PSP Mainly Gamer

Crisis_Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Crisis_Zone

Yes, that's me. I game mostly on my PlayStation Portable. Sure I own a Xbox 360 to play and my GamerTag shows I have a quite a few titles. But for this day and age, portable gaming is just more convenient, practical and enjoyable. Being able to game any place I see fit is a big reason I play on PSP. And since it has the power of a console, what do I need of one any longer? The PSP has all the game types I could ever want and some types of games that consoles will never see. 

Crisis_Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Crisis_Zone

Yes, that's me. I game mostly on my PlayStation Portable. Sure I own a Xbox 360 to play and my GamerTag shows I have a quite a few titles. But for this day and age, portable gaming is just more convenient, practical and enjoyable. Being able to game any place I see fit is a big reason I play on PSP. And since it has the power of a console, what do I need of one any longer? The PSP has all the game types I could ever want and some types of games that consoles will never see. 

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@Crisis_Zone said:
"  And since it has the power of a console, what do I need of one any longer? The PSP has all the game types I could ever want and some types of games that consoles will never see.  "
Controls and graphics.  Mainly controls.
Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jack268

Do you have CFW?

bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By bravetoaster

Good 4 you!

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

This isn't a subtle approach Sony

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Raymayne
@Crisis_Zone said:
" But for this day and age, portable gaming is just more convenient, practical and enjoyable.                                         "
No, no, no, no and no. 

Why is this a thread?
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By crusader8463

I wish I still had my old PSP. It seems like it's the only platform getting any kind of half way decent Party Turn based strategy games. I just hate playing on handhelds because of the small screen. I want to play them on my nice big computer monitor with a mouse and keyboard. Not a tiny two to three inch screen with uncomfortable controls.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RE_Player1
@Crisis_Zone said:
" Yes, that's me. I game mostly on my PlayStation Portable. Sure I own a Xbox 360 to play and my GamerTag shows I have a quite a few titles. But for this day and age, portable gaming is just more convenient, practical and enjoyable. Being able to game any place I see fit is a big reason I play on PSP. And since it has the power of a console, what do I need of one any longer? The PSP has all the game types I could ever want and some types of games that consoles will never see.  "
The PSP is great. I bought mine at launch and played Ridge Racer for like 2 years :P Than it broke and I bought a PSP 3000. I'm currently playing through Persona 3 Portable, I highly recommend it, and I want to get the God of War game that came out a couple years ago to get me ready for the one coming out this year. The PSP is a great system and I like that it doesn't have a 2nd analog stick, I really don't want to play a first person shooter on my PSP so there is no point of having one. The only problem that the PSP has, in my opinion, is that developers try to make console games for it, sometimes this works like in Persona's case but other times it doesn't like FPS games or sports games, and I'm always afraid it's going to break, it's not as sturdy as my DS. What games do you play on your PSP? 
Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Synthballs

I be liking ze Homebrew Scene on a PSP. I wish I used my PSP more though :(

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Afroman269

Cool for you I guess. I have one but it's lost in my house somewhere.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mylifeforAiur
 Not much is fun to play on the PSP, it's the damn nub >:I
Crisis_Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crisis_Zone
@SethPhotopoulos: @SethPhotopoulos said:
" @Crisis_Zone said:
"  And since it has the power of a console, what do I need of one any longer? The PSP has all the game types I could ever want and some types of games that consoles will never see.  "
Controls and graphics.  Mainly controls. "
Graphics are excellent, controls are also excellent. 
Crisis_Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Crisis_Zone
@Jack268 said:
" Do you have CFW? "
Nope, I'm 100% legit. No interest in any of that piracy crap. 
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By ESREVER

Honestly, I don't use my PSP for portable gaming. I bring it along just in case, but rarely play it outside the house. 
However, I have been playing it a ton. The PSP is getting a very impressive library of games recently. So many RPGS that would make one's head spin. 

I found most of the games that I was looking forward to were all PSP titles. Phantasy Star Portable 2, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Persona 3 Portable, etc... 

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Xeiphyer

The PSP has a ton of awesome games but for whatever reason people just overlook them and assume random casual games are the 'best' PSP games. The PSP also has sick graphics and the controls are millions of times better than trying to use a shitty touchpad on a DS to do things. (But lets not get into a debate since the DS is awesome too, but this is a PSP thread).

@Crisis_Zone said:

" @Jack268 said:
" Do you have CFW? "
Nope, I'm 100% legit. No interest in any of that piracy crap.  "

Also, Piracy is pretty lame but there are a ton of japanese games that will never get released over here that can only be played thanks to cfw. Like Gundam Battle Universe... SO Good!
ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShockD

I used to be mainly PSP games too (when the PSP was a new console). But slowly I returned to my default love, the PC.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jack268
@Crisis_Zone said:
" @Jack268 said:
" Do you have CFW? "
I'm not talking about piracy. I'm talking emulators and more games and utiliy.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pinworm45
@Jack268 said:
" @Crisis_Zone said:
" @Jack268 said:
" Do you have CFW? "
I'm not talking about piracy. I'm talking emulators and more games and utiliy. "
and homebrew games. 

Weird how people still think CFW instantly = piracy. I mean I know that's part of it, but still. No one freaks out about it when you mention modding PC games for example.
mosdef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By mosdef

PSP with CFW has been by far my fav console.  I purchased a huge amount of games for various systems over the last 20+ years and it still blows me away that I can carry most of them on 1 device.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I usually play my PSP-3000 when I'm on a break in college, currently playing MGS: Peace Walker, Kingdom Hearts:BBS and What did I do to deserve this my lord 2.

Love the PSP and can't wait to see what Sony has in store for the PSP2 (two analog sticks).

Vao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Vao

I want to like my psp but for every good game i find worth playing theres couple hundred junk titles to wade though, the controls are far from perfect (FPS with one analog stick) the console has been out so long and Sony keeps "updating" it with failed attempts at innovation (should i mention Go!?)   and personality when i'm no the go i don't need to play video games every single moment of my day. i can wait till i get home and set infront of a good tv and play ps3 or 360 or even PC games. 

plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By plop1920

I absolutely love my cfw psp, its seriously one of my favorite consoles. Emulation is fantastic!

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WickedCobra03

I personally play mine a ton.  With Persona 3 Portable and Valkyria Chonicles II just out, I have been playing a bunch during my breaks at college.

Distrato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Distrato

Love my Big Boss PSP. 

Avatar image for oppressivestink
OppressiveStink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By OppressiveStink

A list of reasons from a man who owns 30PSP games why the PSP ain't so hot:

• Terrible battery life, which means, you're tethered to a wall outlet, making the system no longer portable.
  • Oblong design making it difficult to put in a pocket, once again, hindering it's portability.
  • Suffers from multiple personalities: Game machine?  Media player?  Don't say "Apple" here because the touch interface is much more intuitive than the XMB.
  • UMD media, games too bulky to bring too many around with you.  Battery life eaten away by the disc drive.
  • Game design:  Almost all the games are designed with a home console in mind.  This doesn't translate well to portable gaming.  Most PSP games want you to sit and digest like a home experience, which, once again, cuts into it's portability.
  • Too many remakes and console ports.
  • Trying to re-create the console experience without a second analog stick = fail.  It makes every PSP game that attempts 3D action games feel like PS1 games.

I put CFW on mine so I could enjoy some emulators, which is really the only joy I get.  Besides, installing the game to disk after ripping it saves a lot on battery time as it only accesses the mem card and doesn't require a bunch of moving parts.
habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By habster3

I wish the system actually had more quality games; it had so much potential.

Crisis_Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Crisis_Zone
@Xeiphyer said:
" The PSP has a ton of awesome games but for whatever reason people just overlook them and assume random casual games are the 'best' PSP games. The PSP also has sick graphics and the controls are millions of times better than trying to use a shitty touchpad on a DS to do things. (But lets not get into a debate since the DS is awesome too, but this is a PSP thread).

@Crisis_Zone said:
" @Jack268 said:
" Do you have CFW? "
Also, Piracy is pretty lame but there are a ton of japanese games that will never get released over here that can only be played thanks to cfw. Like Gundam Battle Universe... SO Good! "
You're wrong about that. You can import any Japanese game that's worth playing. I've imported a few games in my time. Piracy is never the solution. Plus I don't want to mess around and risk bricking my PSP. 
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By artofwar420
@Crisis_Zone:  Good for you, I'm sure you're gonna go bananas when the PSP2 is announced... officially. It's out there bro.
Crisis_Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Crisis_Zone
@RE_Player92 said:
" @Crisis_Zone said:
" Yes, that's me. I game mostly on my PlayStation Portable. Sure I own a Xbox 360 to play and my GamerTag shows I have a quite a few titles. But for this day and age, portable gaming is just more convenient, practical and enjoyable. Being able to game any place I see fit is a big reason I play on PSP. And since it has the power of a console, what do I need of one any longer? The PSP has all the game types I could ever want and some types of games that consoles will never see.  "
The PSP is great. I bought mine at launch and played Ridge Racer for like 2 years :P Than it broke and I bought a PSP 3000. I'm currently playing through Persona 3 Portable, I highly recommend it, and I want to get the God of War game that came out a couple years ago to get me ready for the one coming out this year. The PSP is a great system and I like that it doesn't have a 2nd analog stick, I really don't want to play a first person shooter on my PSP so there is no point of having one. The only problem that the PSP has, in my opinion, is that developers try to make console games for it, sometimes this works like in Persona's case but other times it doesn't like FPS games or sports games, and I'm always afraid it's going to break, it's not as sturdy as my DS. What games do you play on your PSP?  "
I've really found no problem with any game that was made specifically for the PSP and that is most of them, including the first person shooters, of which I own Coded Arms, Medal of Honor Heroes, Ghost In The Shell and Star Wars Battlefront II. Sure there's a lack of a second analog but I don't really need it. The games have ample aim assists compensating for the PSP's short comings. Coded Arms in particular being my favorite FPS on the system is pretty unigue, it plays like an old-school corridor shooter but with upgrades and random levels. After completing the game you unlock an infinity mode where you play an never ending game that increases in difficulty. Fun to see how far one can go.  

But to answer your question I like to play a variety of genres on PSP including shooters, RPG's, puzzles, strategy and just one sport - Baseball. The PSP version of MLB The Show is just as featured as the console versions. Amazing game. 
Crisis_Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Crisis_Zone
I really don't care nor want the PSP2 right now, I'm quite happy with the current one. The PSP2 will probably be too expensive anyway. 

@OppressiveStink
said:
" A list of reasons from a man who owns 30PSP games why the PSP ain't so hot:
  • Terrible battery life, which means, you're tethered to a wall outlet, making the system no longer portable.
  • Oblong design making it difficult to put in a pocket, once again, hindering it's portability.
  • Suffers from multiple personalities: Game machine?  Media player?  Don't say "Apple" here because the touch interface is much more intuitive than the XMB.
  • UMD media, games too bulky to bring too many around with you.  Battery life eaten away by the disc drive.
  • Game design:  Almost all the games are designed with a home console in mind.  This doesn't translate well to portable gaming.  Most PSP games want you to sit and digest like a home experience, which, once again, cuts into it's portability.
  • Too many remakes and console ports.
  • Trying to re-create the console experience without a second analog stick = fail.  It makes every PSP game that attempts 3D action games feel like PS1 games.
 I put CFW on mine so I could enjoy some emulators, which is really the only joy I get.  Besides, installing the game to disk after ripping it saves a lot on battery time as it only accesses the mem card and doesn't require a bunch of moving parts. "
- Stock battery with a PSP3000 lasts 4-5 hours, with the Stamina battery(which I have) you can get 10-11 hours. Seems fine to me 
 - If you can't fit a PSP in your pocket you must be wearing the tightest jeans on the planet. Seriously, what? 
- It marketed as a game machine first and foremost and it excels at that. Anything else is a just a bonus.  
- UMD's tiny, battery life explained already, same tired old arguments since 2005 don't hold weight any longer.  
- Nope, all games are designed to be played on the PSP be they console like or unique. Console games on the go is one of it's pluses anyway. What did you think the PSP was?  
- Not enough remakes or console ports actually,  same tired old arguments since 2005 don't hold weight any longer.   
- If a gamer can't adapt to one control stick then you fail as a gamer. All games on PSP were created to be used with the buttons so your argument is invalid. 

So all your arguments are old BS people used to say way back in 2005 against the PSP. Wow, how original. And that you have to resort to piracy further proves you're a shmuck. 
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@Crisis_Zone said:
" @SethPhotopoulos: @SethPhotopoulos said:
" @Crisis_Zone said:
Controls and graphics.  Mainly controls. "
Graphics are excellent, controls are also excellent.  "
They are.  But they are better on the PS3/360. 

I love the PSP for old PS1 games and they're remakes as well as RPG's but for action games like God Of War and MGS Peace Walker it could be better because of the amount of controls as well as them having gorgeous counterparts on the PS3.  Peace Walker is my game of the year though.
gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By gunslingerNZ

I don't really see the attraction in portable gaming. When I'm on the go I normally listen to music or read books to occupy myself rather than playing games and when I'm at home I'd rather play on console or PC. 

The only portable I've ever owned was a Gameboy original and while it was cool when I was a kid I really don't feel the need to get another one. There are some cool games on the PSP that I'd like to check out but they're not enough to justify the ridiculous price tag.

Crisis_Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Crisis_Zone

You don't see the attraction of being able to game anywhere, not just on the go? I mainly play my PSP at home. If the only portable you owned was the original Gameboy then I got to tell you, times have changed and portables, specifically the PSP, are so sophisticated that it's not even funny.  And if you think 170 is a ridiculous price tag I'd like for you to justify the price for a console that doesn't include its on monitor. Lots of people keep claiming that the PSP isn't worth it except for this game and that game and this game and that game. Come on...

I'm not disputing that console games have better controls because they do, but what the PSP does it does well. But mainly it's the games I find more fun to play happen to be on the PSP and having them portable makes them even sweeter. 

Kiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Kiro

the games the PSP have is more suited for a big screen. My PSP mostly collected dust for a few years before I sold it. I guess a handheld is useful if you can't go a few hours without a sweet, sweet pixel fix.

Crisis_Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Crisis_Zone

Sorry you bought a device you didn't want. 

Avatar image for oppressivestink
OppressiveStink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By OppressiveStink
@Crisis_Zone:
 I've got a PSP 1001, the original PSP, the LAUNCH PSP.  So any arguments that I have include the one I own because buying ANOTHER giant battery sucking console would be retarded.  Also, nice insults kiddo, I guess you regard the PSP with some gusto huh?  I guess that's what I get for offering an opinion on a flame bait thread.  

I guess I'll refute your points, the same way you did mine, in order, addressing each issue you got so asspained about in my opinion.

- Battery life is STILL an issue, if "buy another battery" is the improvement you can come up with. 

-  Here's a picture of things that fit comfortably into a pocket next to a PSP.  Look how much larger the PSP is than, oh, say a WALLET, which is designed to sit in a pocket.  Fit?  Yes, the same way a fat man fits in an airline seat.  Very uncomfortably.

-  Every hand held game machine is marketed as a "game machine" but PSP marketed to waaay more than gamers.  Want a few examples of it's schizophrenic marketing?  There are way more than just these two, but I'll leave it at these.  

Old PSP commercials:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTlf1IlkToI&feature=related and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M36pjw20-aI&feature=related 

- I guess I also needed to take pictures of a UMD against a DS cart and a GBA cart.  Notice that the nintendo products are solid state which means, no additional energy is needed to access the game information.  You know, the same media that totally needs another battery to have any real sort of portability.  BTW, the UMD is roughly the size of two GBA carts aligned top to top (rectangle).  Here you go:

No Caption Provided

- More console ports?  Holy shit, you need more?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Portable_games.  There are only 72 PSP games that are not: 1) Console ports, 2) Watered down versions of home games,  3) Children's games, or 4) Remakes.  That's 72 out of about 700.  Per metacritic, Only about 140 of them scored over a 73%.  This score is derived from a majority of ports from AAA games that had been released (to usually a higher review score) on home consoles.

- What do I think the PSP was?  A portable video game system.   I guess what it really is, is a "couch" system, a system meant to be played while watching the TV.  Games that are designed to be portable have quick and rewarding "bites" of gameplay, on a system that can go to sleep for multiple hours(not needing an additional battery or slow access times off of an optical media).  

- Lol, I fail as a gamer?  PSP had such an issue without dual analog controls, Sony had to program a way for it to interface with a PS3.  Resistance: Retribution was nearly an unplayable mess without being able to use a PS3 controller.  Also, google "PSP Analog Mod" to see how many people thought that the nub was fucking terrible.

Yes, they probably had the same arguments as me in 2005.  It's a shame that in four years, the PSP still hasn't been good enough to shake that stigma.  As far as pirating goes, the CFW is for emulating and ripping my OWN games to memory card.  The games I'm emulating are games I own and don't want to hook up an old console for.   So, thank you for your insults, now go fuck yourself.

No Caption Provided
ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ColinWright
@OppressiveStink: That's a sweet stack of Saturn games. Also, totally agree.
jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jasta

Original games for the PSP are getting pretty slim these days, no?

sixdemonbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By sixdemonbag

I would love to play my PSP more, but its busy collecting dust somewhere.  

I wouldn't mind playing some Peacewalker or the God of War games, but I'm rocking a first gen PSP so both battery life and load times are a concern, plus the controls are an issue for me.  Not because it doesn't have a second analog stick, but because I find all handhelds uncomfortable to hold.   

I considered buying a PSP go because it would clear up many of these issues, but I prefer having some kind of physical media.

Crisis_Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Crisis_Zone

@Oppressive Stink:  

- Battery life: You own a PSP1001, that's a system that is over 5 years old. The battery you have is so old now that you are lucky if it even holds a charge. Did you think these batteries were built to last forever or retain the same charge as if they were new? They do not,.You must buy a new battery and not base your opinion on something that has wear and tear as if it was brand new. You are also playing with an out of date discontinued PSP. The newer ones have twice the RAM and have better features. I'm not insulting you personally but your opinions are the same garbage Nintendo fanboys spewed right after the system was released.  I recommend, as one PSP owner to another, to seek out an Official Sony Stamina Battery, buy it and I guarantee you will see at least 6-7 hours of battery life from your system from playing UMD games. 

- Size comparisons: Now, I see in your skewed picture of portables standing next to each other that you have your PSP resting on top of the cloth pouch which makes the PSP look larger then it really is. None of the other devices you have there is sitting on a pouch. That's not being honest, sir. But let's take the first two and compare them, the DSlite and the PSP. Sure your PSP1000 will be a bit bigger then the DSlite but were are in the year 2010 and most people either own PSP2000's or 3000's...or even a PSPgo which is smaller then both of them. My PSP2000 is the a tiny bit less thick then my DSlite in its closed position. vertically, my PSP2000 is also less in size to my DSlite but just barely. Horizontally, the PSP is longer but by only an inch or so. The weight of the two is not significantly different either. I'm sure the PSP1000 is heavier, I used to own one but the current models are light. The system fits easily in my pocket. Even the PSP1000 fit. I'm of average size I suppose, 6'1" about 210 pounds and I wear normal jeans.  Exaggerations and hyperole isn't going to win you awards. 

- Marketing: Sony did screw up the PSP's marketing but today they advertise the machine as a gaming platform. And I can assure you that real gamers aren't stupid and new what they were buying. We knew it was a game system just by the name "PlayStation" Portable. Pretty easy concept to recognize, no? 

- UMD: I'm aware of the size differences between the UMD and the cart and that because of moving parts more battery power is needed. But I also explained your battery problem in better detail above so we don't need to go there. But I will say that at the time UMDs were Sony's only cost effective solution to bring the kind of sophisticated games they planned to bring to a handheld. Also UMD's aren't too big to carry a few with you.  

- Ports: You can show me a list of all the PSP games all you want but that doesn't tell me which games you claim are all ports. And when you said ports we all knew you to mean a game that existed on another system brought over to the PSP. The PSP does have a few of those straight ports but not as many as you claim. A multi-platform port is not the same thing as a straight port. When a new third-party game is released often it will appear on many systems. This is a normal marketing strategy that's been around for a very long time. Take The Force Unleashed for example. It was released on the PS3, 360, Wii, PS2, DS and PSP. Not all of the games were exactly the same however. The PS3 and 360 versions were identical. The DS version completely different then all of them and the Wii, PS2 and PSP all shared the same engine...but in the end, it was the PSP version that contained the most content and superior gameplay. Funny how that turned out.  Often times a PSP "version" of a game serious previously seen on consoles is made much much better. 

Also let's take the game Need For Speed Most Wanted 5-1-0. You could say it was a port of Most wanted on consoles but it really wasn't. It was a spin-off. It didn't have a free-roam mode but all the tracks were completely new and, unlock the console games, you could be the cop in a separate police missions. Not too shabby for a "port", eh? Need For Speed Undercover and Underground Rivers were multi-platform ports that were disappointing somewhat for their lack of the free-roam modes but at least the Need For Speed Carbon game had it.  

Remakes also do not count as ports...because they're remakes...and often completely revamped. So instead of showing me a list of all PSP games I think the burden is on you to provide a list of some PSP games you think are straight ports and which are watered down because I just can't tell from you lack of vision.  And subjective review scores mean nothing in judging a game's quality unless you can't think for yourself. 

- Portable system: A portable gaming system can be whatever you want it to be but it doesn't have to be that way for everybody. Some people assume that the "bite-sized gaming" stereotype is what portable gaming is. Some people think you can only use portables while going on a trip or on a train or at lunch. But I can tell you I've spent more hours playing something like Monster Hunter or Peace Walker in one sitting then I ever have on a console. The ability to play anywhere I choose is the draw, not the bite-sized quick gaming fix. It's also the convenience of not having to hog a TV and wait for the system to power up. Sleep mode's are godsends.  

- Controls: Assuming Sony programmed the ability to interface with a controller is just you reaching. That's not the case. Shooters play fine on the PSP if you learn to adapt to the control schemes, which most are fully mapable to suit your preferences. But yes, if you cannot play Resistance Retribution on it's default stop-and-pop settings without a dual-shock controller, you fail hard as a gamer. The reticule is so large a blind chimp couldn't miss.  

- Going and fucking myself: Thank you for showing that you are indeed a hot-headed unintelligent troll who loves to spew the fanboy garbage since 2005. Sorry to hear you are such a terrible poster and wretched human being. :)

Crisis_Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Crisis_Zone
@Jasta said:
" Original games for the PSP are getting pretty slim these days, no? "
No.