Recommend a funny podcast

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all, looking for a funny new podcast to listen to. Listening to political or informative podcasts while gaming has been my go to way to blow off steam for a long time, but (understandably) all of these podcasts are now focused on the coronavirus, and frankly I've heard about as much as I'm willing to take in about the virus at this point.

So duders, what's a funny podcast to take our minds off these troubled times?

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Haven't listened in quite a while but My Brother, My Brother and Me was/is really good. Doughboys is also a fun, funny one that I listen to sporadically.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkmoney52: I have recently been listening to the Conan O'Brien needs a friend podcast. They seem to be good for joke stories but also have some interesting background on his guests. The BBC do a good Read Ringers (parodies of famous people) and Weekly News jokes podcast. Unfortunately the most recent ones have gone into Corona Virus content but old episodes are worth a listen.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I haven't kept up with the latest season but the first season of The Worst Idea of All Time is a beautiful descent into madness.

Off Menu is also a pretty fun food/interview podcast hosted by James Acaster and Ed Gamble so if you're a fan of their work I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Bodega Boys is keeping me sane.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been binge listening to Knowledge Fight which is a podcast about recapping and understanding the madness that is Alex Jones. It's very funny although perhaps equally as stressful in a completely different way.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

I have to recommend the duckfeed network, with the main show being Watch Out For Fireballs. That one is a games club podcast, but the others are more just funny nonsense. They have one called Monster in My Podcast that runs through each entry in Pen and Paper bestiaries (like the Monster Manual from DnD) with short podcasts that's really funny. They also do Abject Suffering, which covers bad or weird games and goes off topic. They also do a cool Dark Souls podcast called Bonfireside Chat.

They've been an escape for me, since my other podcasts I listen to have been a lot about the virus. They put out a lot of good stuff.

If you are not easily offended and like very stupid humor, I recommend Cum Town. The stupidity of the show is a great outlet for me every week.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By DocHaus

@darkmoney52:

Episode 1: A bunch of dudes improvise the first episode of a non-existent podcast that they create on the spot. Check out "Two Weeks Paid Leave."

The Dollop: A (mostly) American history podcast told by two comedians. Check out "The Rube" and "Ten-Cent Beer Night"

@stephen_von_cloud: Didn't think I'd see a Cum Town rec here. That show is a real...acquired taste.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

@dochaus: well I did preface it. There's no funnier podcast to me and they are a real life saving distraction from shit I deal with, including the virus. Love the boys, except Adam lol.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#10 chaser324  Moderator

A few fixtures in my rotation:

• Comedy Bang Bang - The classic improv podcast. If you're a new listener, I'd suggest dipping into the backlog with the Best Of eps, or any episode with Jason Mantzoukas, Jon Gabrus, Carl Tart, or Shaun Diston.
  • Threedom - I'm honestly not sure if this will appeal to anyone that isn't a regular listener of Comedy Bang Bang and is familiar with Scott Aukerman, Lauren Lapkus, and Paul F Thompkins.
  • Doughboys - A chain resturaunt review podcast. If you need an episode to start with, maybe try out the movie review of Garfield's Thanksgiving with Paul Rust from Nov 2019.
  • Bodega Boys - BX all day. Sucio Boys!
TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#11 TheChris  Online

Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend is pretty good especially the episode with Dana Carvey.

Avatar image for not_a_bumblebee
not_a_bumblebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I second the Episode 1 recommend. I also love Your Kickstarter Sucks, We Hate Movies, Rude Tales of Magic, and Blocked Party.

someoneproud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I listen to 'No Such Thing as a Fish' from time to time, the researchers for a semi-popular British comedic quiz show present interesting/funny facts they found each week.

There's quite a lot of episodes out there and it makes me laugh quite a bit. They tend to be about 40/50 mins a piece.

arcadefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Three Questions with Andy Richter has been pretty refreshing.

Sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

100% My Brother, My Brother and Me.

It's completely stupid. I used to hate it, cause I didn't like Griffin, but now he's so funny

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Not comedy shows, but Laser Time's output is always entertaining. At this point they have my favorite shows going.

Sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

Not comedy shows, but Laser Time's output is always entertaining. At this point they have my favorite shows going.

Their Simpsons podcast used to be the best podcast online until it got awful

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'll second Comedy Bang Bang, My Brother My Brother and Me, and Conan O'Brien needs a friend. If you like those there are more podcasts by the same people or on their networks.

The host of CBB has another show with Parks and Recreation's Adam Scott where they discuss the music of U2 and REM, but mostly just goof around. In addition to MBMBAM's hosts many other shows, they are a part of a network with similar shows of funny people chatting like Jordan Jessie Go and Stop Podcasting Yourself.

Doug Loves Movies is similar, he does live shows with comedians where they goof around and play movie games. Not sure how that's doing right now with the virus, but there's an extensive back catalog.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@sombre: Yeah, because there was a falling out and TS completely split away from LT. I hear it's gotten really negative since then.

Sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

@sombre: Yeah, because there was a falling out and TS completely split away from LT. I hear it's gotten really negative since then.

The OG trio was sublime. Then they started getting in a guest EVERY week and they were SO UNFUNNY. The episodes with Dan and Alex are absolute treats. I also really like the episode where they do "Homer at the Bat"

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Another rec for MBMBAM. Nothing has made me laugh as hard as the brothers on top of their game.

Another one that always got me laughing is Punch Up The Jam. They lost a certain essential something when Demi left, but those earlier episodes were consistently fantastic. (nothing against Miel, she's great, she just really needed Demi to play off of)

As for a lesser known one, The Horror Virgin is really funny, whether or not you care about the horror genre.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhh Yeah Dude.