Quaren-titles: Pile of Shame

grunski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey Bombers,

With the lockdown in full swing and paychecks getting lighter for some (myself included) i've taken the opportunity to start working through my 'pile of shame' - the games you've gotten over the years and either not finished or in the case of some games bought on Steam sales or Humble Bundles not even started. I have some 500 titles in my Steam library and I think i've played maybe half since I got Orange Box way back when.

So, to kick things off I've started with Divinity Original Sin 2!

The Balders Gate 3 footage got me really pumped for my next adventure along the Sword Coast in Farun and as it's the game which got Larian the job I wanted to try playing it again.

So my question to you all is: what games do you have in your 'pile of shame', and which ones do you want to try and get through while we're all isolating at home?

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

If I wasn't completely absorbed in Animal Crossing at the moment there's a good chance I'd be playing Bloodborne right now. Jan's recent play through has really inspired me, although he's appeared to have given up because of the Blood Starved Beast, just like I did.

Other games that are at the top of my impossibly long list of games I want to get to, but already own:

Mario Galaxy 2, Resident Evil 1 and 2 remakes, Thimbleweed Park, Antichamber, and the Zelda Oracle games.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm finishing Assassin's Creed Odyssey, learning Stellaris, and finally getting around to Bioshock 2, which my partner has been prodding me to play since we started dating 6 years ago. I'm also going to try and finish Resident Evil 4 for the first time, which I've been sitting at the halfway mark on for about a year.

I should play more Disco Elysium, but what I played of it before everything went to shit was so damn melancholy I don't think it would be a great idea to pick that back up in the middle of the Current Situation.

Other things I might poke at depending on how long this goes and what my employment situation looks like:

• Restarting Prey and actually finishing it this time
  • Dishonored 2
  • Finishing Divinity OS 2
  • Playing all the Fallout 4 and Skyrim DLC I never actually got around to despite dumping hundreds of hours into both games
TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TheFlamingo352

I got Xbox Gamepass on PC and went from wishing I was playing more games to drowning in stuff to finish. I keep getting halfway through something and then finding another game that really grabs me. Some of my favourites on there right now:

• Indivisible | 1/2 finished | a really novel thing to me, and despite a handful of critiques it's been a really fun ride so far.

• Sea of Thieves | 3/4 finished | Griefing and long session times have led me to a love-hate relationship with it, but it's the only game that my entire friend circle can agree on playing, and it's really impressive how many new things they've added.

• Hollow Knight | Just started | I'm a massive fan of Super Metroid, and consequently am already a massive fan of Hollow Knight. The map is super cool, great music, etc.

• Age of Empires 2 Remastered | meh | There's no way I'm gonna get through much of the campaigns, but it's been fun booting this back up for nostalgia's sake.

• A Plague Tale | Just started | Really like the pitch and visuals. I'm not far enough to have any solid opinions yet, but I wanna play more

• Halo MCC | Just started | Never played the original Halo...and it's missing a lot of my favourite shit--dualwielding, energy swords, etc--from later games. Thankfully I'll never have to worry about it leaving Gamepass, so it's a low priority to finish.