Rate the Last Show you Binged

Avatar image for not_a_bumblebee
not_a_bumblebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I saw there wasn't a thread similar to the "The Last Movie you Watched" for TV shows. Same deal as that thread just tell me what show you last binged and what you thought about it. You can give it a score if you want because those are fun to do.

The Tick (Amazon Prime) - I like how the show isn't just a parody of superhero tropes, though there is plenty of that, and is a just a really great superhero show. Peter Serafinowicz and Griffin Newman make an amazing Tick and Arthur. The second season deals with a SHIELD-esque superhero governing body called AEGIS. 5 Spoons!!!

Santa Clarita Diet (Netflix) - It's kinda like a sitcom where Drew Barrymore just happens to be a flesh eating sentient zombie. The hokey sitcom plots mixed with blood and guts works surprisingly well. It's not perfect but it's entertaining enough. Plus I'll give anything with Timothy Olyphant in it a chance. 3.5 Mr. Ball Legs out of 5

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By shiftygism

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (limbo until Disney+) - Had this on my watch list for years and saw they were yanking it off Netflix on April 7, so I did a two week binge picking back up where I had left off midway through season two. It has its fair share of problems, some large-scale battles drag on for entirely too long, and there's the occasional annoying character in the mix (Jar Jar, Ziro the Hutt), but dammit if it isn't some of the best produced Star Wars stories including most of the films. There's some really good three to four episode arcs throughout the show, and there's so much in the way of satisfying world building it'll actually make you appreciate the prequel era of the saga. I know a lot of people skipped out on it because it was animated, but hopefully they'll give it a shot on Disney+ this fall when they drop the new season as Rogue One, Solo, and the upcoming live-action shows have, and most likely will pull elements from it.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really binge watch shows or watch Netflix all that much but after getting the same flu everyone was getting I decided to watch Haunting of Hill House which felt like several different shows vying for screen time. Ultimately it was a very satisfying show that delivered in that creeping sense of dread. Won't go into spoilers but it ended in a way that made me feel unexpectedly hopeful but melancholy, kind of hard to parse.

I also watch The Mist on Netflix but that was when my fever was an all time high and the show seemed like a wild mess of people arguing in malls and churches, but then again I can't be certain if I imagined some of it. I'll try watching it again but I think at some point I just closed my eyes and let the fever so it's thing during the more unsavory parts.

stabfreely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By stabfreely

Got a month of HBO Now free, so signed up early and have been binging on the last 7 seasons of GoT, in preparation for tonight's season 8 first show...

I think its the best written dialogue and acted show I have ever seen, that includes most movies I have ever seen.

I was glad my wife and I waited so long to watch it (We started last year) ....I got HBO Now for a few months to watch Westworld and then got hooked on GoT....

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not enough people in my life have seen 'godless' on netflix. it's a limited run series (only 7 episodes, which i deeply respect)- and as far as modern westerns go, it's outstanding. jeff daniels is a fantastic villain.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Superstore (Hulu) - I love it! Recently got a subscription to Hulu and it recommended this show to me, gave it a chance and I was suddenly watching the whole thing two times. I'm not gonna sit here and call it one of the greatest shows of all time or anything but its funny and lighthearted while still commenting on serious issues, my favorite kind of show.

Archer (Hulu) - I also love it! The show doesn't need much of an introduction but I'm just now jumping on board and I'm loving it.

echasketchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It took a while but I finally watched all of Star Trek Voyager, so I've now seen all the main Trek shows (no animated series). It was okay! Certainly better than Enterprise, but I don't think the writing was up to par with either DS9 or TNG. The way it ends is really sloppy too, and felt very rushed. But overall I liked those characters and seeing their adventures was worth my time.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By penguindust

The Toast of London (8/10). The previous show I binged was The I.T. Crowd, and Matt Berry was a supporting character in that show. The Toast of London was a Netflix suggestion. The humor is weirder than The I.T. Crowd, but I definitely enjoyed it. Berry plays "Steven Toast", a third-rate actor who's starring in a play so bad it is picketed during each performance. Practically every episode opens with Toast recording a voice-over of some sort and there's a great running gag with another character named "Clem Fandango". Each episode also has an original song. There are three seasons currently with a fourth promised whenever.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Billions - Damian Lewis is compelling in everything that he is in and Paul Giamatti is Paul Giamatti. As ridiculous as some parts of the show are and some of the plot turns are, and generally how horrible all of the characters are, I find it to be really compelling and just enjoyable to watch. I'm currently up to date with the show and am now just working through the new episodes as they come out.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

NewsRadio- it's my favorite TV comedy ever

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My answer is who actually has time to "binge watch" anything

not_a_bumblebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My answer is who actually has time to "binge watch" anything

Classic Dutch post. Give yourself a pat on the back if you get that reference to a Canadian based podcast because I'm not explaining it.

Oz (Amazon Prime and HBO) - My partner had never seen the show and after I introduced her to The Sopranos last year she was curious. Is this the first HBO prestige drama? Anyway doesn't hold up as well as The Sopranos but there is still some excellent performances from a who's who of amazing character actors with still relevant storylines about prison reform and politics. Downside is the use of magic realism and just how nihilistic everything is gets kinda old several seasons in. 3 man a lot of this cast went on to do The Wire which you should probably watch instead out of 5

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Brooklyn 99, Big Mouth and Twin Peaks. Basically all the same show.

hankrazorbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: "Who has time?" asks the man with 13,000 posts on a video game forum.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Russian Doll - Loved it to pieces, but I can see how some people find the dialogue grating. Biggest problem I had was how shitty their fake video game looked.

not_a_bumblebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Russian Doll - Loved it to pieces, but I can see how some people find the dialogue grating. Biggest problem I had was how shitty their fake video game looked.

LOL it looked like something from Newgrounds.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Sitting down and bringing multiple eps of a show myself isn't something I do a lot of these days.

So I surprised myself when, over the course of a few days, I watched the entirety of Our Planet on Netflix. Planet Earth was always one of those things, "I'll get to." I never did. Our Planet features gorgeous--and sometimes heartbreaking--scenes of nature framed in the context of climate change. You've probably seen or heard of the video of walruses falling from the cliffs. It's horrifying. Knowing that it's happening is necessary.

Now I'm watching Blue Planet 2. I think I'll be watching a lot of this stuff.

5/5 slowly warming planets for Our Planet on Netflix. If you watch it, do yourself a favor and check out the behind the scenes episode of how they made the show. It's really incredible.