Random thought

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By rick

One of my good friends is a professional dancer. When I tell him about my work and that we're about to launch something we've been working hard on for weeks he gets excited for me on launch day. For him, he spends weeks in choreography, rehearsals staging etc. and at the end there's a big performance, celebration and accolades. He expects the same for me. He doesn't understand that here, its just stress, fear and loathing until its out then the question "What's next?" and maybe a clean up of my desktop...

goreyfantod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"...fear and loathing..."

I see what you did, there, you sly devil, you.

holyxion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By holyxion

Just so you know, people definitely do take notice of your work, even if it isn't expressed that effusively. Anyway, a dancers performance is enjoyed once and becomes memory, a piece of software can be saved and reused forever, so it's not all bad in my opinion.

richyhahn4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a musician I can understand the thoughts you have, I suppose his version of "whats next" would be the opportunists that may open up after the big performance that he spent so much time getting ready for.

As such in my case, my band goes and plays at a bar to entertain a small crowd and have good time out...hoping we atleast make our gas and beer money back, but we hope that this allows the next show to be bigger and do more for us.

Just as I imagine that after spending alot of crunch time on building this site, you then have a new platform to further build on and do more with the work you have already spent time on?

It's a shame that we don't all stand-up and applaud you guys for your efforts in making this silly website about "video games" work as well as it does though,

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

...Beast Mode.