales.  AND getting rid of our liquor taxes.  And people voted them both down.  They were afraid that people would get out of bars at 2 in the morning and go to the store and..... not be able to buy liquor because stores lock their beer coolers just before 2am.  Oh, wait, they were afraid that kids, who are afraid to go into liquor stores, would now have easier access to liquor in grocery stores that.... oh, won't sell to them because they're minors.  Damn. "
Yeah, yesterday Massachusetts voted to have a tax put on liquor but naturally it failed.
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FireBurger

Coming from someone who doesn't smoke anything, I would have liked to see this pass. The tax revenue generated would be a huge boon the economy, but, more importantly, it would be a first step towards pulling the rug out from under a lot of Mexican drug cartels. Since 2006, they're responsible for some 28,000 deaths in Mexico and marijuana is one of their major trade items funding and propagating the violence. If we could start moving the drug business away from Mexican cartels and towards legalized domestic growers, that would be a great move. Granted there could still be a problem since the cartels could probably undercut the domestic prices, but I think the majority of people would forgo the risk of dealing with shady dealers and the risk of being arrested if they could buy it perfectly legally.

Marijuana doesn't have the detrimental effects of something like heroine or cocaine, so its legalization in the States would do much more good than harm.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By CastroCasper

They tried it here last year and it failed miserably, so I am not super surprised. 

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Chokobo

I don't think people realize that the money from the taxes would go to HELP THE STATE rather than PROMOTE POT.

Bums me out.  (I don't smoke, but you should be able to do whatever you want with your body.)

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Bones8677
@Everyones_A_Critic: Someone's a sore loser. o_O
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#44  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

No duh.  Sorry that was rude.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45  Edited By Sackmanjones

Wow that is just awful that a country is protecting its fellow citizens. Legalizing that is like dropping a bomb on California it will become the most disrespected state in the U.S. Don't believe me? Go ahead and vote for it again in 2012. Im fine for medicinal use but for recreational use

Also I would like to add for you stoners who don't know the U.S HAS tried to tax it and they couldn't do it, therefore weed and any other narcotics will never be legal

One more point I might ad. Tobacco companies couldnt be more AGAINST it. Who do you think would be their biggest competitor?  So you now have to government AND a rather large company against this. Sorry go smoke elsewhere

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#46  Edited By fox01313

Not a fan of mj wacky weed (or smoking in general) but I do believe that once they pass this we will never hear anything ever again from people who want to legalize pot.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47  Edited By Skald

We should legalize hookers instead.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Azteck

Well as long as no one tries banning alcohol and cigarettes, it's fine. I've never tried weed. But keeping it from being illegal seems silly.

Inf225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Inf225

Its kinda sad, im not a smoker myself, hell i dont even drink, but I don't see any reason pot is illegal, a pot smoker and going to smoke just like drinkers did during the prohibition. All this is doing is putting money into the drug dealers and criminals hands. Its just silly.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By FunExplosions

I like all the people who've posted in here that are opposed to it. They all just assume people who smoke are "stoners." I've known maybe one small crowd legitimate "stoners" in my life, and even they woke up when they left high school. Most people who smoke just do it to feel good every now-and-then. 

Saturday night I went to the most boring Halloween party on the planet. The next morning I was incredibly pissed and would have rather just been playing video games all night. Instead of being pissed all day, I just smoked a little and played some video games. That made my day a lot better. I smoke maybe 5 times a year, and I realize there are other ways to improve a sour mood, but it's a nice thing to do once in awhile. 

It's like outlawing sour-patch kids. There. That's my stance. It's like outlawing sour-patch kids. You can't pierce that logic.