Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Edited By DragoonKain1687

Well, its been a long time since I last posted something on this blog. And I DO mean a long time. But lately, I've felt the urge to express myself a little bit more. Maybe because the person I love is visiting her family, so I spend more time "alone". So, maybe, we can talk about that? Or I can give my impression on the subject.

So, having someone to love is wonderful. I can't begin to express how my life improved since I met her. And by improve, I do mean a lot. It's funny, how can a person can change us so much. Don't you think so? Life feels better, at least, that's what happens in my case. What about you lovers out there?  Do you feel happy? Fulfilled? As if life could not be any better?

When you have a couple, you start doing more things, and the time you are not with that person, seems to last forever. I know, the worst time of my day are my 9 hours of work. After that, even if things are terrible, seeing her face just makes me happy. It lifts the weight of the world, and I can just rest. It's like magic. It's instant. Just seeing her smile, holding her, even if we are doing house chores, or doing a work for her university, it does not matter. 

But, now comes my problem, my life shatters when we are apart. She lives in another state, so, last week, she went back to visit her family. And even though I kind of forced her to go, a big part of me did not want that. Call me selfish, but being without her feels weird. As if I'm empty. We do talk a lot, during my work time we use sms and messenger. And at night, we use video calls with Skype, which helps shorten our distance. But we both miss the feeling of being together. Its funny, but sometimes, you feel like in one of those romantic movies, and you start to learn that some of those corny or cheezy words, start floating around you, and involuntarily you say them. 

Being apart is hard, I must say that. And I DO mean hard. So, what do you guys and girls think? Are you in a relationship? Have you been apart for 2 or more weeks? How did you feel about it?  

Just for those, a nice picture of us :p Sorry for the quality, its from a cell phone 

I love you!
 I love you!
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By DragoonKain1687

Well, its been a long time since I last posted something on this blog. And I DO mean a long time. But lately, I've felt the urge to express myself a little bit more. Maybe because the person I love is visiting her family, so I spend more time "alone". So, maybe, we can talk about that? Or I can give my impression on the subject.

So, having someone to love is wonderful. I can't begin to express how my life improved since I met her. And by improve, I do mean a lot. It's funny, how can a person can change us so much. Don't you think so? Life feels better, at least, that's what happens in my case. What about you lovers out there?  Do you feel happy? Fulfilled? As if life could not be any better?

When you have a couple, you start doing more things, and the time you are not with that person, seems to last forever. I know, the worst time of my day are my 9 hours of work. After that, even if things are terrible, seeing her face just makes me happy. It lifts the weight of the world, and I can just rest. It's like magic. It's instant. Just seeing her smile, holding her, even if we are doing house chores, or doing a work for her university, it does not matter. 

But, now comes my problem, my life shatters when we are apart. She lives in another state, so, last week, she went back to visit her family. And even though I kind of forced her to go, a big part of me did not want that. Call me selfish, but being without her feels weird. As if I'm empty. We do talk a lot, during my work time we use sms and messenger. And at night, we use video calls with Skype, which helps shorten our distance. But we both miss the feeling of being together. Its funny, but sometimes, you feel like in one of those romantic movies, and you start to learn that some of those corny or cheezy words, start floating around you, and involuntarily you say them. 

Being apart is hard, I must say that. And I DO mean hard. So, what do you guys and girls think? Are you in a relationship? Have you been apart for 2 or more weeks? How did you feel about it?  

Just for those, a nice picture of us :p Sorry for the quality, its from a cell phone 

I love you!
 I love you!
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

I'm not in a relationship, but you come off as a lost puppy when your girl isn't around. You should get used to her not being around as much or you'll come off as clingy

JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By JB16

In my personal opinion long distance relationships never work out, ever. I was dating this girl and we were 100% couldn't break us apart in love, that is until she moved with her family ....we broke up 1 month later.

DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DragoonKain1687
@JB16 said:
" In my personal opinion long distance relationships never work out, ever. I was dating this girl and we were 100% couldn't break us apart in love, that is until she moved with her family ....we broke up 1 month later. "
It's not a long distance relationship though. She lives where I live. But she went to visit her family for 2.5 weeks :p

And yeah, I think I am a lost puppy :(
guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By guiseppe

I'm in a long distance relationship where we're usually apart for 4-6 weeks at a time. We met online and live 700km away from eachother. It's working alright, we've been together for a little over 2 years now. Living in this kind of relationship definitely puts a strain on you (and the relationship) though, it's annoying as hell being apart for so long, but there's nothing we can do about it right now. If I hadn't loved her so much, I probably wouldn't have coped.

Bhouse563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Bhouse563

I've been apart from my fiance for over a month now. We both lived in CO but she decided to move back to WI to be closer to her family, while I have to wait till mid Aug to move as I have job obligations. Its hard, we've had fights, but like it was posted earlier don't come off as clingy. 
Might I suggest playing videogames to take your mind off things? We are, after all, on giantbomb.com

Malchom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Malchom

Dude, my GF is going to study in Switzerland for 6 months soon and I can't function properly without her around, I feel you.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Arbie

Hmm, I was away from my boyfriend for a month whilst I was in France and it was horrible. I found it tough to be enjoying myself when I was thinking of him so often and just counting the days away until he could come visit. Now I'm sick of the sight of him and can't wait to go back! 

Anywho, you should write this in a letter or something equally sickeningly sweet for you girlfriend. She'd probably appreciate it.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Tireyo

I've never experienced that feeling that you have before.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By recroulette

Yeah really, don't tell us this when you should be telling her this.

But you don't want to be THAT clingy. That can sour things pretty badly down the road.

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HS21

*Wants Ahmad Metallic or someone else equally inexperienced yet somehow jaded by relationships to respond to this thread. That would be most entertaining. 

sawfish22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sawfish22
@Axxol:
AMEN!  Don't be a clinger, dude.  It's makes you sound pretty lame and you'll scare off any girl by acting too clingy.  Trust me.
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DragoonKain1687

You think I`m a "clinger"? You should listen to her HAHA. 

BTW, I found that I can be very romantic with what I say. Funny, I thought I was more like "Terminator" like and not a "Romantic". 

Thanks for the tips though!!

Jaserno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jaserno

@DragoonKain1687:
 I feel you dude, my girlfriend and I are students so we're apart for like 4 months at a time. We do keep in near-constant contact so our relationship works. You'll be fine man, chin up. Just need to find something to do when she isn't around. My big thing is gaming and drinking. So I'm around my friends a lot which makes it easier. 

We both also live in the same town so when we're not at university everything is pretty sweet.   

EDIT: Oh, and me and my girlfriend are at university 200 miles apart and been together 3 years this October.

fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By fini_fly
@DragoonKain1687 said:
It sucks, but hang in there duder. For almost 5 of the 6 years I've been with my fiance was spent apart. 3 years living of her living 350 km away, 1 year of 500 km away, and 1 year 4000km and 2 time zones away. So each time she moved farther away for school or work, the time in between seeing her was increased. 2 weeks is nothing. Try 3 months. Now we are getting married on Sunday. So hang in there. 
Jaserno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jaserno
@fini_fly said:
" @DragoonKain1687 said:
It sucks, but hang in there duder. For almost 5 of the 6 years I've been with my fiance was spent apart. 3 years living of her living 350 km away, 1 year of 500 km away, and 1 year 4000km and 2 time zones away. So each time she moved farther away for school or work, the time in between seeing her was increased. 2 weeks is nothing. Try 3 months. Now we are getting married on Sunday. So hang in there.  "
Congratulations on getting married, I hope all goes to plan and things continue so well for you. 3 months apart is hard though.
seanvail99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By seanvail99
@DragoonKain1687: I understand where you're coming from. Use the time to get something done that you wouldn't be able to otherwise. Start a project of some sort, keep active and busy with something to keep your mind occupied. It'll be healthy for you to have some independent time. I've been where you're at. 
fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By fini_fly
@Jaserno: Thanks. So far everything is okay, and looks like the weather is going to hold up too!
karneh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By karneh

It's hard, for sure. I remember 1 or 2 years ago when my girlfriend went out of state to see family, I kinda lost it. But I then calmed down and became a free bird, flying in an open meadow with daisies springing up from the neatly soiled ground.
Then again, I think it's different different if you're the one going away. I could just imagine what she feels when I take my yearly trips to visit my family in England.

Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

Sad story bro.

Avatar image for deactivated-63efc336e9a4d
deactivated-63efc336e9a4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool Story Bro.

I've been in one. Long distance. More than a year, twas hell

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Kazona

My girlfriend lives in the US, and I live in the Netherlands. This means that we only get to see each other a couple of times a year. We've been trying for a visa, but that shit ain't easy. So yep, I know all about being separated from the one you love.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By VisariLoyalist

oh my god, you vastly overestimate the giantbomb communities capacity to understand a relationship.

CharkeeFarlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By CharkeeFarlee

@VisariLoyalist said:

" oh my god, you vastly overestimate the giantbomb communities capacity to understand a relationship. "
This!
But also, you should be fine. If you pushed to to go then that proves how much she means to you :) 
I would go on some tangent about my boyfriend going to uni in september. But i can't really think of anything to say!
lauritta168

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lauritta168

Oh my god!! babe, you're so sweet when you want to!! YOU MADE ME CRY!! 

People.. what you DON'T KNOW is that we actually play videogames together.. so, some games, at least for me, are not the same or make me feel away from him.. 
i'm almost 3000km from him *yes, Argentina IS big*, but the fact that i can talk to him or watch him on a web cam makes me feel happier.. 

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#26  Edited By wefwefasdf

My girlfriend went on a trip to Europe to run some camps in Romania. During that time there was no communication for ten days. It sucked. Hard.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jasta

It sucks alot but we deal with it.