Recommended eats in Portland? (OR)

LtTibbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LtTibbles

The missus and I are going to be visiting Portland and we're just wondering what are some restaurants to look out for? Burger places, fancy restaurants, anything you guys could recommend thanks!

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

Oregon?

void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Assuming you mean Portland, OR. I had a burger and garlic fries at the Deschutes Brewery in Pearl District and it was pretty great. But from my experience visting there last year I'd say most places were above average. (I stayed in Pearl District.) If you like beer , even better.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman

I used to live around NW 23rd Ave, which has a lot of good options, and is just a good little street to stroll down and check out. If you're looking for something real fancy, Papa Haydn on 23rd is great. A couple streets down on 21st there are two more places, one of which is called Ken's artisan bakery, the other is called Dick's Kitchen. Ken's has great lunch, and otherwise has various great baked goods. They also do a pizza night every Monday, which is the best. Dick's always has unique types of meat for their special burgers, and I believe everything they serve is locally sourced, so it's of high quality. Kind of expensive, but very good. Oh and back up on 23rd you can stop by Salt and Straw for some truly awesome ice cream. Tons of weird/great flavors. There can be a line literally out the door and around the corner depending on the night, though.

There's also The Roxy which is still in NW Portland, but a little closer to the heart of the city. It's an experience. Go to the Roxy, haha. What really makes it great is their huge menu, and they'll make breakfast lunch or dinner all day. You could also stop by Powell's Books afterward, which is very nearby, and is the coolest/best book store around.

There are too many good places. I haven't even mentioned the East side, but hopefully that'll give you some ideas if you're in NW.

LtTibbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Live in Portland, killer burger downtown is great, I really like the wings at pok pok, el Gallo taqueria has good burritos. I also really liked lardo as well.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Quid_Pro_Bono

Fire on the Mountain for wings and other fried shit. Montage has great macaroni & cheese (try it with alligator) and oysters, it's under the Morrison bridge. Wait can be long for both because they're pretty famous, but they're not really tourist traps. I've lived here my whole life and genuinely love them. Cha Cha Cha is a really good Mexican food place in a converted house.

Edit: almost forgot Mother's, the dopest breakfast place. Great food but insanely busy all the time. Don't bother without a reservation or at least 2 hours to stand in line.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Bunk sandwiches is really good. There's also this Korean Mexican fusion food truck I don't remember the name of that is amazing--you should go to a big gathering of food trucks and try a bunch. Sizzle Pie for pizza. I haven't lived there in a couple years so details are kinda fuzzy. Man I miss all the food and beer options of Portland.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@sloppydetective: Koi Fusion! They have a truck on west Burnside across the street from Fred Meyer.

But yeah, speaking of food trucks, Phat Cart in SW down by the Portland State University campus is delicious.