#1  Edited By NTM
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NTM

Hopefully this makes as much sense to everyone as it does to me.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ryanwho

Still can't flag terrible polls huh. Yo Dave.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

I believe in reincarnation. Where does that place me?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By napalm
@ryanwho said:
Site's down? 

I'm like, -3.
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Dany

Agnostics are just atheist without balls.

also flagging polls would be GREAT

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

What's religion? All I know is that villains use it to be evil and stuff. So is it a corporation or something?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Right in the middle - 5 (agnostic) 

@Dany said:

Yup, that's me
tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By tmthomsen

@Ahmad_Metallic: Agnosticism says nothing about your level of belief. It's a claim of knowledge.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By theguy
@Dany said:

@TMThomsen said:

@Ahmad_Metallic: Agnosticism says nothing about your level of belief. It's a claim of knowledge.

Exactly, you can be both. I am.
lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By lazyturtle

Ok...this poll really doesn't make sense. 

Either you believe in an all powerful being (aka god(s)) or not. If you entertain the possibility that something like that exists, you are religious. If you don't, you aren't. The brand name of your religion is irrelevant to the question.

If you do believe in such a being, you can either be: 
(a) agnostic (where you have some form of faith, however it isn't in an organized, conventional religion)  
or
(b) religious (or as you put it a Theist). You can't 35% believe in god(s)...either they exist or they don't (protip: they don't).  

What exactly do you mean by a 7/10 religion level? Does that mean that you go to church but you DON'T let the priest touch your butt? Does it mean that you pray, but don't go to church? Does it mean you practice ritualized cannibalism or not?
 Do those things really have anything to do with your level of faith or do they merely reflect your devotion to the rituals of faith? 
IMO someone could be very religious, even very christian, without going to church ever (and its not really my opinion, it is Paul's opinion/quotation of Jesus).  

What I think you might be interested in finding out, is how much people are practicing their religion. I can see where that might slide you around on a scale (ie weekly church gets you a point, praying gets you a point, eating bits of bread while pretending its actually human flesh gets you 4 points. Actually eating human flesh gets you 6, etc).  Try again.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Emilio
Don't do it!! 
This is an FIB trick!
Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Fuck I'm only 1 religions, spin it again Debbie!

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By nintendoeats

2. Because taking an absolute stance on a position is intellectually dishonest.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Doctorchimp
@Dany said:

How do you feel about agnostic atheists?
Abigailnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Abigailnn

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lazyturtle said:
If you do believe in such a being, you can either be: (a) agnostic (where you have some form of faith, however it isn't in an organized, conventional religion)
That's not what agnostic means, bro.
Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Justin258
@lazyturtle said:
Ok...this poll really doesn't make sense.  Either you believe in an all powerful being (aka god(s)) or not. If you entertain the possibility that something like that exists, you are religious. If you don't, you aren't. The brand name of your religion is irrelevant to the question. If you do believe in such a being, you can either be: (a) agnostic (where you have some form of faith, however it isn't in an organized, conventional religion)  or(b) religious (or as you put it a Theist). You can't 35% believe in god(s)...either they exist or they don't (protip: they don't).    What exactly do you mean by a 7/10 religion level? Does that mean that you go to church but you DON'T let the priest touch your butt? Does it mean that you pray, but don't go to church? Does it mean you practice ritualized cannibalism or not? Do those things really have anything to do with your level of faith or do they merely reflect your devotion to the rituals of faith? IMO someone could be very religious, even very christian, without going to church ever (and its not really my opinion, it is Paul's opinion/quotation of Jesus).  What I think you might be interested in finding out, is how much people are practicing their religion. I can see where that might slide you around on a scale (ie weekly church gets you a point, praying gets you a point, eating bits of bread while pretending its actually human flesh gets you 4 points. Actually eating human flesh gets you 6, etc).  Try again.
Pretty much this. 

Either you believe there is a God or you don't. Maybe you could say you're on the fence about it, but I'm certain there isn't 10 different levels of belief. 

Now, rating how, um, "hardcore" religious you are is a different story. I'm guessing that's what the OP meant, so I'm going to say... wait a minute... 

...seven. I think. I believe God is real and say a prayer every night before bed, but I haven't been to church in forever and I haven't read my Bible in quite a while. 

I guess most of your homophobic anti-fun Christians (read: the stereotype, not the reality) would have a big problem with me because I don't have a problem with curse words (and have been known to use them more than sometimes), I don't have any problems with homosexuality (it's a sin, we're all sinners, I have no room to judge), and I don't often go to church (because I stay up far too late on Saturday nights).
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By crusader8463

I'm extremely religious, as I strongly believe in my beliefs. They just so happen to not include a god or worshipping blindly to an altar to nothingness so they are not shared by many people.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, to be honest, I'm more in favour of the five-star scale.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@lazyturtle said:

Ok...this poll really doesn't make sense. Either you believe in an all powerful being (aka god(s)) or not. If you entertain the possibility that something like that exists, you are religious. If you don't, you aren't. The brand name of your religion is irrelevant to the question. If you do believe in such a being, you can either be: (a) agnostic (where you have some form of faith, however it isn't in an organized, conventional religion) or(b) religious (or as you put it a Theist). You can't 35% believe in god(s)...either they exist or they don't (protip: they don't). What exactly do you mean by a 7/10 religion level? Does that mean that you go to church but you DON'T let the priest touch your butt? Does it mean that you pray, but don't go to church? Does it mean you practice ritualized cannibalism or not? Do those things really have anything to do with your level of faith or do they merely reflect your devotion to the rituals of faith? IMO someone could be very religious, even very christian, without going to church ever (and its not really my opinion, it is Paul's opinion/quotation of Jesus). What I think you might be interested in finding out, is how much people are practicing their religion. I can see where that might slide you around on a scale (ie weekly church gets you a point, praying gets you a point, eating bits of bread while pretending its actually human flesh gets you 4 points. Actually eating human flesh gets you 6, etc). Try again.

No.... Not at all true. There are people who are uncertain of their faith, there are those that are unwavering,t here are those that have a slight incling, there are those that suspect something might be possible, but don't actively believe that it is true, and there are people who actively do not have religion.

Also, being religious isn't the same thing as believing more or less. More religious would mean things like, you go to church more often, you partake in more religious traditions and beliefs (stoning gays, being intolerant towards other religions, that kinda thing!), you let it into more of your day to day life (for example, having religious icons in your home), etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Agnostic. I believe there's something out there, but we mustn't make conflict by stating that our ideas are correct.

Shimakaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Shimakaze

@TMThomsen: @TMThomsen said:

Rather a claim of lack of knowledge (in a good way). Agnostic means you don't know if there is a higher power but don't rule out the possibility, atheism is a complete rejection of the concept.

According to Wikipedia: Agnosticism is the view that the truth value of certain claims—especially claims about the existence or non-existence of any deity, but also other religious and metaphysical claims—is unknown or unknowable.

Personally I feel the supposed lack of evidence either way should not be used as evidence that there "could be" something. It's just jumping to conclusions based on the hope there is something.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By iam3green

i would say i'm a 5 or so. i'm not atheist but i don't go to church and pray everyday.

pieman32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pieman32

agnostic.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giantbomb is a commune of godless heathens.

Woo.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By turboman

I need to start brushing up some bible lessons for 58% of Giant Bomb.

illumAeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By illumAeed

I fall in the Agnostic atheist scale. 

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pinworm45
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
Right in the middle - 5 (agnostic)
That's now how the graph works and that's not what agnostic is.
Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Seriously though, where's my OVER 9000 option?

What kind of shitty Internet poll are you running?!

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pinworm45
@nintendoeats said:

The poll is "how religious are you?" not "how much do you know jesus didnt exist". You can be "completely not religious"... 
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nintendoeats
@Pinworm45 as previously established, this is a badly designed poll. By that logic you could be religiously athiest and devote your time to smiting religion. Therefore, the poll does not match the question.

It would be the same number anyway.
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Afroman269

@ryanwho said:

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By McGhee
yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#36  Edited By yetiantics

I give myself 4 puppies!

Frederik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Frederik

@nintendoeats said:

QFT

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By FancySoapsMan

All I know is, I don't accept anything as being true unless there's proof.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By nintendoeats
@Frederik

@nintendoeats said:

QFT

I've just realized that I used the phrase "stance on a position." I wish I could unsee that.
d_breeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By d_breeze
uh... I believe in God... so I'm a Theist which means a 10 by this poll, but I don't understand the scale. 

As far as how much I "practice" I'd give myself a 8. I go to church (when I'm away at school), serve, and pray, but I don't read everyday and when I'm at home I don't go to church. I have a lot of friends that are more "devoted" than I am and have different personal beliefs than I do (since most of them are conservative and I'm democrat so I tend to "fit in" better with my secular friends when it comes to pretty much everything besides religion)
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MrKlorox

Someone just bust out the Dawkins Scale and let's be done with it. It's basically what this poll asks, but actually makes sense.

mattclassic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mattclassic

I guess I'm about a 6.

Thor was definitely a real person who once walked the earth and could control the elements, but all that shit about frost giants and moon-eating wolves is just silly.

TearsInRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TearsInRain

I prefer agnostic over athiest.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Pinworm45
@nintendoeats said:

@Pinworm45 as previously established, this is a badly designed poll. By that logic you could be religiously athiest and devote your time to smiting religion. Therefore, the poll does not match the question. It would be the same number anyway.

By no logic on any planet can you be "religiously atheist" unless you're using "religiously" as hyperbole and there is no reason to assume the poll is doing any such thing 

@MattClassic said: 
I guess I'm about a 6.  Thor was definitely a real person who once walked the earth and could control the elements, but all that shit about frost giants and moon-eating wolves is just silly.
Jesus promised to save us from evil. Thor promised to save us from Frost Giants. I don't see any frost giants..
EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By EvilDingo
@Doctorchimp said:
@Dany said:

How do you feel about agnostic atheists?
Any honest atheist (honest to themselves also) should consider themselves agnostic atheist... 

Gnosticism/agnosticism are claims about knowledge about a subject. 
No matter how much lacking evidence there is towards the existence of deities, doesn't mean you with can claim certain knowledge about them not existing.  

Well, I guess you CAN claim certain knowledge about the lacking existence of deities - but that is just as dishonest as theist claiming certainty about their claim.

Gnostic atheist is somewhat of a oxymoron... Just saying...
Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Vodun

@lazyturtle: Religion and belief are not the same. You can be extremely religious without believing. Religion is just the following of ritual, for example a cult leader doesn't have to believe the world is ending in 2012, but he makes damn sure he follows the religion he created which allows him to fuck all the little girls and boys in his congregation.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By lord_canti

6 i beleve in god but not as much as say creationists

diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By diz

@Pinworm45 said:

@nintendoeats said:

@Pinworm45 as previously established, this is a badly designed poll. By that logic you could be religiously athiest and devote your time to smiting religion. Therefore, the poll does not match the question. It would be the same number anyway.

By no logic on any planet can you be "religiously atheist" unless you're using "religiously" as hyperbole and there is no reason to assume the poll is doing any such thing

Have you not heard of Universal Unitarianism, or even Buddhism?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Shouldn't athiest be 0? I want to vote 0.