Reading my old reviews makes me groan.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So somehow today I remembered about my original GameFAQs account that got banned. I dug through some links and found the contribute page for my account for reviews and good god man. If you ever want to hate yourself just read things you wrote a long time ago. These are all reviews I wrote between 02- 04 and they are fuggin TERRIBLE.

Anyways I share my shame with you all. Anyone feel the same way about older stuff they wrote or just in general how you use to act on the internet? I challenge you to share your shame!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/starwind74/contributions/reviews

rentacop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By rentacop

"To break this review down im breakin it down"

:P

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

"Lets Paint the walls...Bloody Red!"

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

Going back to visit my old Escapist profile a few weeks ago was a pain as well. Hell, I'm sure I could go find something from six months - or even six weeks - ago on here and find something that I could kick myself for saying.

Never forget that no man ever loses the capacity to be a twat.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rentacop: Yeah, I know man its just awful. XD

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a few years you will stumble upon this thread and groan at your stupidity, making a stupid thread about you groaning over trivial matters (DON'T get me wrong I'm not calling you stupid I'm echoing your future thoughts based on your current thoughts of your past).

You should be proud of whatever the fuck you were like at any time in the past :) Unless you hurt kitties. Then you should groan.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

The two user reviews I wrote on GameSpot are pretty terrible. One day I might repost them here. Maybe when I decide to finally finish that Mario Party 7 review I started.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By musubi

In a few years you will stumble upon this thread and groan at your stupidity, making a stupid thread about you groaning over trivial matters (DON'T get me wrong I'm not calling you stupid I'm echoing your future thoughts based on your current thoughts of your past).

You should be proud of whatever the fuck you were like at any time in the past :) Unless you hurt kitties. Then you should groan.

THE CYCLE CONTINUES!

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By zoozilla

I remember on my old GameSpot account I wrote this really lengthy blog post arguing against Roger Ebert when he claimed that games can't be art.

It's definitely a groaner.

EDIT: Oh, I found the link. It's terrible, but at least it's laughably terrible.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

There is TONS of embarrassing shit on my GameSpot profile. Thank christ I used a different username back then.

And no, I'm not telling you what it is.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

I don't even have to read my GameSpot era stuff to know it's horrible.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By 49th  Online

Ugh, I just looked back at my posts from a MapleStory forum... half of the them I could find were me telling people they were posting on the wrong board, and half of them were one sentence answers and general shit posting. Also, I didn't know how to use apostrophe's properly. (like that)

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

There is TONS of embarrassing shit on my GameSpot profile. Thank christ I used a different username back then.

And no, I'm not telling you what it is.

You were a PWB lurker weren't you. xD

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Video_Game_King

@rentacop said:

"To break this review down im breakin it down"

:P

I think calling Code Veronica X a "perfect game" is far dumber.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Oh dude, it's the worst. I draw rather often, and have been for many years, looking back on past work is agonising. I'd put some up if they weren't all in sketchbooks all over the place. I find the best thing to do with that is look at it, consider where you were in your life then and realise you are who you are now for having been there. your point of view and identity is better formed because of it. You have to own that stuff, you know. Otherwise it can weigh you down, props for linking to it.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Aetheldod

Yeah just reread mine at gamespot ... well I will admit grammar aint my forte :/

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Chibithor

I once found an old account on some random site that I couldn't remember ever visiting even after logging in there with an old password of mine. It made me understand that the people writing really inane comments all have a chance to change as I did.

I also think around 800 of my 1000 Steam forum posts are from telling people that VAC works on the VAC section. Time well spent.

But man the Tribes guys really missed out on the box-quote "The Real Halo" - outlawdarkwolf (also a pretty good 'username I picked when I was younger')

Anyway, not super old but here's some fresh insight on the latest rumors on the upcoming WoW expansion and a sick burn on Something Awful:

Going to be honest here:

It sounds terrible. Goblins are nothing new, they are boring. Thrall would have to be retarded to promote the clearly unfit warchief Garrosh to the position. Cairne getting killed also sounds strange

And come on, SOMETHING AWFUL as a source? LOL. No new hero class, instead old classes with new races, nothing too interesting there either. We'll see at the Blizzcon, myself, I hope not half of this is true. But, just my opinion.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I'm never going to look at my old Gamespot profile ever again for this exact reason. I cringe reading things I wrote a year ago let alone seven years ago.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I can't look at my old Gamespot reviews without wanting to kill myself.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

Honestly, I bet I'd cringe if I looked at some of my old blogs and forum posts here, to not even think about the things I posted on those Might and Magic and Fire Emblem message boards circa 2006/2007.

On the bright side: If what you wrote years ago makes you uncomfortable, that's good. It means you've improved from your stupid 14-year-old self. Those review headers though...yeah, I can see you giving Bloodrayne a 9.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

I can barely look at past material from just a few months ago, let alone a decade-plus-ago at this point. I'll never be satisfied with my own work as a writer, but at the same time, at least it means I won't become complacent over something complete shit. Or so I can hope.

That being said:

"Ah! Sound a game can't be complete without sound right? Right!"

You're a brave person for coming forward with this and I applaud you for being able to bask in your roasting.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going back to visit my old Escapist profile a few weeks ago was a pain as well. Hell, I'm sure I could go find something from six months - or even six weeks - ago on here and find something that I could kick myself for saying.

Never forget that no man ever loses the capacity to be a twat.

Such wisdom.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mrsignerman44

I always delete the stupid shit I've done on the internet frequently. Old Twitter? Gone. Deviantart shit? Gone. Gamefaqs account?Especially gone.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I have only written two reviews, one of Halo: Reach, and one of Halo 4, I think my Halo 4 Review is a pretty big improvement.

rentacop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By rentacop

I used to frequent this random, small forum around 2000 and have been searching for it every few months over the past few years. As bad as I am now, I'm sure there are tons of gems from my pre-high school English days.